Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

4 minutes ago, adam said:

Can we afford him?

We will find out pretty soon with both Yunus and Fatawu as they both not too far off the amount of appearances required

If they just disappear from the squads completely at some point it will make it clear we can’t

Just now, moore_94 said:

We will find out pretty soon with both Yunus and Fatawu as they both not too far off the amount of appearances required

If they just disappear from the squads completely at some point it will make it clear we can’t

Was it appearances? Or starts? I thought the latter 

17 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Was it appearances? Or starts? I thought the latter 

Most I have seen just say appearances

But then they also don’t seem to mention whether that is league only or cups are included etc.

But Fatawu for example is on 17 league starts, 23 league appearances, 24 total appearances so isn’t far off depending on what is included and would definitely reach the amount required in March latest

If it is starts only that would help us with Yunus not happening soon

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MPH said:

Its becoming more apparent to me that he will be playing a lot more for the rest of the season and it will be in a more central role..

An incentive to stay fit. I get the feeling he’s a bit of a darling 

4 hours ago, adam said:

Can we afford him?

It's not really about whether we can afford them. It's more about how it will affect FFP.

If we sign Fatawu on a 5-year contract at the report 14.6m it will have an impact of 2.92m a year on the accounts 

If we sign Akgun on a 4-year contract at the report 7.7m, it will have an impact of 1.92m a year on the accounts 

So combined a 4.84m per season

In the summer, we lose a chuck of amortised transfer lability of around 10m and see our income go up by 50%. 

So I think the answer is yes, we can afford them. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, adam said:

Can we afford him?

I'm assuming once the FFP resets in the Summer & we are back on the Premier league allowances & we will be fine. Dropping into the Championship & carrying some big wages was always going to be difficult but promotion will allow us to spend again.

The club have done well to transition us through this & hopefully we can crack on in the Premier

Edited by gurru991
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I kind of worry that we will end up having to buy Akgun because we have no choice but to play him a lot from now on this season, simply due to our lack of available CM options. That sounds bad but I'm just not sure that he will cut it in the PL and I wonder if we could do better for £7m. There are things I like about him but as a winger he looks too slow and as a CM too small. To be that small and a CM in the PL you've got to be seriously good eg Bernardo or David Silva levels.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I kind of worry that we will end up having to buy Akgun because we have no choice but to play him a lot from now on this season, simply due to our lack of available CM options. That sounds bad but I'm just not sure that he will cut it in the PL and I wonder if we could do better for £7m. There are things I like about him but as a winger he looks too slow and as a CM too small. To be that small and a CM in the PL you've got to be seriously good eg Bernardo or David Silva levels.

I hope we do sign him permanently !!! 

I think he will do very well under Enzo's coaching & will turn into a very good attacking midfielder.

You can't get much for 7 mil !!

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I kind of worry that we will end up having to buy Akgun because we have no choice but to play him a lot from now on this season, simply due to our lack of available CM options. That sounds bad but I'm just not sure that he will cut it in the PL and I wonder if we could do better for £7m. There are things I like about him but as a winger he looks too slow and as a CM too small. To be that small and a CM in the PL you've got to be seriously good eg Bernardo or David Silva 

I'm not a Yunus fan. Haven't been impressed by what I have seen so far (excluding that first goal). It seems like we will sign him by default. 

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Intriguing that he didn't get on today after looking lively.

Appearance clause?

If there's an appearance clause, Enzo has got to be seriously weighing up avoiding it. I like him, but the money could be put to better use.

Feel like him and McAteer are really valuable in this system as they can play as an 8 or out wide.

Surprised he hasn't featured more but I saw a theory about Enzo keeping height in the side and not having Ndidi/Casadei there may be why he is reluctant to play Yunus.

5 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Feel like him and McAteer are really valuable in this system as they can play as an 8 or out wide.

Surprised he hasn't featured more but I saw a theory about Enzo keeping height in the side and not having Ndidi/Casadei there may be why he is reluctant to play Yunus.

And yet, had we signed Sensi.... 

11 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Intriguing that he didn't get on today after looking lively.

Appearance clause?

Definitely. Think we’ll see his appearances “managed” in the months to come. Especially if we can’t afford to pay for him. 

2 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Definitely. Think we’ll see his appearances “managed” in the months to come. Especially if we can’t afford to pay for him. 

I don’t think it’s that we can’t afford him - more that we may decide we can put the money to better use 

we dont know how complex the appearance clause is 

obviously, casadei’s was minutes based