Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Vardy

18 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

If he wants to stay at the club, he should reduce or agree part payment pending promotion and him hitting a certain threshold of games and goals.

If he doesn’t then he should seek pastures new.

I rather be watching the club compete in years to come than a Vardy swan song on ridiculous wages that could lead to major issues or sacrificing other areas that need strengthening. 

No doubt that's what the club have done, It's up to the board to find a resolution with Vardy. Would the likes of Everton lower premier league clubs be willing to pay his wages?

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Part of me thinks that in order to have a full club reset, we sort of need him to go. 

As much as I love him, I just get the feeling that he’s not going to be quiet if he isn’t 1st choice.  The comments he made in that interview after leeds seemed like he was annoyed at brendan for a dropping him.  

But from the outside, I think we all saw it was needed and brendan probably took too long. 

I just can’t see it being good for the club culture if he’s not the main man. 

FWIW i still think he’d bag 20 goals in this league but we need to start rebuilding for the future, i’d prefer to have a full clean slate. 

But … if conversations are had and vardy is fine with a less prominent role… than that’s a different story altogether 

I think you're spot on on this, if you're a striker like Piroe, you'd want to be number 1, and you might look at the fact Vatdy is there and the way other strikers have been sidelined and think again, it's probably time for club to evolve, and if vardys still here, he needs to play a supporting role now

On 14/07/2023 at 08:47, cropstonfox said:

Worth every penny as a loyalty bonus and Thank you for everything he's done for our club.Still holds the consecutive premier League goals all time record.Excellence deserves reward to encourage others to strive to achieve similar. GOAT!

When you’re so financially restricted, as we will be in the EFL… there’s no room for such sentiment unfortunately. Promotion is much more important than giving Vardy a ‘loyalty bonus’ for the sake of the future of our club.

If Top really wanted to reward him, he could bung him some dough when he retires or something. 

FWIW, I do want to keep hold of Vardy, but not at the expense of our future. 

20 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Part of me thinks that in order to have a full club reset, we sort of need him to go. 

As much as I love him, I just get the feeling that he’s not going to be quiet if he isn’t 1st choice.  The comments he made in that interview after leeds seemed like he was annoyed at brendan for dropping him.  

But from the outside, I think we all saw it was needed and brendan probably took too long. 

I just can’t see it being good for the club culture if he’s not the main man. 

FWIW i still think he’d bag 20 goals in this league but we need to start rebuilding for the future, i’d prefer to have a full clean slate. 

But … if conversations are had and vardy is fine with a less prominent role… than that’s a different story altogether 

It's 46 games + cup games

There's no way Vardy is physically able to start all of them, it's obvious he's going to get rotated with whoever else we'll have at the club. Reckon starting in about half of them will be totally fine with him and at the same time it's probably not going to be detrimental to our season either. I really don't think there's a need to actively phase him out, it'll take care of itself over the next season I reckon

8 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

That’s 150k a week after the cut for relegation, are you sure about that?

You sure he had a cut?

There was talk only the players that came in jan had any sort of relegation clauses.

I cant imagine they even thought relegation was a possibility when vardy signed his last deal.

5 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

You sure he had a cut?

There was talk only the players that came in jan had any sort of relegation clauses.

I cant imagine they even thought relegation was a possibility when vardy signed his last deal.

Percy said Maddison had a 50% cut, and that all players had 35-50%

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

You sure he had a cut?

I thought John percy reported that all the players would have their wages cut by between 30 and 50 per cent due to relegation? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

You sure he had a cut?

Not true.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-liverpool-wages-relegation-8439633#

• Like 1

If we create chances Vardy will score. His predatory instant has gone nowhere and in sheer know how around the box Vardy is head and shoulders around anyone else in the division. Even at his age

It all goes back to the type of possession football we play, if it is sideways and pedestrian then Vardy will struggle. You can’t expect him to create his own chances on a regular basis, and constantly be on the shoulder of the defence moving them around. 

Last session especially we were over reliant on Maddison or Barnes conjuring something up out of nothing, how many good chances did we actually create for our strikers? Can hardly remember any. Especially after Christmas 

If we play football in the oppositions half, pen them back in their final third and encourage/demand off the ball movement then he’ll fire us to promotion

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Not gonna lie the fact it says 'claimed' and is normal for most clubs doesn't fill me with hope looking at the way we have conducted out affairs recently.

But hopefully it's true. 

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Not gonna lie the fact it says 'claimed' and is normal for most clubs doesn't fill me with hope looking at the way we have conducted out affairs recently.

But hopefully it's true. 

Jeez, so many on here that are going to continue taking the worst possible view on anything and everything the club do.

Just accept that your claim of £7.5m per year is wrong. I’m amazed that you’ve managed to miss the many posts about players taking a cut of between 30 & 50%, it gets mentioned in every thread about our players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Jeez, so many on here that are going to continue taking the worst possible view on anything and everything the club do.

Just accept that your claim of £7.5m per year is wrong. I’m amazed that you’ve managed to miss the many posts about players taking a cut of between 30 & 50%, it gets mentioned in every thread about our players.

But there are whispers that didn’t apply to him, see the goat cap and being offered around for transfer rumours.

We all love Vardy for what he means to us. But he should really take the Saudi Money on offer for a season or two.

Then come back here for an Ambassador type role for the Club.

At best I can only seem him playing 20 games + Substituations.

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

But there are whispers that didn’t apply to him, see the goat cap and being offered around for transfer rumours.

Not sure as evidence goes, a goat cap is any more than circumcision….   

4 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

That’s 150k a week after the cut for relegation, are you sure about that?

Vardys contract does not reduce with relegation as he had the clause removed on his renewal...

Screenshot_20230715_155449_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Fox85
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

Vardys contract does not reduce with relegation as he had the clause removed on his renewal...

I wouldn't take something someone put on the internet as fact, especially when it is regarding contracts people other than Vardy and the club know **** all about

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

So you're trusting some website which is guesswork over what is reported? Why? 

How do you know that clause was removed, which for the record would make absolutely no ****ing sense (not saying that makes it untrue)?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

I'm surprised you manage to miss that at no point did I claim vardy earned 7.5 million a year :thumbup:

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

I'm surprised you manage to miss that at no point did I claim vardy earned 7.5 million a year :thumbup:

Apologies it was Fox85 who mede the claim but as it was 'known' he was on 150k a week and you thought there was a chance he hadn't had a cut ...... :thumbup: