Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If he does, would it not have been better to do so when he's finally scored in back to back games and been very influential in changing both games?

It's fair enough having the obligation to buy issue to consider, I can't fathom out why its so wildly different to Fatawu's though. Maybe the £7-5/8m fee compared to Fatawu's meant at the time we weren't concerned. 

And finally, you can tell Yunus is desperate to make a career here and the contrast to Praet's future here is vastly different. I get there's little sentiment in football and we can't try and hold the club to account on poor transfer business and then be annoyed if they've decided it's too much of a risk with Yunus but it's a shame.

Agree, I think once Casedie left he looked a lot more committed scored in those last two games.

I think he would be a good addition next season if the fee was right

• Like 1

I know its not like it's an exact choice, given it's Praet that's really being preferred to Yunus. But if its choice of giving minutes to Yunus or breaking Alves into the squads, I know which I'd prefer at this stage. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Yunus used more in these next 2 home games. Enzo prefers him when we are at home, and when we are seeing a game out. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, don_danbury said:

whats happened to marcal? dude scores a goal and is never to be seen again. did he piss enzo off?

He was frozen out a bit because he was refusing to sign a new contract. As soon as it signed he was involved again. But yes, still quite a fringe player

41 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

He was frozen out a bit because he was refusing to sign a new contract. As soon as it signed he was involved again. But yes, still quite a fringe player

I am assuming we gave Nelson the same treatment for the same reason. it is logical

I wouldn't be rushing to judgement, He's still settling in and learning a new  language also. He's technically very gifted especially in tight area as he's demonstrated this season.

I don't see him as a Winger, Albrighton is more than capable in covering for Fatawua. But he can play in the 8 or 10 roles. Though I prefer KDH in the 10 role where he seems more

comfortable and effects the game more from there.

Now that Praet has decided to put in an effort ( probably to help himself find a new Club in the Summer. ) This has further complicated things for Yunus as Enzo has choices now.

And even more when NDiddi comes back in April. Though I don't think he'll be rushed back as we may well be virtually promoted by then.

Yunus could be an asset in the Premiership if he kicks on in his development as Big defenders don't ike little guys who can turn them inside out.

His problem now is if he gets the chance to shine between now and the end of the Season.

1 minute ago, Mark said:

May as well give Alves his place if he’s not allowed to play anymore, had enough of us bringing Choudhury on as an 8 now instead

Exactly this. If we aren't going to play him, give Alves his spot and save my eyes from bleeding watching Kasey or Choudhury try and play as 8s. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mark said:

May as well give Alves his place if he’s not allowed to play anymore, had enough of us bringing Choudhury on as an 8 now instead

Choudhury came on as a 6 and winks went to 8. That's a more defensive change than bringing on yunus at 8.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Mark said:

May as well give Alves his place if he’s not allowed to play anymore, had enough of us bringing Choudhury on as an 8 now instead

Think he'll get his chance vs Bournemouth and then hopefully take it from there.

• Like 1