Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

The Occasional 2023-24 Math Thread

2 hours ago, Motty said:

Hi I think your max figures are from match 23 conclusion as we can only get 125 and Ipswich 119 and Leeds 111

Like your assessment but think 1 team from mid to bottom half will make a charge.

So do I…

Thats why M’borough/ Norwich are in my reckoning,but those early points from top 4-6, might keep any late charge at bay.

Nobody will charge up the table from under 12,to make any difference,but 1 or 2 from chasing pack,can stick their noses in front, to put in a claim for top 6,no further..

And I really believe Enzo has the most durable untouchable  system,in my very confident opinion…

Until some atrocious form,proves otherwise..The top 4 within top 4 is sorted,and each one from now is competing for

those end bragging rights..which I believe will end in that order has formulised. With WBA leading the way of also rans.

Many will be wanting to finish on higher points,has their last season..

Quirks of football will give us the EOS run in  & upsets or triumphs from around Easter..

Confidence not arrogance is my companion,and  ( after Leicester,I don’t much care :dunno: ) I do see Southampton scrapping

with Ipswich. A few weeks ago I thought Ipswich were strong enough to hold an untouchable position,now I reckon the strength

& depth Southamptons squad will count massively..

updated maximum points available with 21 games remaining:

Leicester 125

Ipswich 117

Southampton 114

Leeds 108

WBA 105

Hull 102

Sunderland 100

Bristol City 99

Middlesbrough 99 

PNE 98

Watford 98

Cardiff 97

Norwich 97

Coventry 97

Blackburn 94

Swansea 92

Millwall 92

Plymouth 91

Stoke 91

Birmingham City 91

Huddersfield 88

QPR 84

Sheff Wed 82

Rotherham 80

8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

updated maximum points available with 21 games remaining:

Leicester 125

Ipswich 117

Southampton 114

Leeds 108

WBA 105

Hull 102

Sunderland 100

Bristol City 99

Middlesbrough 99 

PNE 98

Watford 98

Cardiff 97

Norwich 97

Coventry 97

Blackburn 94

Swansea 92

Millwall 92

Plymouth 91

Stoke 91

Birmingham City 91

Huddersfield 88

QPR 84

Sheff Wed 82

Rotherham 80

Quite possible we could be starting a teams that can't catch us thread late Jan/early Feb. 

• Like 1

Ok will do another last 6 PPG added to current totals, finally sky updated their table (use it as source since they do last 6).

Leeds are lucky I kept them on this, they need to sort themselves out to be considered contenders moving forward.  Of course Ipswich on horrific run of fixtures.

Leicester         118 (PPG 2.67)
Southampton 100 (PPG 2.33)
Ipswich           85-86 (PPG 1.5)
Leeds              69 (PPG 1.16)

87 required for autos.

After match week 25:

Status:  62 of 93 points acquired toward automatic promotion.

Current points rate is 2.48/match.  1.48 points/match required for the rest of the season (31 points from 21 matches).

We have an 11-point gap over third place (Southampton).

We have 67% of the required points for automatic promotion after 54% of the season.

And as others have stated, Leeds have tailed off recently while Southampton are coming on strong.

Just 60 points left to play for now, the maximum points tally is looking very healthy for us.

What’s amazing is how close it is in the middle, once the they can’t catch us thread opens, I expect us to be quickly crossing teams off.

Leicester 125

Ipswich 115

Southampton 112

Leeds 108

WBA 102

Hull 102

Sunderland 100

Cardiff 97

Coventry 97

Watford 96 

Bristol City 96

Middlesbrough 96

Norwich 95

PNE 95

Blackburn 92

Swansea 92

Millwall 92

Plymouth 89

Stoke 89

Birmingham City  88

Huddersfield 85

QPR 81

Sheff Wed 82

Rotherham 78

On 30/12/2023 at 00:35, Chrysalis said:

Ok will do another last 6 PPG added to current totals, finally sky updated their table (use it as source since they do last 6).

Leeds are lucky I kept them on this, they need to sort themselves out to be considered contenders moving forward.  Of course Ipswich on horrific run of fixtures.

Leicester         118 (PPG 2.67)
Southampton 100 (PPG 2.33)
Ipswich           85-86 (PPG 1.5)
Leeds              69 (PPG 1.16)

87 required for autos.

https://footystats.org/england/championship/form-table

Exactly 2 points per game gives us 105 points, the title and breaks our own points record.

Very achievable and that'll do me.  I don't want to take Reading's record anymore.  I mean, what else have they got?  

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, murphy said:

Exactly 2 points per game gives us 105 points, the title and breaks our own points record.

Very achievable and that'll do me.  I don't want to take Reading's record anymore.  I mean, what else have they got?  

Makes me want to take it even more lol

• Haha 1

After Mondays games, it is possible that 2 more wins and a draw for us (puts us on 72pts) and 2 losses out of three for Rotherham (max for them 72pts with far inferior GD) means we can start the teams that cant catch us thread, assuming i have got my maths right. three wins and losses for QPR and they can be added to the list.

It is absolutely mental.

• Like 1

After match week 26:

Current points rate is 2.50/match.  1.40 points/match required for the rest of the season (28 points from 20 matches).

We have a 13-point gap over third place (Southampton).

We have 69.9% of the required points for automatic promotion after 56.5% of the season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

Leicester's team is a brilliant Championship side, and the fact that they've been given a financial bazooka doesn't change that

i must have missed the financial bazooka we had??? we sold our best players and used that money to get more people in at decent prices

2 hours ago, lnkstern said:

After match week 26:

Current points rate is 2.50/match.  1.40 points/match required for the rest of the season (28 points from 20 matches).

We have a 13-point gap over third place (Southampton).

We have 69.9% of the required points for automatic promotion after 56.5% of the season.

Fried 👌

• 3 weeks later...

Match week 28 is complete.  Bit of a bump in the road, with a loss and a draw in the last two.

Current points rate is 2.36/match.  1.50 points/match required for the rest of the season (27 points from 18 matches).

We have a 8-point gap over third place (Southampton).

We have 70.9% of the required points for automatic promotion after 60.9% of the season.

Next 10 games are going to be interesting

5 decent games for us to put a run together before heading into a tough period

Next 5:

Swansea - 16th

Stoke - 19th

Watford - 9th

Sheff Wed - 23rd

Middlesbrough - 11th

Then the next 5:

Leeds - 4th

QPR - 22nd

Sunderland - 10th

Hull - 7th

Southampton - 3rd

For me we need to take at least 13/15 from the next 5 as I do think there is a chance we could lose a couple in the 5 after

Thankfully once we get through that tough period we have an easier 8 games in the final run in

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Leicester's match week 30 is complete.  Other clubs have one or two games in hand.

Current points rate is 2.40/match.  1.31 points/match required for the rest of the season (21 points from 16 matches).

We have a 12-point gap over third place (Leeds).

We have 77.4% of the required points for automatic promotion after 65.2% of the season.

• Like 2

Leicester's match week 31 is complete.

Current points rate is 2.42/match.  1.20 points/match required for the rest of the season (18 points from 15 matches).

We have 80.6% of the required points for automatic promotion after 67.4% of the season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lnkstern said:

Leicester's match week 31 is complete.

Current points rate is 2.42/match.  1.20 points/match required for the rest of the season (18 points from 15 matches).

We have 80.6% of the required points for automatic promotion after 67.4% of the season.

It’s so over lol