Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Having a look through players whose contracts are up in 2025:

Centre back:

Maxence Lacroix (24) - Wolfsburg

Zeno Debast (20) - Anderlecht

Oumar Solet (24) - RB Salzburg

Ben Cabango (23) - Swansea City

Centre back / Left back:

Joaquin Piquerez (25) - Palmeiras

Lilian Brassier (24) - Brest

Jeanuël Belocian (19) - Rennes

Defensive mid:

Dirk Proper (22) - NEC Nijmegen

Centre mid / 8:

Hyun-Seok Hong (24) - Gent

Sebastian Nanasi (21) - Malmo

Jordan James (19) - Birmingham

Filip Marchwinski (22) - Lech Poznan

Winger:

Amad Diallo (21) - Man Utd

Samuel Iling-Junior (20) - Juventus

Jonathan Rowe (21) - Norwich City

Roger (18) - Braga

Striker:

Vangelis Pavlidis (25) - AZ Alkmaar

Pace not an issue? A player I know if but not much about. Just watched a highlights package and that was the big concern. Plus it's the one league in recent times where you see these amazing stats and then so many players fail in the PL.

Seen a bunch of Juve fans say that Illing-Junior isn't very good and very over hyped but you have no idea how accurate that is, especially taking that information from online

On 01/05/2024 at 03:02, StriderHiryu said:

Here is the one for League One:
https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/8/Seasons/9623/Stages/22081/PlayerStatistics/England-League-One-2023-2024

Making the step up from League One to Premier League seems like too much of a jump for me. That said, Harrison Burrows of Peterborough has an interesting profile and some crazy stats. (6 goals, 14 assists from left back)

Bali Mumba is ranked pretty low down in the Championship ratings, but he's been impressive for Plymouth this season. At just 22 and able to play both sides, he's not the worst shout. 

Harrison Burrows would make alot of sense IMO. Potential is undoubtedly there to play higher, there may be a question mark about Premier League level, though.

• Like 1

On 01/05/2024 at 11:02, StriderHiryu said:

Here is the one for League One:
https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/8/Seasons/9623/Stages/22081/PlayerStatistics/England-League-One-2023-2024

Making the step up from League One to Premier League seems like too much of a jump for me. That said, Harrison Burrows of Peterborough has an interesting profile and some crazy stats. (6 goals, 14 assists from left back)

Bali Mumba is ranked pretty low down in the Championship ratings, but he's been impressive for Plymouth this season. At just 22 and able to play both sides, he's not the worst shout. 

I agree, but we have no money so signing anyone for more than a couple of million isn’t wise.

Sell the assets, lower the wage bill, go down and rebuild. That’s our only option really, if we miraculously manage to stay up it’ll be a pleasant surprise.

• Haha 1

Personally wouldn't be excited about a 35 year old Reus joining us as at all. Or does immense coup mean something else in German?

Though if we're quick we could still get the 34 year old version. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaliFOXnia said:

Harrison Burrows would make alot of sense IMO. Potential is undoubtedly there to play higher, there may be a question mark about Premier League level, though.

Both Harrison Burrows and Ronnie Jackson of Peterborough are players a few Premier League clubs have looked at. For both, in an ideal world they need a season in the Championship to prove themselves.

But many players have made that level of a step up. Ivan Toney being a great example who had a few stops along the way but proved himself to be a top finisher in every division. So he's a gamble, but one that could be worth taking.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Both Harrison Burrows and Ronnie Jackson of Peterborough are players a few Premier League clubs have looked at. For both, in an ideal world they need a season in the Championship to prove themselves.

But many players have made that level of a step up. Ivan Toney being a great example who had a few stops along the way but proved himself to be a top finisher in every division. So he's a gamble, but one that could be worth taking.

Both have had seasons in the Championship, but agree it would be good to see how they fare now a couple of years on

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Both have had seasons in the Championship, but agree it would be good to see how they fare now a couple of years on

I actually didn't know that! Why do you reckon Ronnie Edwards (called him Jackson for some reason, lol) didn't get signed up? I remember us and Palace looking at him a few seasons back. I only ever hear good things about that player.

Also what do you think of Davis Keillor-Dunn at Mansfield? He's the Szmodics of league 2!

Eiran Cashin of Derby has also got good reviews this season I have heard.

Edited by StriderHiryu

On 27/04/2024 at 22:51, kingfox said:

Rav Van Den Berg from Boro, suits our style of defenders and Boro fans are raving about him. 

Won Middlesbrough’s Player of the Season and Young Player of the Season at their awards last night.

Gerrimin!

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Would love Gus Hamer, all round midfielder would suit our style well. 

Likely available as Sheff Utd will need to sell a few 

Should see if we can do a cheeky loan to buy so we can kick the can down the road.

4 hours ago, JimJams said:

Personally wouldn't be excited about a 35 year old Reus joining us as at all. Or does immense coup mean something else in German?

Though if we're quick we could still get the 34 year old version. 

Did you think the same about Cambiasso after his year at Leicester? We need as many leaders as possible next season to overcome what we could be hit with. A couple of experienced signings to replace the outgoing experience will be needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronnup said:

If Luton go down we should be all over Ross Barkely. Perfect in the 8 spot

Definitely. A good mate of mine is a season ticket holder at Kenilworth Road, reckons Ross Barkley has been the best player in just about every game he's gone to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ronnup said:

If Luton go down we should be all over Ross Barkely. Perfect in the 8 spot

Great shout, he’s been really good for them this season and would complement Winks and KDH (if we could hang on to him) really well 

• Like 1

Ross Barkley playing as well as he does for a club such as Luton Town in the Premier League is no easy feat! I'd say he's done well enough to revive and resurrect his career this season.

17 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Would love Gus Hamer, all round midfielder would suit our style well. 

Likely available as Sheff Utd will need to sell a few 

Enzo was very impressed with him first game of the season.

3 hours ago, Iran said:

Ross Barkley playing as well as he does for a club such as Luton Town in the Premier League is no easy feat! I'd say he's done well enough to revive and resurrect his career this season.

He definitely has, which is why I'd have my doubts we'd be able to get him.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Iran said:

Sammie Szmodics

wonder if we’ll do what we did with drinkwater and go after him because of an impressive performance . 

Great player and has bottle so i’d be happy with that. 

younger vardy vibes, can’t see it at 28 though 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1