Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Soumare to Napoli?

15 minutes ago, Rigga said:

The Soumare lovers are back I see 

A player that lacks awareness and chooses to track runners as an afterthought in his whole 2years with us..

yet ppl still say there’s a player in there…

doesn’t assist, doesn’t score…isn’t actually that strong in the ball either..

I wasn’t saying he was good. In fact; he was quite poor. A midfield that was as slow as we had with Tielemans and Soumare was always going to struggle. 

It’s just ….. Kisnorbo as a midfield was horrendously worse. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

You can’t even say he was the worst in our relegation side let alone our history. Ward, Castagne, Faes, Ndidi all worse for a start.

Harsh on Faes. Amartey, Ward and Ndidi were horrific for most of the season though. 

Sure, there's some hyperbole in calling him our worst ever. But when the comparisons used to prove that he isn't are the likes of Junior Lewis, Roman Bednar and Josh Low, he must still be pretty shit. lol

Personally, I was desperate enough for anything to cling to that I hoped and believed there was still a player in there after that one good performance against Wolves. But he stunk up the pitch in pretty much every other game he ever played for us. Now he's not good enough to get in a second-tier side, and I really have to clutch at straws to pick someone genuinely worse for us last season - Amartey, Thomas and Tete the only real candidates, and Enzo has flushed them all out, deservingly so.

Bye bye Bouba, go and take your languid half-arsed midfield play back to the continent where you can get away with it. :surrender:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

If you want to look at players worse then Soumare there are loads. Winston White,  Lammie Robertson, Josh Low,  Junior Lewis, Martin Russell,  George Armstrong, So passed it we would of been better playing George Armstrong Custer to name a few. There are loads 

Roger Davies being another who I think at the time was a record transfer fee for us. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Junior Lewis, Josh Low, Roman Bednar et al didn't cost £20m and get paid £80k a week.

As often is the case, people are confusing 'worst' and 'most disappointing'. 

Is Soumare our worst transfer? No, we've had far worse players and he's played very well for us in a few matches.

BUT has he lived up to the billing of being one of the best young central midfielders in Europe? Not at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dames said:

Besides literally one or two good runs what ability has he shown?

He was the worst player in a side that got relegated. Would you say Junior Lewis being one of our worst players was hyperbole? 

You’re either 12 or only been a Leicester fan for 5 years

3 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

People mentioning junior Lewis as a worst player should remember that he was outstanding on his debut, complete shite after that but Soumare has never put a performance in any way near to as good as Lewis’ debut.

Was a cracking debut 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Dames said:

Yet he can’t get ahead of Ndidi in the Championship… 

Can't get in the team ahead of Ndidi or has more sale value than Ndidi due to contract length so is being left out to avoid scuppering a deal with injury?

Edited by The Doctor