Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Soumaré - Sevilla currently - They have no cash

On paper he has the tools to be an effective 8, do wonder if Enzo will have a chat with him and see if they think that Soumare has the determination/desire to actually give it a go and not spend half the game jogging aimlessly.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, filbertway said:

We have an obligation to buy with Fatawu, huge difference to the deal at the end being optional.

I stand corrected.  Per reports, the option becomes an obligation if we go up.  Looking less and less like an "if"  :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

He could be brilliant in the 8 position for us.

he needs coaching though, has the ability but under Rodgers didn’t have enough direction 

The elephant in the room. Could Enzo make him into a good player? I wouldn’t rule it out, and we may well have to make the most of what we’ve got with spending limits.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

The elephant in the room. Could Enzo make him into a good player? I wouldn’t rule it out, and we may well have to make the most of what we’ve got with spending limits.

At this stage all we can do is see if Enzo has improved other players. 

I can’t think of a player who hasn’t improved under his stewardship. Even those that were signed in the summer are performing a lot better now than when they first joined.

• Like 1

Bringing Soumare back into the squad would destroy morale. Someone who's performances typified relegation. There are enough people around to remember and probably not forgive. Absolutely not worth taking the risk. Have to cut losses and for his own benefit he needs to rediscover himself in a more amenable division/club.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, moseeds said:

Bringing Soumare back into the squad would destroy morale. Someone who's performances typified relegation. There are enough people around to remember and probably not forgive. Absolutely not worth taking the risk. Have to cut losses and for his own benefit he needs to rediscover himself in a more amenable division/club.

Who will be left from the relegation though, that actually features by the start of next season? 

Justin, Ricardo, Faes, KDH? 

Ndidi and Vardy might not be here. 

By all accounts, he was close to Ricardo, so who knows. 

It is a massive elephant in the room. We have a rebuild to do and we may be relying on players coming on largely on free transfer to do that. 

If we can get any money for him at all, then get Grønbæk, that would be a better all around for us. Issue is, that price is getting higher! 

Edited by Sly

There are some very big if's and maybe's in what I'm about to write but, firstly, I couldn't have overall blamed Soumare wanting to leave form a number of reasons previously expressed, mainly surrounding Rodgers and just wanting to get out of a depressing ill run Leicester camp who'd been relegated. 

He was once a really good prospect who was upon transfer to us, sporadically played in an unfamiliar role here either as attacking or more often defensive midfielder role when he was neither. 

As a previously highly rated 'keeping the ball moving and passer of the ball', aren't these the sort of skills that are now a large basis of our style of football? 

I don't know how he's faired in Sevilla and how effective he's been but it's a decent level of football. Whilst the Championship, on top of other problems may not have been an attractive proposition, promotion to the Premiership may be but, would he be good enough?  Enzo has completely changed Ndidi's game and that of Ricardo. Vestergaard, who had been a player written off by many, has excelled under his management.

The aims, discipline, atmosphere and style at the club have gone full circle. Could Enzo perhaps, if given the chance, do something with him? It would be one midfielder less to buy that wouldn't effect FFP. It certainly looks like he'll be coming back to us at the end of the season. With a good Enzo pre-season under his belt who knows eh?

• Like 1

On 17/02/2024 at 05:43, Mickyblueeyes said:

Has he a very miserable time here. However, Rodgers poor management skills I feel very much contributed. If Enzo could work his magic, as he has done with many, he does have a lot of attributes that could work well in this system. 

If Maresca can turn Ndidi into an attacking midfield who glides to the line and crosses in inch perfect crosses, he can get the best out of Soumare for sure!

On 16/02/2024 at 00:27, Sly said:

If we can get any money for him at all, then get Grønbæk, that would be a better all around for us. Issue is, that price is getting higher! 

Did he recently sign a new contract or am i imagining that?

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Desire is not one of them and for me that's the bare minimum. Why would he come back here and suddenly start giving a fvck?

You don’t think the manager is a major contributor to a players desire to try?

Edited by Dahnsouff

On 17/02/2024 at 10:12, volpeazzurro said:

As a previously highly rated 'keeping the ball moving and passer of the ball', aren't these the sort of skills that are now a large basis of our style of football? 

In the position he'd want to play, no. Can he play the Winks role? I don't think so.

If not, you're looking at the KDH/Ndidi roles. Look at the runs they make into channels, these 2 positions are the most vital cog. He just doesn't make those runs.

I don't think he's a bad player in the right system, but not this system.

Edited by wardyfox86
  • Like 1