Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Mads Hermansen

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He did, he also had a high number of passing the ball straight out of play.

Mads hit 16 long balls 5 with accuracy. 

Against Newcastle Iversen hit 34 long balls 9 were accurate.

Given Mads is meant to me better with distribution, you would expect a bit of a gulf in stats as the season progresses?

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He did, he also had a high number of passing the ball straight out of play.

To be fair, I was not impressed with Hermansen’s long range kicks out to the wings today. I am presuming he will improve as he settles in though. The only thing I think today that he added that Iverson wouldn’t have was the sweeping up which was of course very important so does justify his pick. 

7 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Mads hit 16 long balls 5 with accuracy. 

Against Newcastle Iversen hit 34 long balls 9 were accurate.

Given Mads is meant to me better with distribution, you would expect a bit of a gulf in stats as the season progresses?

Thanks for these numbers 👍. This is what I thought from my observations but then everyone was raving about his kicking and I’m wondering if they were watching a different game!

• Like 1

Just now, FoxTimmy2 said:

Better than Ward.

Agreed

Do we think Stolarczyk on bench is indicative that Iversen/Ward are off or purely that Maresca favours him ?

Also- it’s good to be back. Whoever just keeps reporting my perfectly reasonable posts to get me banned, please get a life. 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Mads 5% is better on long balls already after being with the team about two weeks.

But it's not really about long distribution, it's about being about to play out of the press and receive the ball under pressure.

Lets face it hes 10 times comfortabler with the ball at his feet than ward Iversen and anyone with eyes can see that

• Like 2

When the phrase ‘distribution’ is used, I think it’s referring to having the capability to play out effectively from the back, into the defence or midfield and break the first line of a press.

Long balls are obviously an aspect of distribution but I don’t believe that’s the type of play he was brought in to improve.

@coolhandfox I posted this before reading your comment. 

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Any questions about his shot stopping ability can be put to bed already. Tremendous debut for me. Incredible reading of the game at one stage when they were about to go clean through as well.

I found it weird that the punditry team mentioned corners being a weakness. I don't care who's in goal, if someone whips a corner at speed  that goes over your head, there's not much you can do about it at all. The fact Hamer could do it with such consistency was incredible.

I watched the game again when i got back. The punditry was crap, and that Keith Andrews guy in the studio with Beckford, clearly has a beef with City somewhere down the line.

I felt he was a bit dismissive of Enzo before the game, and then praised Cov too the hilt,at half time and after the game, and just seemed to pick fault with us.

Always interesting watching the game on tv after being at the game, because its amazing how you sometimes see things differently to when youre caught up in the emotion of being there.

I actually thought we were better after watching again on tv than i did walking away from the game after it finished.

• Like 1

In his defence on the corners, the balls Hamer was putting in were up there with anything I can recall us ever facing. Managed to get so much whip and pace on them I can see why they’d leave any keeper second guessing himself.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, brookfox said:

In his defence on the corners, the balls Hamer was putting in were up there with anything I can recall us ever facing. Managed to get so much whip and pace on them I can see why they’d leave any keeper second guessing himself.

Exactly, he caught and punched a couple. The defence should’ve dealt with the goal, but it was a good corner and header, nothing Mads could do about it. The one that went over him also flew over/wide, chances are he gets something on it if it’s on target.

The quality of their set pieces was miles better than ours. 

33 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

****ing love him. He is definitely scoring a last minute volley from a corner this season…. 

From his own half. With his weak foot. To get us promoted. While flirting with a cougar in the family stand.

Kids an absolute baller!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, smudger63 said:

I watched the game again when i got back. The punditry was crap, and that Keith Andrews guy in the studio with Beckford, clearly has a beef with City somewhere down the line.

I felt he was a bit dismissive of Enzo before the game, and then praised Cov too the hilt,at half time and after the game, and just seemed to pick fault with us.

Always interesting watching the game on tv after being at the game, because its amazing how you sometimes see things differently to when youre caught up in the emotion of being there.

I actually thought we were better after watching again on tv than i did walking away from the game after it finished.

He said something along the lines of the players Enzo has got will be good because they’ve been coached by Brendan 😂