Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

James Justin

36 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Needs to be starting really. Adds much needed pace and athleticism to the backline. Way too good for a championship bench 

Lots of lengthy injuries, needs to eased back for me.

Look after him, use this season to get him back to his peak.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

On 15/09/2023 at 23:37, moore_94 said:

Yeah, but he made a couple of atrocious passes to set up southampton chances; he got caught dreaming and then over-committed to allow che adams a huge chance, he was poor in the build up to the goal and did nothing to prevent the shot, just stood looking around him, not to mention had a miserable 66% pass completion.  And there were times in possession where he just had no idea where he was supposed to be.  

Yes he did some good stuff but there's nothing to suggest he's suddenly a superior choice to faes; and the logistics of him coming in for doyle means that we sacrifice having a left footed LCB.  He's basically a FB trying to transition into a CB and he's miles away from being a long term first choice unless there's a major injury to the actual first choice players.

I think you're all just deliberately ignoring his flaws; he's not mentally ready for a run in the first team.  Great to see him get some time and put in a relatively solid defensive performance, but he's still lacking confidence on the ball or a real understanding of the new role he's being asked to do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 16/09/2023 at 01:39, jayfox26 said:

Easy to see why though as he's been far from impressive. I understand what you're saying about his ability to play through the lines but he's looked very dodgy at times this season and I've still no idea what the fck he was doing for that goal tonight. He's still young and learning but he needs to cut out the mistakes, and rash challenges 

But equally you could argue that JJ failed to do anything to win the initial long ball from the keeper, he doesn't put any pressure on the southampton player.  can't put that goal entirely down to doyle, none of the other defenders react very well to his error.

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Personally thought he was a clear improvement on Doyle when he came on. I'm biased, as I've thought it all along. 

His defensive work and pace are far superior. The overlap is superior. Last 5 mins he was dominant in the triangles of possession to run down the clock. 

Doyle is still a development prospect. JJ is more experienced. It's been clear that Maresca rates him and it's clear JJ has put a lot of work in to be useful in this system. I agree that JJ looked much better and far pacier. But Doyle will improve significantly too.

The problem with JJ is well known. Not long back from another serious injury. It will be a concern if we are in the position that he has to be picked for every game. If JJ can find a way to ramain injury free he will be a beast at PL too.

51 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Can see him staying in now and Doyle struggling to get his place back. 

I get that Doyle has had some sloppy moments but what I think a lot of posters (not just yourself to be fair) are criminally underestimating for Doyle are as follows -

1) Doyle is a left footed CB and for Enzo’s style of football that is a very important factor due to the next reason.

2) Doyle’s passing through the lines whilst has been sloppy has also been pretty impressive, how many of our other CB/FB’s pick out Kasey earlier on in the season.

Is Doyle good enough for Man City? Most likely not but could he be a very good squad player for us? 100%

• Like 1