Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Vardy

Why would he want to live another season out that's likely to be like last season, for another club? If it was a team likely to do anything I'd understand it but Everton are basically the 20s Sunderland.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Why would he want to live another season out that's likely to be like last season, for another club? If it was a team likely to do anything I'd understand it but Everton are basically the 20s Sunderland.

Yea I can’t see it. And also his record last season was hardly impressive was it.

Maybe some agent posturing to get him a contract extension? If so we’d need a Geriatric Ward fitted at Seagrave! 

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck

11 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Interesting one this. Not everyone within the club is on the same page when it comes to Vards. The “GOAT” cap he wore to report back to pre-season was an indirect message. Someone is shopping him about and I don’t think he’s particularly pleased about it. 

Clubs a shambles if any of this is true.

On 12/03/2023 at 19:56, Phenom said:

Uhh…I hope we’re not bagging on this…

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Clubs a shambles if any of this is true.

I hope that no one is trying to shunt Vardy out. He has been loyal and he will score in the Championship. We need goals.in the team to get up. JV will then be out of contracts and can leave us on a high. I would hate him.to.go without a proper send off. If any player deserves to gou on a high it is him.

• Like 1

Vardy isn’t going Evertonlol

The guy is a superstar, if he was desperate for an out, one call to Inter Miami and they’ll have the dream strike force of Messi and Vardy for their next season. He is that big a name. 

He is a family man though. The Saudi move must’ve had eye watering sums attached but it wasn’t right for his family. If he leaves us, it’s to prolong his legacy. Not at ****ing Everton. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Interesting one this. Not everyone within the club is on the same page when it comes to Vards. The “GOAT” cap he wore to report back to pre-season was an indirect message. Someone is shopping him about and I don’t think he’s particularly pleased about it. 

Also lead to believe he doesn’t have a wage reduction from relegation which is having a part to play in it. 

14 minutes ago, Bert said:

Also lead to believe he doesn’t have a wage reduction from relegation which is having a part to play in it. 

This would be absolutely nuts and if true, would be something top authorised. Do we know what his earnings are this season?  His 140k contract ended this summer - he signed a year extension last summer. can’t believe we extended a year at 140k for a player of his age. 

32 minutes ago, Bert said:

If this is true he's surely got to go.

It would be a shame for him to finish like it did, but the club needs to start looking after itself properly for once.

7 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

If this is true he's surely got to go.

It would be a shame for him to finish like it did, but the club needs to start looking after itself properly for once.

No one is paying him that wage so we’d by financially screwed on him whatever happens 

if top sanctioned this as a thank you for his service (and to help with the legal bills)  then it’s his money I guess. 

1 hour ago, cropstonfox said:

Worth every penny as a loyalty bonus and Thank you for everything he's done for our club.Still holds the consecutive premier League goals all time record.Excellence deserves reward to encourage others to strive to achieve similar. GOAT!

This would screw the club into administration, and there is no room for such sentimental direction, especially at this time.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Bert said:

Yeah the finances are what’s driving this. There’s never been players on the wages we pay in the Championship. Vards is on wages in the range of £120-140k a week, if we don’t get promoted this season we are ****ed for not cutting our cloth accordingly. It’s a huge risk to keep him imo. 

4 hours ago, Bert said:

If this is the case, I would be 99.9% sure that Vards and his advisors would be amenable to a reformatted payment plan over, say, the next 3 years

It isn't in the bests interests of his legacy to bleed the club dry. 

14 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Nowhere near Administration.

Check the figures.

Maybe, but you think a 140k player on a Championship team is healthy financially and for morale?

No player ever is bigger than the club, and whilst it’s not his job to accept a lower salary, but it is the clubs to ensure we are financially responsible

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Maybe, but you think a 140k player on a Championship team is healthy financially and for morale?

No player ever is bigger than the club, and whilst it’s not his job to accept a lower salary, but it is the clubs to ensure we are financially responsible

When you think the top 3 we’re not even from Championship clubs 

43CB2A17-ABBE-4197-AC9D-393F8E3F3081.thumb.jpeg.54c555a2d16cfff99afaab9c363565ad.jpeg

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1

If Vardy scores 20 plus goals it’s worth it but he would have to be a be a near starter every game, and not a bench player, it’s a tough one. If we were in the premier league for sure, but now we are in the championship is it viable?

Edited by Happy Fox

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

If Vardy scores 20 plus goals it’s worth it but he would have to be a be a near starter every game, and not a bench player, it’s a tough one. If we were in the premier league for sure, but now we are in the championship is it viable?

If he wants to stay at the club, he should reduce or agree part payment pending promotion and him hitting a certain threshold of games and goals.

If he doesn’t then he should seek pastures new.

I rather be watching the club compete in years to come than a Vardy swan song on ridiculous wages that could lead to major issues or sacrificing other areas that need strengthening. 

• Like 2