Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Harry Winks

Love the chap 

Think we will see quite a few mistakes from him this season due to him being the main out ball for us, granted he's going to slip up a few times 

He just looks so calm and composed, recycles well, can drive forward when needed with the ball 

And the bit of defending when he was the last man in the first half, won the ball with a decent first touch then drew the foul in a dangerous area...👏

• Like 1

Pleasantly surprised. I was initially a bit underwhelmed but admit this was because I wasn’t sure of his mentality coming from Spurs. And not familiar enough with him to know what he would bring to the table.

But very assured, kept the team moving and linked up play well.

A midfield 3 of him, KDH and Casadei will be lovely!

On first showing too good for this level. If he can keep it up for a full season we have a jewel.

The composure, spatial awareness, accuracy of passing and burst of pace were also supplemented by frequent gestures of encouragement to his teammates, the like of which we rarely saw from anyone last season.

• Like 2

Today's showing only reinforced the thought in my head that we've signed a great player considering the league we're in. I'm still surprised the move from Tottenham went as easy as it did considering it meant dropping down a tier, maybe Maddison moving the other way sweetened relations between us and Spurs.

But I'm not complaining. More of the same for the rest of the season please, Harry. 🙏 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blueharmie said:

Honestly an upgraded teliemans.

In this tactical set up, true. What a joy in the first half to see him bust a gut to get back & stop an attack on his own - not in Tielemans’ skill set.

I thought he was excellent today, tired tho he was at the end. Hugely promising debut!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hammo said:

On first showing too good for this level. If he can keep it up for a full season we have a jewel.

The composure, spatial awareness, accuracy of passing and burst of pace were also supplemented by frequent gestures of encouragement to his teammates, the like of which we rarely saw from anyone last season.

Spot on, fantastic attitude!

Just looks a cut above at this level. So composed in possession and seems to read the game 5 seconds ahead of everyone else. Early days, but looks a snip at £10m.

All we need now is a creative midfielder to sit alongside him. 

After the initial disappointment at his signing I did watch a few videos and noticed 2 things in them. He loves a good tackle and he loves a nice early ball into space, he seems tailormade for this system having now seen it in action.

Hopefully we see the same standard week in week out. I thought all 4 debutants looked tidy today to be fair.

• Like 1

Did pretty well today and looked like he cared which is decent.

I actually think he will get a lot better as he sharpens up more as well - One thing you do notice is that if he gets caught he rarely comes out on top due to his lack of physicality. That was one of the main issues Spurs fans had with him I think.

As he sharpens up though that will be irrelevant  as the ball will be gone before the opponent can bully him.