Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Danny Drinkwater

I am not sure who is agent is now but sad story and I would about DD’s welfare when you read it…..football is a very harsh place and sentiment is rare - sadly we have been relegated and made some quite tough decisions with Stowell and Sadler so I think it highly unlikely he will be given even a training route to fitness……so sad that a young man was so badly advised and he has all the makings of needing a lot of support and I would imagine he will have been equally poorly advised financially…..sad 

2 hours ago, Bptiger said:

He was a greedy **** going to those arse holes , deserved what he got , I doubt he has had time to remove all those wooden splinters from his arse . No thanks 

I don't want him back because he's not the futurebut i find it hard to understand this attitude, would you have felt the same way if Kante had wanted to come back?

Players leave for bigger clubs and more money, we encouraged it mostly, what's new?

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

Could he do his coaching badges (if he hasn’t) with us and coach some of the youth teams - possibly.

Never struck me as a ‘leader’ so not sure he adds much in terms of having some experience in the squad

Yeah let’s not have him giving advice to any of our youth teams thanks.

• Like 2

DD hasn't really played professional football for the last 7 years though he got paid lots of £ millions for not playing so at 33 you'd think he need to go open up a night club in Spain. He probably watched our standard of play last season, supped a few beers and then thought I can do that.

• Haha 3

If we were insane enough to bring him back it would be a disaster and a terrible statement. You can't just waltz back in after faking an injury to get out and then ****ing up your career so badly that you're too ****ing shite to play for Reading. Get to **** Danny and stay away from our club.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

If we were insane enough to bring him back it would be a disaster and a terrible statement. You can't just waltz back in after faking an injury to get out and then ****ing up your career so badly that you're too ****ing shite to play for Reading. Get to **** Danny and stay away from our club.

So, just to be clear, this isn’t something you’d be happy with? 

• Haha 3

I don't blame him for having for one last throw of the dice as a last resort. He must have known or been advised that he might get rinsed by fans by coming out to say this. So is it brave or stupid?

If the club want to help him try get a career back on track, on the very clear understanding that it's not with us, that's fine with me. Whilst we're not a charity, I don't really have any resentment against the lad, we got stupid coin for him at the time. He chased the dollar? Football is a short career, and we all make decisions in life that we regret. If it gives him one last chance to find a club and rebalance his life, then I'm not going to get my knickers in a twist. 

• Like 1

Guest glasgowfox
1 hour ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

No we already have Ward for that. No just no.

He would probably drop less than ward though:scarf:

Never known anyone as cocky and full of himself as Drinkwater. Thought after his spell at Reading a bigger club would come in for him and that Chelsea would thank him after his ‘service’ there.. LOL. If i was him id be on the phone trying to get a move to Salford or Bolton, they would be good moves for him if he still has friends and family in that neck of the woods.

Edited by South Shire Fox

1 hour ago, davieG said:

I don't want him back because he's not the futurebut i find it hard to understand this attitude, would you have felt the same way if Kante had wanted to come back?

Players leave for bigger clubs and more money, we encouraged it mostly, what's new?

Yes would not want kante back either , I don’t care about players leaving to get higher wages or play at a higher level that’s there right , what pisses me of that we win the title and these player jump ship straight away , didn’t give the club a chance to see how they would go in Europe or even the next season, just walked out , that’s what gets me 

• Like 1