Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

James Justin

Just now, AKCJ said:

Wouldn't mind seeing JJ play the role that Faes played yesterday with Faes playing more centrally while Coady is injured. Brings much needed pace to the back 3.

I dont see where else he fits other than an auxiliary CB tbh. He could do a mirror of the Doyle role as well tbf. 

I'll be honest, I actually am a bit surprised one of JJ or Castagne didn't start at RW given our complete lack of options. Especially given how little support McAteer had right wing, JJ's pace getting down the right and getting crosses in probably would have worked. 

But yeah there's definitely not an incredibly obvious place he fits in naturally in Maresca's chosen shape. 

• Like 2

He will be used in the way Walker is at Man City. Certain games he will play when there is a pacey wing threat. Ricardo will probably play his inverted full back role from the left at times. 

Using him as a 3rd centre back I could get on board with, but not sure about him in Faes/Vestergaard role. 

56 minutes ago, Bryn said:

I want him in the team. No brainer to have him in at RCB over Vestergaard with Faes moving central.

He’d certainly be more athletic and quicker than Vestergaard. It’s been that long since I’ve seen him play I can’t really recall what his passing is like, but I think it must be pretty decent?

JJ getting worked into the back 4 as 1 of the 3 cbs is a must imo we need his pace in that backline in place of Vestergaard if not we’re going to get absolutely ripped apart against the slightest bit of pace! I mean Simms was making JV look like that Somalian 100m sprinter and he’s slow as shit himself 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

He will be used in the way Walker is at Man City. Certain games he will play when there is a pacey wing threat. Ricardo will probably play his inverted full back role from the left at times. 

Using him as a 3rd centre back I could get on board with, but not sure about him in Faes/Vestergaard role. 

Was just going to say the same thing about Walker. There’s no pace in our back 3, having Justin there to get back would be helpful.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I dont see where else he fits other than an auxiliary CB tbh. He could do a mirror of the Doyle role as well tbf. 

I'll be honest, I actually am a bit surprised one of JJ or Castagne didn't start at RW given our complete lack of options. Especially given how little support McAteer had right wing, JJ's pace getting down the right and getting crosses in probably would have worked. 

But yeah there's definitely not an incredibly obvious place he fits in naturally in Maresca's chosen shape. 

Especially after Castange played a lot in pre-season, maybe he is close to going somewhere. 

Do wonder if we are easing JJ back in after he injury. 

• 3 weeks later...

If ever a player needed to go out on loan it's Justin.  He's nowhere near starting and if he ever expects to get up to the level needed he needs to be playing 90 minutes every week, not bits and bobs without proper warm ups, or every month or so in the cup.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

If ever a player needed to go out on loan it's Justin.  He's nowhere near starting and if he ever expects to get up to the level needed he needs to be playing 90 minutes every week, not bits and bobs without proper warm ups, or every month or so in the cup.

Hes literally first choice reserve cb, why would they loan him out? Its a long season where the whole squad will be getting lots of minutes

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

And if he goes on loan, then who have we got to bring in, in his absence?

He'll get game time. There's players far ahead of him who will likely leave. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Hes literally first choice reserve cb, why would they loan him out? Its a long season where the whole squad will be getting lots of minutes

10 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

And if he goes on loan, then who have we got to bring in, in his absence?

He'll get game time. There's players far ahead of him who will likely leave. 

Well, obviously we're still looking at bringing in another CB.   Note that i said that he 'needs' it, not that he's going to get it.

And if he genuinely is next in line at CB then we have a real issue there, because he is not a CB - and unless he can develop into that position i don't see him having much of a future at the club.

I'd be much happier if they could bring in an actual centre back rather than use a FB with a terrible injury history that hasn't looked match sharp for years.

I know he's everybody's darling, but i think we can do much better, even at this level.

5 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Well, obviously we're still looking at bringing in another CB.   Note that i said that he 'needs' it, not that he's going to get it.

And if he genuinely is next in line at CB then we have a real issue there, because he is not a CB - and unless he can develop into that position i don't see him having much of a future at the club.

I'd be much happier if they could bring in an actual centre back rather than use a FB with a terrible injury history that hasn't looked match sharp for years.

I know he's everybody's darling, but i think we can do much better, even at this level.

I think you're being very harsh but obviously injuries are a concern as they have been with Ricardo.

Either way, he played 80 minutes tonight and looked ok.

You are quite right he is not a CB, but he is not being asked to play a traditional CB role, likewise the same is the case with Doyle. They are both full backs who are playing on the R/L of a 3. Some of the positions he took up tonight you would never be asking a Faes, a Vestergaard or a Coady to play.