Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Stephy Mavididi

Just now, westernpark said:

Iheanacho? Lookman? 

Iheanacho has only performed behind closed doors or in the FA Cup. Lookman was decent but we were desperate for a right winger and signed someone like Barnes who was only comfortable on the left.

4 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Iheanacho has only performed behind closed doors or in the FA Cup. Lookman was decent but we were desperate for a right winger and signed someone like Barnes who was only comfortable on the left.

He hasn’t only performed behind closed doors. However, I agree that generally recruitment has been poor in any of those positions.

I reckon he would be decent for us in the Championship

One of those players that would probably become a back up in the Prem if we got promoted though

Not everyone we sign this summer is going to then also be a starter in the Prem if we go straight back up

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Signing wingers isn’t hit or miss, it is just they need to be scouted well and ensure they fit in with what we need. No different to any other player 

It is though.  Mahrez was an unlikely hit.  Lightweight bloke running around in  the Championship.   Albrighton- Villa reject- champion at Leicester,  pilloried at WBA.  Sancho- ripping up Bundesliga- surplus to requirements as Harry Maguire's squadmate.  Ghazal and Diabate could have been the next thing- they weren't.   Ibe- big money sale from Liverpool- couldn't cut it at the Vitality.  Perez- not really a winger.  It's a bit hit or miss,

29 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

I like the look of him, reminds me abit of Lookman. Pace and willing to take players on which is something we lack massively

...he has a push-and-run style of play, he needs to have space to do that and tight ball control!!!

Out of him Rak-Sakyi, Archer and Borges, we seemed to have picked the one that appears to be less likely to succeed. We do have this habit of not being able to pick a winger, heaven knows we have had a few tries.

I just hope he can lift this club up and get us off our seats.

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I reckon he would be decent for us in the Championship

One of those players that would probably become a back up in the Prem if we got promoted though

Not everyone we sign this summer is going to then also be a starter in the Prem if we go straight back up

Yes.  Wide forwards have a premium.   His stats pre-injury are good.

Promising wingers are signed at high prices and some come to prominence.   Some don't.   Often at West Ham.

27 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I feel Ricardo can get back to himself and can fill in at right wing, always felt if he stayed fit he is more than capable playing in a more attacking role 

...I would rather stay away from a make-do and mend attitude to the game!!!

Get Rak-Sakyi in, always looking to take on his man, a real livewire.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I would rather stay away from a make-do and mend attitude to the game!!!

Get Rak-Sakyi in, always looking to take on his man, a real livewire.

Can't imagine Palace are looking to let him leave at the moment when they still haven't managed tie Zaha down to a new deal and Olise is out injured for a while

Rak-Sakyi plays on the right anyway so would have no influence on a deal for Mavididi

• Like 1

I think he will be decent.

He's very different to any kind of winger we've had lately, he will be very temperamental and frustrating at times with his end product.  He'll also have matches where he absolutely hammers his full back and looks incredible.  Think there's far more available from him with a good coach in his ear.

Get him in.

Edited by LVFox

20 minutes ago, westernpark said:

He hasn’t only performed behind closed doors. However, I agree that generally recruitment has been poor in any of those positions.

...it really is as if a genie granted us some wishes and we got all we wanted, but the price we had to pay was the collective inability of our scouts to identify a good player when they came along!!!

How much longer does this curse need to last until we look at the league win, F.A. cup, charity shield, EFL Championship and League One title, as something we would give up to make us good again?

We could not pick out a good winger even if it was down to two, we would pick the one with the ailment, made famous by Kasabian.

• Sad 1