Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Callum Doyle

2 hours ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

He signed for us and trains at Seagrave.

He was the second Defender to sign for us and within just over a month of the first defender getting a serious injury, he has picked up a serious injury.  It's that bad we are now signing known    injured players to counter them then getting injured at Seagrave.  Better to already be injured than think they will play for us.

Two defenders signed, both out injured.

Also, how do you know he didn't pick up an issue from training at Seagrave which then developed into an injury during the game?

My point stands.

It doesn't. It's a terrible point.

And to answer your question, I know this because Maresca's exact words 15 mins after the final whistle were "he got a contact early on and could not continue".

Say a Blackburn player kicks Winks tomorrow and snaps his leg are you gonna say Winks leg was already weak from training at Seagrave?

3 hours ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

He signed for us and trains at Seagrave.

He was the second Defender to sign for us and within just over a month of the first defender getting a serious injury, he has picked up a serious injury.  It's that bad we are now signing known    injured players to counter them then getting injured at Seagrave.  Better to already be injured than think they will play for us.

Two defenders signed, both out injured.

Also, how do you know he didn't pick up an issue from training at Seagrave which then developed into an injury during the game?

My point stands.

You really don't have a point !! 

Just a whole pile of conjecture !!

Guest Sideshow Faes
1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

Not allowed to mention Seagrave, its fancy and in the countryside so people give it a pass.

Or just it's entirely irrelevant to a contact injury within a match 🤷

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

I know we've been told it's 10 to 12 weeks injury, but is anyone aware of what the actual injury is or if it required surgery. Sorry if this has been published earlier.

Yeah. It turns out he's suffering from an acute case of Seagravitis. I think it's usually about a 3 year recovery period. 

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Look up a few posts 

we don’t know what the actual injury is 

Yes, I did that, but that was over 2 weeks ago - it seems the club keep injuries issues very much private this year. I suppose we have no right to be informed, but it all seems a bit secretive this year - Coady, Cannon, Praet, Doyle all have had long term issues that haven't been totally disclosed. Even McAteer, which we could all guess as a hamstring injury, hasn't been elaborated upon.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

it'll be harsh on JJ but we have missed the balance Doyle brings on the left, we could always play both and drop Faes and have Ricardo start from the left leaving us with a back 3 of JJ Vesty Doyle but I don't see that happening

That back three wouldn't be physical enough imo, JJ is terrible in the air and Doyle isn't the most imposing. Faes has been near peerless anyway 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stadt said:

That back three wouldn't be physical enough imo, JJ is terrible in the air and Doyle isn't the most imposing. Faes has been near peerless anyway 

Oh I agree, I don't expect it to happen but just saying it was an option

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

it'll be harsh on JJ but we have missed the balance Doyle brings on the left, we could always play both and drop Faes and have Ricardo start from the left leaving us with a back 3 of JJ Vesty Doyle but I don't see that happening

4 hours ago, Stadt said:

At least it make it easier for JJ to get 101 back passes a game in without having to turnaround…:ph34r:

5 hours ago, Jimmy said:

i’m trying to work out if there were more complaints about JJ or Doyle 🤔

They both have strengths that the other doesn’t possess. I do think the team has felt more solid at the back with justin than it did with doyle… but we also feel less creative. 

There were some glaring holes when doyle was in the side. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

i’m trying to work out if there were more complaints about JJ or Doyle 🤔

They both have strengths that the other doesn’t possess. I do think the team has felt more solid at the back with justin than it did with doyle… but we also feel less creative. 

There were some glaring holes when doyle was in the side. 

It’s also more training under Enzo learning the system making us more secure in part

Thought he looked a little suspect defensively at times early on in the season but he gives us a fantastic option creatively. In that sense he could also allow us to give Vestergaard a rest and therefore Coady a go in the middle of the three.

Squad depth is going to be crucial coming up so the sooner the sidelined players are back the better.

A few on here playing Doyle as a huge upgrade on Justin. JJ has been really good in recent weeks and is adapting brilliantly to his role.

However, Doyle will definitely come in handy during the 2nd half of the season. Luckily I don't see a need to rush him back in.