Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cesare Casadei

I was really excited when Casadei signed but so far he has been really underwhelming. 

I said in the match thread that he doesn't seem capable of playing two touch football. He is always looking for a third/fourth touch. 

4 hours ago, Royston. said:

Granted I haven't seen much of him and didn't watch tonight but from the little I've seen he's a bit of a donkey.

Surely can't be that bad as everyone was raving about him at some point!

Classic FT, raving about a player they've never seen (and his signing triggered a ton of disrespectful abuse  for Wilf)

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

No sweat here from me. Kinda of forgetting his level of experience. He’s very rarely played such opposition in competitive competition. 

Exactly. Like any young man of his age, a work in progress. 20yrs old, one minute youth football, the next Men's Championship and Liverpool in the Cup. Steady on folk, just finding his feet. A bit like Harry Kane, FT thought he was crap but eventually turned out half decent I think 🤔

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Safestandingfox said:

Do well to remember this is his first full season at senior level, he's at a point where he's obviously better than youth level, and trying to find his feet at senior. Plenty of more experienced players have struggled especially at Liverpool away. Needs time to adjust and learn playing against seasoned professionals. 

This. I have concerns but have to appreciate  he is still effectively a youth prospect stepping up and adapting to Enzo’s system.  It not going to be fair to gauge him on an away start against Liverpool. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Safestandingfox said:

Do well to remember this is his first full season at senior level, he's at a point where he's obviously better than youth level, and trying to find his feet at senior. Plenty of more experienced players have struggled especially at Liverpool away. Needs time to adjust and learn playing against seasoned professionals. 

...had 13 starts for Reading last season, 1 goal scored 1,111 minutes in total!!!

I hope he comes good. He should come good. He has so much potential.

My take (from the little I have seen) is he looks like he believed he was ready. Especially, when you consider what a great Summer he had. I think he has had a bit of a shock. 1. That he isn't starting every week and 2. That he isn't quite ready yet. 

However, I believe he is in a great environment. He has a coach and players around him that will help him, support him and nurture him. It might take an injury to someone and him getting a run of games but I think he will get to the levels we want this season. 

Edited by Product of 84
  • Like 2

On 28/09/2023 at 06:48, CosbehFox said:

No sweat here from me. Kinda of forgetting his level of experience. He’s very rarely played such opposition in competitive competition. 

Generally in this camp but not impressed either, seems quite clunky and lacking some of the fundamentals. Very early though. Was never likely to be the finished article.

I know it's the whole settling in period etc etc but others have come here and exceeded expectations where as Casadei, arguably the one we had highest expectations of, has been pretty bad. So much so that the manager who is clearly a huge fan and seemingly had to battle to land him, can't even get him in the starting line up.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1

I'll pass judgement on him towards the back end of the season. Still far too early to say he's a flop given it's his break-out season in a system he's not played before, plus he's not starting every game. You may find come later in the season he could be a vital cog in our team.... clearly there's ability.

3 minutes ago, notnow john said:

Didn’t he have a good spell with Reading  last season ?

Or am I thinking of another player?

He certainly had a spell with Reading. Whether it was 'good' or not is less clear. Their fans don't seem to rate him much, although to be fair he was playing in a very poor team...

Edited by ClaphamFox

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

He certainly had a spell with Reading. Whether it was 'good' or not is less clear. Their fans don't seem to rate him much, although to be fair he was playing in a very poor team...

...I believe Maresca said that he was not fully fit, and he looks unfit on the pitch!!!

With the accolades that he won in the U20 tournament, you would expect to have someone who is up for pushing on with their career. 

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

I read very comments from their fans which said he was more than decent in a very poor team