Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Danny Drinkwater

17 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Yes would not want kante back either , I don’t care about players leaving to get higher wages or play at a higher level that’s there right , what pisses me of that we win the title and these player jump ship straight away , didn’t give the club a chance to see how they would go in Europe or even the next season, just walked out , that’s what gets me 

Ok fair enough, cant say it makes me happy but we do encourage it and they are just doing a job.

21 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Yes would not want kante back either , I don’t care about players leaving to get higher wages or play at a higher level that’s there right , what pisses me of that we win the title and these player jump ship straight away , didn’t give the club a chance to see how they would go in Europe or even the next season, just walked out , that’s what gets me 

DD left the summer after 

(Really dropped shakey in the dodo )

6 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Don’t know how you wouldn’t welcome Kante back, went on to make 250 Chelsea appearances, won the World Cup, Nations league, runner up at the Euros, multiple titles and the Champions League.

A consummate professional and legend of the game that has made the most of his career.

Drinkwater on the other hand made 28 appearances after his transfer in 4 years before his Reading move, and is known for drink driving, head butting Jota, head butting people on dance floors getting beat up in the period since leaving. 

Played for Reading 2 years ago then waited for the big clubs to call and is still waiting 400 days later, so now thinks he can do a job at his old club as his options are limited by offering his services 🤔

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Don’t know how you wouldn’t welcome Kante back, went on to make 250 Chelsea appearances, won the World Cup, Nations league, runner up at the Euros, multiple titles and the Champions League.

A consummate professional and legend of the game that has made the most of his career.

Drinkwater on the other hand made 28 appearances after his transfer in 4 years before his Reading move, and is known for drink driving, head butting Jota, head butting people on dance floors getting beat up in the period since leaving. 

Played for Reading 2 years ago then waited for the big clubs to call and is still waiting 400 days later, so now thinks he can do a job at his old club as his options are limited by offering his services 🤔

Don't see a problem with him training with us and build up fitness during pre-season. 

Got no beef with Drinkwater.

Even in his prime he was inconsistent at this level though, so no chance he would be a regular for any Championship club.

• Like 1

I can vaguely remember, in DD's heyday with us, Big Nige making a comment about DD being a 'complex personality' or something to that effect. Which I think must have been code for 'he's a good player, but he's a ****.'

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 2

Unfortunately for Danny, he’s living in a time capsule if he thinks he can still do a job for a team planning on an instant Prem return. I think it’s more of a sentimental comment (hopefully) rather than genuine feeling.

Goes without saying that this shouldn’t even be close to being on the clubs radar, and I doubt it will.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ACF said:

I actually want this to happen. Low wages, point to prove, yes he was greedy but who could blame him?

Blokes gone through a lot, self inflicted mind you, but if he’s in the right mindset, I’d be right behind him getting a go.

Bring him in on a short term/pre-season deal, see if he’s serious or not.

He hasn't played for a year though has he? And that was in the championship. He's in his mid 30's too so not like you're taking a punt on somebody who's lost their way but still has their peak years ahead of them. Why would you want this to happen? He was always known to be a bit of a tool and not very likeable. Giving him a chance would just deny another player game time in pre season, somebody who is worth a punt and actually deserves it.

0 ill feelings about Chelsea as he was never going to get that opportunity again but was always unlikely he'd make it there. League 1 would be a great result for him now. 

28 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I can vaguely remember, in DD's heyday with us, Big Nige making a comment about DD being an 'unusual personality' or something to that extent. Which I think must have been code for 'he's a good player, but he's a ****.'

From what I've heard and people I know who have interacted with him, it wouldnt be far off the truth. Probably the least likeable person out of our 2016 first team 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

From what I've heard and people I know who have interacted with him, it wouldnt be far off the truth. Probably the least likeable person out of our 2016 first team 

Says a lot given the team included Danny Simpson 

This reminds me of the main character in Boogie Nights 'Dirk Diggler', when the fame goes to his head, he goes off the rails and thinks he can go it alone, but it all goes wrong and he realises he has no talent apart from having a big dick, except in Danny's case you can swap 'having' with 'being' it becomes relevent.

I think the fact we got a tune out of drink water for as long as we did is a true testament to the kind of characters Nige and Shakey were to a lesser extent Ranieri too. The managers he’s had since don’t strike you as real man managers. Drinky feels like a btec gazza, clearly has a self destructive personality, very talented boy but head never in the right place, definitely needed to be lead. 

5 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

It’s mental nobody has taken a punt on him, which makes me think he’s had offers but felt he’s far too above their station. There’s no way a league one or two club wouldn’t have offered him a punt , makes zero sense 

That's what I was wondering.

According to Wiki, season before last he made 33 appearances on loan for Reading, so he must have got his act together in 21-22. But no appearances at all in 22-23....

Even if it wasn't enough for Reading to offer him a permanent deal, he could surely have got a contract with another club at L1 or even Championship level, if he'd shown a bit of flexibility? :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

That's what I was wondering.

According to Wiki, season before last he made 33 appearances on loan for Reading, so he must have got his act together in 21-22. But no appearances at all in 22-23....

Even if it wasn't enough for Reading to offer him a permanent deal, he could surely have got a contract with another club at L1 or even Championship level, if he'd shown a bit of flexibility? :dunno:

Yeah I know a reading fan and he said the biggest issue with him was fitness, apparently he had a trial at Blackpool this year too. But even with that being a factor, surely someone lower down in the pyramid would just give him a punt. Like I just don’t believe for one minute he didn’t get a solid offer to play first team somewhere. Even a team in Scotland, I just don’t buy the fact he’s been without a club with his hands tied 

• Like 1

Why are so many people claiming he ‘jumped ship’ after the Premier League win? 

Kante jumped ship, Drinkwater played another season. Did Mahrez jump ship? Did Schmeichel jump ship? What’s the cut off point? 

Have people forgot who instrument he was to our success? Not just the Premier League win, but survival, and the promotion beforehand too. 

I’ll genuinely never understand the comments he consistently gets, he gave everything for the club and after winning the Premier League he took the opportunity to (what he believed) was playing Champions League football often. 

He never left on a free, we made great profit from him too, everything single thing he did for Leicester was professional, and he helped the club from the Championship, to Premier League champions and we made (I believe) £29m in the sale too. 

Should be regarded as a club Leicester. 

Would I have him back now? No. I’m not a coach but a year out, with previous fitness issues, doesn’t seem logical. 

Edited by Onions
  • Like 2

I have zero ill feeling towards DD and I am thankful for the big parts be has played in our clubs more recent history. 

I'd like to think we can offer him somewhere to work on his fitness and hopefully he can pick up a an offer from a club somewhere. But that should be the end of it. I have zero desire to see him in a starting 11/subs bench for Leicester in a competitive football match ever again.

We've moved on and things are different now.