Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

James Justin

10 minutes ago, tomtom said:

JJ was fit at the end of last season,  a full pre season under his belt too and he should be fine

Let's stay positive 😁

Agree. 

I always worry that Ricardo however gets himself too fit, to the point he's like an athlete or racehorse and the muscles are prone to twanging at the slightest thing. 

We need JJ and Ricardo both match fit and get the physical load work in. I'm more confident in JJ achieving that than Ricardo

I hope he can stay fit and get back to his level. He was brilliant and my favourite Leicester player before his first serious injury.

Rodgers played him into the ground, as he did with most of the starting 11 at that time, and he could have severly curtailed his career.

If it wasn't for that injury he could have been England's starting LB for a long time, he was that good back in 2020

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, trooky said:

I hope he can stay fit and get back to his level. He was brilliant and my favourite Leicester player before his first serious injury.

Rodgers played him into the ground, as he did with most of the starting 11 at that time, and he could have severly curtailed his career.

If it wasn't for that injury he could have been England's starting LB for a long time, he was that good back in 2020

You are right, the worry is that that period was the anomaly. I agree with others, if we get a good bid we need to sell due to the injury risk/value for money.

54 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

You are right, the worry is that that period was the anomaly. I agree with others, if we get a good bid we need to sell due to the injury risk/value for money.

Unfortunately we'll never know if it was an anomaly because of his injury's. I personally think he was developing into a player or real quality and would have continued on that trajectory before his injury's.

5 minutes ago, Oldblueyes said:

Not sure about the England thing. Southgate didn't seem that keen on him when he was substituted at half time after a poor 1st half performance.

That was after his injury though, JJ hasn't reached his pre-injury level yet, maybe he never will.

Luton are a tiny club punching well above their weight. I guarantee you he's happy to be with us rather than them, even if they're above us in the pyramid.

Justin pre injury was a phenomenal player. If him and Ricardo play to 80% of their capabilities they'll be the best fulll backs this division has ever seen.

Edited by Koke

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

I really hope we have a proper medical and fitness regime now. Putting these players into serious difficulty in recent years.

Or hopefully we have a manager that listens to his medical department. 

• Like 1

On 02/07/2023 at 11:48, Corky said:

I really hope we have a proper medical and fitness regime now. Putting these players into serious difficulty in recent years.

I sure we will have. Getting these players in the gym and able to compete physically will be a big part of the job and something that Rodgers seemingly ignored. This guy has arrived from Man City where they have a reputation for working players to peek fitness. Things will be different now I'm sure.

On 01/07/2023 at 06:10, lcfc sheff said:

my worry is there's no coming back from these constant big injuries, I think we should be looking to offload if a decent bid comes in. 

I don’t think his injuries will have been missed by other teams…

our best option is to get him back to full fitness and get him back to form. That’s when we will either benefit from a good player  or get a good an offer good enough to use for a replacement..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have always thought JJ a great talent. I know he’s had bad luck with injuries but many on here thought he could push on to greater things even an England call up. Why isn’t he being used? Is he still not 100% fit ? Doesn’t the manager rate him or does he just not fit into this system? 

2 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

I have always thought JJ a great talent. I know he’s had bad luck with injuries but many on here thought he could push on to greater things even an England call up. Why isn’t he being used? Is he still not 100% fit ? Doesn’t the manager rate him or does he just not fit into this system

I think this is the issue - I'd like to see if he could be converted into a centre back - he has good pace, decent at bringing the ball forward and it would also be a position that isn't as physically demanding on his body as a modern day full back would be.