Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cesare Casadei

The contrast between how direct he looked away at Rotherham and tonight was stark. He looked very slow and clumsy. He's better than that, I trust Maresca to get him primed. 

Him being on pre season with those clowns instead of joining us in early July at play here too.

• Like 1

Usual overreaction by a minority in the matchday thread calling him shite etc.

However, there were a few concerning signs with his general play. 

I was surprised how slow he was, and this was very apparent in tracking back. 

He looks more cumbersome in possession than dynamic. Compared to KDH anyway.

I just hope it was more a case of needing to get up to the speed of the game, rather than physical limitations. 

For a young lad, I like his physicality and he is excellent in the air. Passes pretty well and competent first touch.

I think many, myself included will now rethink our push for him to be starting games. Needs more time. 

• Like 1

Yeah just seemed off it. It's almost reassuring that he looked incapable of even mustering up more than a jog. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and suggest he either had a niggle or didn't feel well.

Disappointing night but still hopeful.

Looks about as good as the other Chelsea signings made over the last two years so far :ph34r:

Only a young lad so won't write him off, but given all the hurrah about chasing him, he's not really show it so far. Ndidi is deservedly in front of him, I think Praet was better till get got injured too. At this rate I can see Chelsea being willing to sell, but not us taking them up on that offer.

But this was the toughest test he will have faced, so let's see what he can do against weaker opposition.

• Like 2

Wok the ball better, switched the play on the counter a few times but since the international break he's seemed to look lost on the pitch and slow. He'd looked much more engaged and instrumental at being involved higher up the pitch prior to that. Rotherham away especially he'd been brilliant when he came on.

Early days but it's easy to see why he's dropping in and out at the min.