Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Callum Doyle

5 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Vestergaard did his job and pushed his man away from being able to make that header. Doyle was at fault for letting his man get ahead of him to win the header. 

Exactly it unfortunately seems some still have an agenda 

1 minute ago, dayday said:

I’ve just watched it again, Vestergaard doesn’t even jump, if he jumps they don’t score 

Oh man you’re so wrong. If he jumps it makes no difference as it’s not his man. If he jumps then the ball still sails over his head. 

27 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Of course he would, the goal is on Doyle, not Vesty 

They’re both to blame, Vesty for not jumping and Doyle for letting his man get goal side of him 

I still think if Vesty jumps they don’t score or at least prevents a goal 

On 19/08/2023 at 18:18, Leicester_Loyal said:

I don't think he's been that great personally. Been good for someone so young though and will obviously improve as time goes on.

Reckon we'll see a much improved player come April than the one he is now.

Still stand by this, been ok but absolutely nothing special.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 2

Just now, ren said:

Very solid defensively, but going forward he needs to learn to just lay it off to our attacking players instead of attempting speculative shots (especially in the dying minutes of a game).

He got turned inside out several times, including when they scored, okay a deflection but he allowed the shot.  

I'd argue he looks much more comfortable as a baller than he does a defender on today's showing.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

Doesn’t look comfortable in a one-on-one against someone with speed. 

Didn’t notice how slow he was until today. 

I noticed this since the opening game. He'll do a half arsed heel tackle and try and give away a cheap foul

Was poor today but they did a number on us and he got massively exposed by the system. 

My main concern today was his decision making. He kept letting the attacker turn inside which threw him off balance especially when they then turned back outside. He'd have been far better off restricting the angles and forcing the attacker to go down the outside from the start. He might have got done for pace but the forward would have had to operate in a tighter space and cutting in from the edge of the box to get in a more central position usually buys the defender a split second to slide in and cover the ground. 

He's young so has plenty of time to learn. I also hope Maresca takes note of the tactics faced today as I can see many other teams setting up similarly having seen us lose today.