Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Vardy

Does sound like his team are getting it out there to generate interest, I think a move abroad and one last pay day does appeal but only if the location is suitable for his family. 

I think we would let him go for free or a very nominal fee as a recognition of his service and allow him to negotiate a very lucrative signing on fee albeit if it means a drop on his current wage. Also allows club to get rid of his wages from an FFP perspective, bit of a win win scenario for all parties. 

• Like 1

Never say never - there's probably some clubs/locations he would go for, but its clear that Maresca anticipates keeping him and he has, in the past, chosen being a Leicester legend over other opportunities. I think it would be a great conclusion to his story if he brought Leicester straight back up. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

That tweet also contradicts what the manager said though, no convo has taken place between the two.

Reads to me like a leak from his side and a come and get me to leagues like the MLS.

I don’t think it really does?

Maresca can still want him to stay after having assessed the squad and without having spoken to Vardy

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

The manager has said he’s staying.

He’s turning down Saudi money.

He’s not going anywhere. 

I wonder what the money was because that Saudi club is not one of the 4 state backed clubs.

3 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Said it before but I'll say it again. 

His legs have not gone. Had his most prolific season for us the season before last. 

We played horrific football and barely had the ball in the opposition third all season, relying on goals from outside the box. 

The chances he did get, he snatched at. Easy to do when chances are few and far between. 

Accept that he's getting old and time is working against him, but I haven't yet seen evidence that his legs have given up on him quite yet.

I genuinely think he’ll do well in the championship with the lack of VAR.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Said it before but I'll say it again. 

His legs have not gone. Had his most prolific season for us the season before last. 

We played horrific football and barely had the ball in the opposition third all season, relying on goals from outside the box. 

The chances he did get, he snatched at. Easy to do when chances are few and far between. 

Accept that he's getting old and time is working against him, but I haven't yet seen evidence that his legs have given up on him quite yet.

I'd argue all the reasons you just stated show he's actually deserving one more year.

When Smith took over he scored against Leeds and Everton and should have had had a second in that. Destroyed them at times and looked exactly like the Vardy we knew given a few chances. I'd 100% have him as part of our strikers alongside bringing another in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Will1981 said:

I wonder what the money was because that Saudi club is not one of the 4 state backed clubs.

It might not suit Vardy but for £1m per week he'd be off no doubt and who would blame him, they would just have to make him an offer he couldn't turn down. Ronaldo and Benzema on £3.5m per week, nice work if you can get it. :)

2 hours ago, Trumpet said:

I genuinely think he’ll do well in the championship with the lack of VAR.

No VAR in the Championship? 

It will be nice to fully celebrate a goal again and not on 85-90% because in the PL it's not really confirmed as a goal until the other team kick off.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Buzzell said:

I’m actually surprised he’s turned down a move to Saudi Arabia. The money he would make there would be incredible.

Not a great place to raise a family. And the Friday executions in Chop-chop square is not really a family day out.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, The_77 said:

IMG_5469.jpeg

One of them just handed out €100m gross a year to Kante, who played 7 last season and has had injuries in the double figures over the last few years, so this is bizarre reasoning unless money is an issue for some of these teams (relatively speaking).

Obviously have no idea about any of these clubs, nor do I care to, but I thought it problematic (sport/competition-wise) when the PIF were allowed to control 4 clubs in the same league. It’s a law unto itself over there though, it seems.

Edited by FoxCal

27 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Agents trying to get involved in the Saudi payday’s even though Vardy doesn’t want to move there?

this is the world of agents 

clearly some have decided to 'appoint' themselves as intermediaries and fish for business. if they get a bite from saudi then they approach vardy's agent and hope for a positive response. clearly they haven't had one.  what is interesting from those tweets is the 80k euros per week. would expect him to be earning that here next season although 

a) he'd be paying tax

b)  his contract is up next summer 

if saudi came calling with a ridiculous salary package then i'm guessing that vards may think again. but i cant see that happening. 

My dream would be for vardy to go and play for toronto so I can still watch him but not have him slowly perhaps drop down in our fans estimations. 

I know he owes us nothing more and if he doesn’t score a goal again that’s fine… but I don’t want to be in a situation where he’s unhappy on the bench and we’re unhappy when he comes on. he ended last season playing well again and i kinda hope he can leave with that legacy. 

He can probably still do it in this league but there’s only so much someone his age can do before the legs go.  

Maybe he can be our kev phillips super sub? i’m not sure anymore and the risk of the fairy tale, leaves me hoping he gets a nice move somewhere 

Edited by Lambert09