Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cesare Casadei

10 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Better today.  Good work.  Got stuck in.  But not half as creative goung forward as Wilf is at the minute (how did THAT happen).

Enzo making occasional use of an eager and willing young player.

No problem with that.

I think a lot of that might be down to how Stoke were set up in the first half, then changed their system entirely about the time Wilf came on

• Like 3

Million per cent better today. Made run after run in and beyond just to keep their defenders second guessing but don’t think he was played in at all. Also did the Wilf element on winning headers from goal kicks pretty successfully by showing some aggression I wasn’t sure he possessed.

At the minute just a back up for Wilf but as others have stated he is only a young lad so plenty more to come. 
Don’t think he will ever be the next Fat Frank but you can see why Chelsea thought he was worth a shot

• Like 4

I dunno. Today I feel he should have thrived. The wingers were struggling to get any penetration so ideally he would have been breaking into the box for the inside passes, but he was too far back to make that happen or just not around the play. Now you can apply that to any of our midfielders but I thought that was supposed to be his strength so I'd expect it to be instinctive. I did like that recovery he made in the second half when they were on a good break, totally killed a potentially dangerous situation, so plusses there.

Thought he was a 6.5/10 yesterday. Didn’t really do anything outstanding but on the other hand made far fewer errors than in previous games. He’s definitely got something about him so expecting him to go on and have a good career (maybe in Serie A where it’s a bit slower) but at this stage of his career he’s not looking like the goal scoring beast we probably hoped for. Bizarrely that role has gone to Ndidi!

• 3 weeks later...

Seems a bit languid at times but at others, he's willing to drive on. But doesn't seem too aware of what's around him, be it our own players or theirs. 

I do keep reminding myself that he is only 20, and he must be highly rated for a reason... 

Just now, StanSP said:

Seems a bit languid at times but at others, he's willing to drive on. But doesn't seem too aware of what's around him, be it our own players or theirs. 

I do keep reminding myself that he is only 20, and he must be highly rated for a reason... 

I expected more from him because of that reputation, and seems others did too. He has the right ideas, but at times he is slow to react and yes his awareness os lacking 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Perfect example of this is when he was in the way of Vestergaard passing forward and it bounced off him for a throw. Vester went mad at him and rightly so as he should never have been stood there as there is now way Vester would give him the ball in that position with 2 men on his back. 

Just now, jayfox26 said:

Perfect example of this is when he was in the way of Vestergaard passing forward and it bounced off him for a throw. Vester went mad at him and rightly so as he should never have been stood there as there is now way Vester would give him the ball in that position with 2 men on his back. 

Vestergaard absolutely belted it at him though to be fair lol

• Like 2

Just now, Aus Fox said:

I thought he was growing into the game the longer the half went on, started slowly, but looked to get more involved and was involved in a couple of chance we created towards the end.

That was his best spell for sure, been decent in my view and no need to get on his back 

• Like 4