Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Mads Hermansen

57 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I thought he was one of our best players, and that it was one hell of a debut. The save from Haji Wright won us the game as much as KDH's goals. His distribution was great, and my only criticism was that I think he should have gone shorter a bit more often as some of Coventry's best chances came from goal kicks played long that Coventry won! I think he's player that will really benefit from a season in this league, as the physical nature of it will force him to improve some of his weaknesses.

If he cost 6M, he looks like great business at that price. He transforms the way the team plays.

Decent season and that going to look cheap.

Not seen many Keepers that comfortable with the ball. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Decent season and that going to look cheap.

Not seen many Keepers that comfortable with the ball. 

I saw the benefit a few times yesterday, he essentially came out and made the defence a back 4 when we were being pressed. I know it's going to backfire horribly a few times this season so won't be wound up by it when it does. Having a keeper that can play and using it right genuinely allows you to make it 12 v 11 when in possession. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I saw the benefit a few times yesterday, he essentially came out and made the defence a back 4 when we were being pressed. I know it's going to backfire horribly a few times this season so won't be wound up by it when it does. Having a keeper that can play and using it right genuinely allows you to make it 12 v 11 when in possession. 

Reminds me of how Hamburg play in the 2. Bundesliga

Their goalkeeper Daniel Heuer-Fernandes is literally a third centre-back in possession, plays ridiculously high

FQcAMkHWYAEzPvO?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3

I was really impressed with him yesterday. His distribution and ability to play out is vital to the way Enzo wants us to play. 2 really good saves as well and the game would have been lost had either gone in. He will make mistakes, it's the way it is with the modern sweeper keeper, even Ederson and more often Alison mess up and they are rated as the 2 best in the world. Some going in on him over the corners but I think this will improve when Coady is back. We all know Vester is 6'7 but jumps at 5'2. 

Looks a far better shot stopper than I thought he would be. Everyone is talking about the save he tipped onto the bar from Wright, but Godden couldn't score no matter where he put the one on one based on the replay angles, Hermansen's body covered the whole goal. The one he caught from about 6 yards was impressive reflexes too, many a keeper would've fumbled it or gone down too early and gambled.

I think Iversen has been treated harshly by us, but that performance was very impressive and his agility was excellent, he's the quickest I've seen a keeper move across his goal since Kasper of 3-4 years ago. Nothing he could do about the corner, whoever the man at the front post was supposed to be needed to win that, and I'm quite sure that was supposed to be Ndidi. 

On 06/08/2023 at 20:02, eblair said:

Just watched highlights here, he makes 3 very good saves 

The one in first half he tips over (didnt realise at the time), the one-on-one, and the one on to bar

Cannot ask for more than that imo

Of course you can ask for more...like dont flap at corners, if you decide to come...come and make sure you win the ball.

I think it was a good show for the first game, which is always tough 

• Haha 1

It's such an important position in any team to have a Keeper who inspires confidence in his teammates.

While I feel sorry for Iversen, It's easy to see why Hermansen suit's Enzo's style better.

A great Debut, Long may it continue.

Edited by Clever Fox
correction

7 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Iversen was not even on the bench.

He's probably the only GK we can move on and get a decent fee for. Leaving him out was a way to get his agent looking around for takers. It's one of those we either totally trust the system Maresca wants us to play in or not. It seems like we are all in which means there will be some harsh casualties but we have started now so might as well fully back it.