Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Callum Doyle

You could see he wasn’t moving greatly early in yesterday’s game.

Physio’s came onto the touchline about 5 minutes in spoke to him and he wanted to play on. 

7 hours ago, bald reynard said:

Doyle has picked up a 'baddish' knee injury, needing scans to determine how long he'll be out. A blessing in disguise, he's been the worst performer, playing regularly, this season - a call for Justin is long overdue (he's already shown he's back to full fitness).

How old were you when you started smoking crack, mate? 

• Haha 2

Ricardo goes left and tucks into midfield from there.

Faes stays on the right of the back three. And the other two positions are any two out of Justin, Vestergaard, Coady, Souttar and Nelson.

Not ideal to have Vestergaard, Coady or Souttar on the left of a back three but I guess needs must?

Unless Faes can play the LCB role if one of the above would be more suited to the RCB role?

Really not ideal. It will affect the fluency of our build up more than a lot of people along for Justin would like to admit. Doyle has had some difficult moments but there was a lot to get used to for him to be fair. Let's see how Justin does now, think he should be a bit better defensively if less involved in ball progression. Hopefully he still gets rested every now and then as well, Souttar could potentially come in for him.

Maybe to protect Ricardo and Justin we will need to rotate them both which would mean us potentially starting Hamza at right back every game. Can Ricardo be as influential playing from the left than the right? Could Hamza play left back? Hopefully Enzo has the answers. I don't think we need to panic just yet, but given our recent history with injuries, I'd start to worry if any other key players were to pick up injuries, especially the full backs or Winks

Edited by jayfox26

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

Maybe to protect Ricardo and Justin we will need to rotate them both which would mean us potentially starting Hamza at right back every game. Can Ricardo be as influential playing from the left than the right? Could Hamza play left back? Hopefully Enzo has the answers. I don't think we need to panic just yet, but given our recent history with injuries, I'd start to worry if any other key players were to pick up injuries, especially the full backs or Winks

Hamza played inverted left back v Burton.  JJ was on the right.

• Like 2

Faes has played left sided CB a lot. Infact was hardly ever right side as Souttar and Amartey occupied the right side last season. Vestergaard from memory has played the left side of 3 for Denmark but in a more authordox 3-5-2. Wouldn't want to see it in our system though. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, iancognito said:

It was a contact injury during the game.

He signed for us and trains at Seagrave.

He was the second Defender to sign for us and within just over a month of the first defender getting a serious injury, he has picked up a serious injury.  It's that bad we are now signing known    injured players to counter them then getting injured at Seagrave.  Better to already be injured than think they will play for us.

Two defenders signed, both out injured.

Also, how do you know he didn't pick up an issue from training at Seagrave which then developed into an injury during the game?

My point stands.

Guest Sideshow Faes
56 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

He was the second Defender to sign for us and within just over a month of the first defender getting a serious injury, he has picked up a serious injury.  It's that bad we are now signing known    injured players to counter them then getting injured at Seagrave.  Better to already be injured than think they will play for us.

Also, how do you know he didn't pick up an issue from training at Seagrave which then developed into an injury during the game?

My point stands.

No it doesn't, this is clutching at straws of the highest order

53 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

My point stands.

I mean, there has to actually be some reason for you to believe that a contact injury incurred in a match was provoked by something which happened on the training ground - and there's literally no reason at all to think that - otherwise I'm not sure how your point could stand.

And in response to another post, yes, if you go back you'll see that many were very worried about our injuries before we moved to Seagrave, and felt sure that the move would put the problem to bed.

Under Rodgers, we had genuine reasons to believe that something had occurred between the previous eras, when injuries weren't much of an issue, and his. But I don't see how Seagrave comes into this, other than that it didn't provide a solution to the problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

My point stands.

Have you been drinking. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

My point stands.

Give it up. It really doesn’t!