Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Stephy Mavididi

15 minutes ago, Brooksy said:

Has any reliable source reported this?

Ya. @Sambiasso called Stephy boys mum and she confirmed her lad was coming to Leicester to be part of the Enzo revolution.

lol joking @Sambiasso  i like everyone else appreciates your transfer news updates. 

In terms of sources seems to be some online reports and twitter footy expert who says "HERE WE GO" Frabrizio Romano

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Can't imagine Palace are looking to let him leave at the moment when they still haven't managed tie Zaha down to a new deal and Olise is out injured for a while

Rak-Sakyi plays on the right anyway so would have no influence on a deal for Mavididi

...the previous poster was suggesting that we look to play Ricardo in the RW role!!!

I am saying that we need players in their proper positions and the RW is earmarked (so far as I am concerned) for Rak-Sakyi.

I know the mention is a couple of pages back but if there's any chance of getting Chukwuemeka, surely we'd jump at the chance. There's something about him and the we way he looks in possession, he just looks like he's going to be an absolute baller one day. I'd have thought there would be no way he'd come down a division. He was one guy who actually looked on it during Chelsea's horrific spell under Lampard.

Stranger things have happened though.

As for Mavididi, I know absolutely nothing about him at all but if Enzo's happy so am I.

8 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

A bit of gash here and there keeps us all going . . . . 

Oi Oi…Have you signed up for Vicky the Vixen’s Fans Only Channel?

• Haha 2

We need at least 3 wingers if we’re playing a system that utilises them, him as an option if not a starter is more than adequate for the championship. The guy has had some very productive seasons in Ligue 1.

21 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Nah he's destined for bigger than us. 

Other name, currently away with his club. Player is keen but unlikely to get him until after the season starts. 

Carney Chukwuemeka was mentioned as an alternative to Casadei, don't think he's too keen on coming back to the championship. 

Archer is currently away with Villa 👀

I'm quite on board with this one to be honest. His record per 90 is pretty good in a mediocre side in a league that's objectively stronger than the Championship. Good dribbler according to the stats. Not a bad age. I fancy him for a good 12 goals this season. Steady signing.

14 hours ago, 80footgiraffe said:

Feels Ghezzal, Diabate more than Mahrez

14 hours ago, Jimbo said:

It most certainly does, but I can't work out if I'm underwhelmed because I'm just not feeling this lad or it's because we've had our fingers burned with the likes of Ghezzal and Diabate

I dunno, I might he being kind to him because I'm coming off the back of constant negativity about us and I'm wanting a break from it but Ghezzal we had Monaco fans pretty much to a man saying he's dreadful and I'm not really seeing that here.

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The Diabate comparisons are moronic in the extreme and bordering on offensive. 

Diabate had played less than 20 games of senior football and scored all of 3 professional goals for a crap team in the French second tier. 

Mavididi plays for a solid mid table Ligue 1 side having been on the books at Arsenal and Juve. 

He's played over a hundred games of French top flight football where he's averaged about a goal every 3 games, a reasonable return for a winger. 

For context, that gives him a better rate of return than someone like Jarrod Bowen in the Premier League. It's twice as productive as Allan St Max was during his time in Ligue 1 over a similar number of games. 

Just because he's not a household name in England where not many of Montpellier games are televised, it doesn't mean he's some shit unheard of scrub. 

It would be quite a coup to land him as a Championship side. Not really sure people have quite got their head around that yet. His stats aren't miles off Barnes and I don't think people fully appreciate just how good Harvey's goal scoring is. 

My concerns are he injured his knee and hasn't been the same since. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

My concerns are he injured his knee and hasn't been the same since. 

Doesn't concern me that much if I'm honest. Barnes had a pretty bad knee injury, wasn't exactly brilliant when he first came back, took his time to recover but then contributed with pretty good numbers last year. 

Unless Mavididi had long term, permanent damage then he'll recover with the right management and time to build his confidence back psychologically. 

Sure there's some risk. There's risk in literally every transfer. 

My point is just, I don't think people fully appreciate the caliber of player we're talking about here. This is us going and getting - as a Championship club - a really solid and consistent goal scoring attacker from one of Europe's top five leagues. This would be very impressive. 

A goal every 270 minutes in top flight football as a winger is a very strong performer. 

• Like 2

Oh and as for the Rachid Ghezzal comparisons, these were his numbers in some of Europe's top competitions. 

Screenshot_20230721_123752_Chrome.jpg

Seriously. People need to stop treating Mavididi like he's one of these. He'd be a big capture for us. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

Just feels to me like our transfer strategy hasn't changed since relegation, we're still looking to bring in players with european experience even though we're long past that at the moment. Coady, Winks, Hermansen, Mavididi they all match playing in Europe in recent seasons. This was part of our downfall, it started with Perez and Praet and we've not really drifted from that type of player since.

• Haha 1