Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cesare Casadei

Possibly says more about Chelsea fans clutching at straws in their current state that they rated him so highly, but there have been glimpses of a good player.

He's probably the only member of the current squad who has actually struggled with the physicality of the league, which surprises me given his frame. I expected Yunus, Mavididi and Fatawu to be the ones to, but they've all coped pretty well in comparison.

We've got plenty of the season left and the benefit of absolutely flying right now, though, so we have the luxury of giving him time to come good. Given what we've seen so far I trust Enzo to get more out of him.

Edited by OntarioFox

5 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Had a Chelsea fan this week rationalising that we were doing so well because we had Casadei. 

He wouldn’t be disabused of this notion. 

That’s great.

Not writing him off in any way, but he’s actually been our worst performer this year.

Not terrible, but definitely the worst out of those who have played so far.

• Like 1

Tbf I think so far he looks like a player that probably isn't playing the position in a way he's used to and isn't quite sure if he's doing the right thing. I think for the U21's he covered an area of the pitch further forward than he'll be required to as one of our 8's. So knowing when and where to be is a different kettle of fish for him. That could just be bollocks though. Somebody that loves heat maps could probably tell you if there's any/much difference to how he's used for Italy and how we want to use him.

55 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

That’s great.

Not writing him off in any way, but he’s actually been our worst performer this year.

I’m not having that! When the opposition kicked the ball out it was heading straight for Danny Ward… he went to stop it but it went straight through his fingers 

3 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

That’s great.

Honestly reckon he just needs time to adjust. It’s a step up from what he has been doing. Took Vardy a whole season. 

28 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Honestly reckon he just needs time to adjust. It’s a step up from what he has been doing. Took Vardy a whole season. 

...I still believe what Vardy was doing was right and the players around him were not on his wavelength!!!

Vardy thinking this game was not for him at this new level, was not down to any shortcomings and so it proved. Even now you get Vardy out wide and he will supply a better service into the box than any of our players, if he had himself supplying, he would have scored another 50% more. Vardy still wants to press, he is an intelligent footballer and understands being the first line of defence. It is remarkable that after all he has achieved, upon being asked to press a defender, Barnes should choose to sheepishly walk away being more afraid of what the manager would say, as opposed to learning from one of the best.

5 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I'm glad it's a loan. As to date. He hasn't really shone. But maybe by May he will be showing a lot more.

Yep this is the clear takeaway. We've actually got lucky that Ndidi has been so spectacular, because if he wasn't / was shipped out, then with Praet's injury, we might look a bit short in this position. Although perhaps Yunus or McAteer would play there instead?

I thought the defensive side of his game was not bad today at all, but he's guilty of what happened to Ndidi at the start of the season, the move broke down with him pretty frequently, although sometimes this was because he was fouled.

Let's not write him off, he's here all season and has plenty of time to shine. Vardy and Nacho started the season pretty badly, but both are now bang on it, so it's unfair to expect young players to hit the ground running. He's easily been the least impressive of the new signings so far, but as it's a loan, that's no problem whatsoever.

• Like 1

Better today.  Good work.  Got stuck in.  But not half as creative goung forward as Wilf is at the minute (how did THAT happen).

Enzo making occasional use of an eager and willing young player.

No problem with that.