Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Mads Hermansen

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Great debut, Championship version of Ederson.

Defending corners is a team job, we have had trouble for 2 years Mads isn't going to solve it on his own.

I do get your point, it is part of the team to defend corner.

I really struggle to see why we can not put players on both posts when we have been so poor at defending corners. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Think we've actually manage to sign a goalkeeper worse at commanding his box at set pieces. Looked utterly lost for several corners.

Hamers corners we're pure filth though. Proper delivery 🍆

15 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Christ. His first game and you're already at him. In all honestly the defenders should deal with it. He just clears everything up 

Hate it when people do this.  Alternative opinions/first impressions are allowed on a forum.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

Can’t agree as he was at fault for their goal? His shot stopping afterwards was incredible though. Not sure commanding box is something you can teach or instinct? 

he will be a really good keeper for us overall though 

Really? Wilf missed his header. Mads had no chance - he made 2 absolutely crucial saves at crucial times in the game. Ward in goal and we definitely lose MOM with Malididi as they both changed the game. KDH as well of course. 2 beautifully taken goals

• Like 4

He's a Goalkeeper. He's bound to make a few blunders throughout the season.

I'm still not sure about the positions he takes however, he is working the system Enzo wants

Today a competent performance and that tip on to bar  was a Goal saver to be fair. 

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Hate it when people do this.  Alternative opinions/first impressions are allowed on a forum.

First impressions and varying opinions but OTT reactions deservedly should be questioned.

I think Mads’ ceiling is a lot higher than any of our other keepers, as others stated even with a larger Iversen we’ve looked very weak on corners….Kasper wasn’t great but looked less exposed when had Morgan/Huth etc in front of him.

55 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

First impressions and varying opinions but OTT reactions deservedly should be questioned.

I think Mads’ ceiling is a lot higher than any of our other keepers, as others stated even with a larger Iversen we’ve looked very weak on corners….Kasper wasn’t great but looked less exposed when had Morgan/Huth etc in front of him.

I thought that it was a perfectly reasonable opinion.  I should have probably just walked by andt tutted to myself but I do hate this kind of self-righteous censorship.  

Personally, I have yet to see him play so I have no opinion but I'm pleased to hear that he played well and I agree that he likely has a lot of potential.

Mixed bag but he’s a young lad in a new country and league so promising signs once he settles in.

Shot stopping was good but I’m not sure there were any saves that you wouldn’t expect a competent keeper (ahem Ward) to make. 

Distribution ok but did boot the ball out a couple of times Kasper style. And on other occasions looped it out and put pressure on the full back to win it. Sweeping was very good though. 

Commanding of the box was very mixed, also like Kasper. I thought he was poor for the goal (not just him). It never looks great when a keeper dives after the ball is in the back of the net. Then got an easy catch from a corner soon after and looked a bit more confident and won one with a good punch. First half he looked dodgy as f*** from their set pieces.

To be fair he seemed a lot like Kasper in many ways so that’s a positive and a compliment!

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Worries me a bit at set pieces but aside from that a good start.

Better than Ward and Iversen, granted that's not hard.

I agree but I also thought Hamer’s delivery was first class today. Don’t think too many in this division will put as good a ball in as him