Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Harry Winks

Criticism in the KDH thread but nothing in here when Winks was poor yet again.

Fed up of it now. For a player who's job, I presume, is to win the ball and pass it, he doesn't half give the ball away a lot.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

Just now, ronnup said:

No competition for his place 

For me, N'didi needs playing where Winks is and then we can play an actual attack minded midfielder where N'didi is now. Not that we have that but perhaps the best we can offer is Praet, if the manager doesn't want to play two strikers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Fed up of it now. For a player who's job, I presume, is to win the ball and pass it, he doesn't half give the ball away a lot.

doesnt step up when needed. mind you in this dreadful system he doesn't seem to have a defined role

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I blame him and Ricardo as much as the useless defenders.  They are the ones stinking everything out and slowing it down.  Winks and Ricardo being Faes into play in the areas where KDH, Fatawu or Mavadidi. 

He follows the tactics to a tee, always telling everyone to slow it down, slows down most counter attacks to wait for the opposition to come so him and Ricardo can piss around, over play and eventually passing back to the cbs to lose. 

Doyle got hooked for being progressive and bypassing Vestagards blast into a crowded midfield. 

Edited by Richmondfox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Basildon Fox said:

Worryingly poor again today. Doesn't dictate any kind of tempo anymore. Just a passenger ATM.

Thought he was the best player in the division first half of the season but like a number of others, his form has dropped off a cliff.

I questioned his performances a couple of weeks ago and was met with “Winks isn’t our problem”.

He hasn’t been offering an outlet for us to keep the ball, he is physically weak and often gets run past too easily when we’re up against it.

I’m not anti Winks at all but if we do get promoted, we would definitely need someone next to him….NOT THE INVERTED FB either.

• Like 1

Another player out of form. Gives the ball away frequently now on games. Previously he would give the ball away about once every four games.

Great work ethic and energy off the ball today though

Alarming how safe on the ball he is atm. Virtually every pass sideways or backwards. Also not great to read first thing he does after games is check his pass completion. 

Still think as a screen he’s doing a good job and he’s very honest player. Just need him to back himself a lot more. No coincidence him being crap has meant we look crap

Something feels different, I remember him being very involved in the first half of season, now he seems to not be part of a lot of the play.  I dont know if thats a good or bad thing, were we over relying on him, or is he now less effective for us, dont know.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Basildon Fox said:

Worryingly poor again today. Doesn't dictate any kind of tempo anymore. Just a passenger ATM.

Thought he was the best player in the division first half of the season but like a number of others, his form has dropped off a cliff.

IMO that's one of the reasons we fell off a cliff so badly. In every game there's a pattern, if you bypass Winks and either Ricardo / Hamza, you're in immediately. On the transition we were so vulnerable over and over again today.

I am a bit suprised he's gone so far off the boil. Anyone can have a bad game, but he's been bad since Leeds away, which even though we lost wasn't down to him.

IMO it's a position we need additional cover and rotation in, which is why I think we tried to sign Sensi in January.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

IMO that's one of the reasons we fell off a cliff so badly. In every game there's a pattern, if you bypass Winks and either Ricardo / Hamza, you're in immediately. On the transition we were so vulnerable over and over again today.

I am a bit suprised he's gone so far off the boil. Anyone can have a bad game, but he's been bad since Leeds away, which even though we lost wasn't down to him.

IMO it's a position we need additional cover and rotation in, which is why I think we tried to sign Sensi in January.

Yeah one of the things he seems to have stopped doing is professional fouls, deffo remember him doing that often earlier in the season to prevent break away attacks.  Or maybe he is and I am just not noticing, I just remember noticing him far more often in games.

Edited by Chrysalis