Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

I'd like to see him given more time playing from the wing. That's always been his position prior to joining us. He wont beat a man for pace like Abdul or Stephy, but he's clearly got great dribbling skills and can pass, so I think we could do a lot worse - especially during Abdul's ban.

Get minutes into this kid so we can at least make an informed decision.

With FFP reshaping the market (especially the middle-income market), player values are dropping fast.  We might be able to negotiate an Italian-style discount, or at least move some of the fee into incentives.

• Like 1

With Enzo's influence I expect him to kick on and be an Asset to the Squad.

He's more of a midfielder than a Winger as he never seemed to take anyone on when playing on the Wing.

I'd play him in the 8 role and KDH in the 10  This would get us the best out of both I feel.

24 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Yes, shows a lot of desire and heart.

He's got quality too. Desire and heart would also apply to McAteer, but after that brilliant spell at the start of the season, goals have dried up for him and once Fatawu is back, he'll go back to the bench.

Akgun is technical. He can get out of trouble and plays some good passes. I feel like he's learning the position, the system and getting used to English football and culture in general, but I see him improving. Is he good enough to be a starter for Leicester in the Premier League? Probably not to be honest, which is likely why we are trying to sign another 8, but I think he's a good squad player to have at minimum. I also feel he does have high potential, though it would be tricky if he gets there. Adrien Silva was genuinely considered one of the best midfielders in the Portuguese league but could not hack English football. Iborra was powerfully built, but not fast or mobile enough to cement his place here. Smaller players have made it here; Modric, David Silva, Bernardo Silva, Fabregas to some extent. But these players were top draw at the technical side.

I would really like to see him get a run of games. I have always felt he does more on the pitch than Casadei. Cesare did score goals, but now Yunus is just one behind and has played a lot less games.

• Like 4