Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

James Justin

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Personally thought he was a clear improvement on Doyle when he came on. I'm biased, as I've thought it all along. 

His defensive work and pace are far superior. The overlap is superior. Last 5 mins he was dominant in the triangles of possession to run down the clock. 

No question about it,  he is miles ahead of Doyle.  Before injury JJ was better than most fallbacks in the premier league,  and looks like he's back to his old self. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I get that Doyle has had some sloppy moments but what I think a lot of posters (not just yourself to be fair) are criminally underestimating for Doyle are as follows -

1) Doyle is a left footed CB and for Enzo’s style of football that is a very important factor due to the next reason.

2) Doyle’s passing through the lines whilst has been sloppy has also been pretty impressive, how many of our other CB/FB’s pick out Kasey earlier on in the season.

Is Doyle good enough for Man City? Most likely not but could he be a very good squad player for us? 100%

Agree, Doyle has that over JJ. But every other metric JJ would win. Particularly the defensive ones. JJ can score too .

To have Doyle's attributes at 19 is massively impressive. But he ain't gonna gain speed. And I'm always loathe to develop other team's players for them - particularly if it is at the expense of our own

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Agree, Doyle has that over JJ. But every other metric JJ would win. Particularly the defensive ones. JJ can score too .

To have Doyle's attributes at 19 is massively impressive. But he ain't gonna gain speed. And I'm always loathe to develop other team's players for them - particularly if it is at the expense of our own

We're not developing anyone's players for them, the relationship is purely symbiotic. If Maresca thinks we have better players in house rather than the loanees then they won't start.

9 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Good point mate.

I would say that Doyle can play CB much more naturally than JJ too but tend to agree with the other metric comment.

Maybe I’m built weird but I think it’s great that for this season (the now) we have such different and quality options.

I genuinely think Doyle can tighten up his game and be even better but he’s 19 and some of his progressive passing will only continue to develop.

I hope that Doyle’s not out for too long and JJ/Doyle give Enzo a great headache for positive reasons.

8 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

I get that Doyle has had some sloppy moments but what I think a lot of posters (not just yourself to be fair) are criminally underestimating for Doyle are as follows -

1) Doyle is a left footed CB and for Enzo’s style of football that is a very important factor due to the next reason.

2) Doyle’s passing through the lines whilst has been sloppy has also been pretty impressive, how many of our other CB/FB’s pick out Kasey earlier on in the season.

Is Doyle good enough for Man City? Most likely not but could he be a very good squad player for us? 100%

Yeah, I don't get the criticism of Doyle, he has the 4th highes xA in the team.  He also leads the team in tackles per game (3.1, next highest is ricardo 2.3), has the second most interceptions pg in the team and the third most clearances pg.

I think he's easily enzo's first choice at LCB.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I know this is the James Justin love-in thread - but this simply isn't true.

He's played 6172 minutes of football for us and scored 3 goals.  

11 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I know this is the James Justin love-in thread - but this simply isn't true.

He's played 6172 minutes of football for us and scored 3 goals.  

You kinda defeat your own point. It is true. He scores goals, as you point out. 

What you mean is he's not a prolific 10 a season man. But not many defensive players are tbh. 

9 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

You kinda defeat your own point. It is true. He scores goals, as you point out. 

What you mean is he's not a prolific 10 a season man. But not many defensive players are tbh. 

Not really - scoring three goals over 6000 minutes barely registers as a statistic.  To use his goalscoring as an example of why he might be considered a better player than doyle, based on a goal every 2000 minutes is not much of a claim, and isn't really worth mentioning.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

When he signed for us, he was agressive and pretty good going forward. Obviously he's had injury issues BUT I now find him the most frustrating player in the team. He NEVER goes forward, EVER. He's so safe it's stifling. I didn't think we'd miss Doyle but christ we do. 

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

When he signed for us, he was agressive and pretty good going forward. Obviously he's had injury issues BUT I now find him the most frustrating player in the team. He NEVER goes forward, EVER. He's so safe it's stifling. I didn't think we'd miss Doyle but christ we do. 

That's the tactics, not JJ. He has been asked to stay back so we have 3 defenders so the opposite full back can move into midfield. It does mean the wingers have to rely a bit more on the Number 8's for support which is currently missing.

When was the last time you saw Ricci running past on the overlap - it is just not how Enzo wants to play

Just now, beepee1984 said:

That's the tactics, not JJ. He has been asked to stay back so we have 3 defenders so the opposite full back can move into midfield. It does mean the wingers have to rely a bit more on the Number 8's for support which is currently missing.

When was the last time you saw Ricci running past on the overlap - it is just not how Enzo wants to play

But it's the same tactics as when Doyle was playing. The difference being Doyle was often looking for forward passes. JJ literally never passes forwards. Its far, far too safe.

• Like 2

Just now, SecretPro said:

But it's the same tactics as when Doyle was playing. The difference being Doyle was often looking for forward passes. JJ literally never passes forwards. Its far, far too safe.

He is playing just as he did under Rodgers. Adds very little to the team

going forwards or in defence.

The first 75 mins more times that not he gets the ball turns to Mavadidi who has started to run, ignores it and passes back to Vesty. Then gives Stephy an apology wave. 

• Like 1

Just now, Richmondfox said:

He is playing just as he did under Rodgers. Adds very little to the team

going forwards or in defence.

The first 75 mins more times that not he gets the ball turns to Mavadidi who has started to run, ignores it and passes back to Vesty. Then gives Stephy an apology wave. 

Pretty much this, rinse and repeat. As I say, I find watching him frustrating at best and frankly extremely difficult at worst.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, beepee1984 said:

no its not Doyle got forward a lot

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Genuinely think he's rubbish.

Passing backwards in the last 30 seconds sums up his entire approach to football. Genuinely seems to have forgotten how to move and pass forward, which pre-injury he was genuinely fine at.

Anyway, don't rate him at all. Look forward to Doyle coming back.

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Passing backwards in the last 30 seconds sums up his entire approach to football. Genuinely seems to have forgotten how to move and pass forward, which pre-injury he was genuinely fine at.

I think he's held majorly back by Enzo ball. He was a marauding full back before the ACL. Now he barely gets over halfway. That's the tactics given to him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I think he's held majorly back by Enzo ball. He was a marauding full back before the ACL. Now he barely gets over halfway. That's the tactics given to him. 

Doyle regularly got forward and always looked for a forward pass, playing Enzo ball.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

He's so one footed it's ridiculous. Has to move onto his right foot all the time, which means every pass is a safe one. Either sideways or backwards. 

One player who I thought would piss it in this league. It might be the system but he's been so poor this season.

• Like 1

Wasted as a RCB. Several times he went forward, visibly checked himself and went backwards. Enzo has taken one of the best attacking full backs in the division and completely nullified his strengths. I understand why VK chose to leave instead of playing this way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

I’ve been getting more and more frustrated with him this season. Whenever he gets the ball I know it’s going backwards 

• Like 1