Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

EFL Statement - Club has no obligation to submit and agree business plan

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Sensationalizing you say? lol

That’s not what sensationalising means mate - I am suggesting there is a chance Susan Whelan may get some further remuneration for her activities elsewhere not solely for her work at LCFC - which is quite feasible.

• Haha 1

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Sensationalizing you say? lol

Nah come on, that bit didn't stack up. To my memory our director remuneration was always really low compared to other clubs when the Swiss Ramble charts rolled round each year. 

• Like 1

Assuming get promoted, which is very likely.  Worse case scenario we get get the same punishment as Everton which may lead to us being relegated.  We may get relegated any way.

If we don't get promoted we may face a point deduction which will make it hard to get promotion next season, but the club will still survive. 

Can all the drama queens on here just calm the fck down.

• Like 1

I understand that we could have the richest person on the planet in charge and it wouldn't change anything but im just asking is there anything out there at all we can do to raise more money other than possibly having to sell our biggest assets?

I guess if there was other clubs would have already found that loophole 

Edited by EastAnglianFox

8 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I understand that we could have the richest person on the planet in charge and it wouldn't change anything but im just asking is there anything out there at all we can do to raise more money other than possibly having to sell our biggest assets?

I guess if there was other clubs would have already found that loophole 

Training ground could be sponsored?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Assuming get promoted, which is very likely.  Worse case scenario we get get the same punishment as Everton which may lead to us being relegated.  We may get relegated any way.

If we don't get promoted we may face a point deduction which will make it hard to get promotion next season, but the club will still survive. 

Can all the drama queens on here just calm the fck down.

Those outcomes are very asymmetric.

If we don't get promoted it won't be just the points deduction we'd have to worry about - we'd also have to slash our wage budget, which would make it even harder to get out of the division. Years of stagnation could follow.

If we get promoted and come straight back down while complying with the PSR rules (whatever they are at that point), we'll be in a much better position to push for promotion again.

We really need to get promoted.

30 minutes ago, K789 said:

We may also be 1 x trey nyoni 5 mill from Liverpool away. Tribunal must be soon.  Who knows 

Should be getting more than that more him as well when you consider Chelsea had to pay up to about £4m for a 14 year old and Nyoni has already had first team involvement

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

We really need to get promoted.

Well obviously that's the preffered outcome.

At the start of this season, the same bed wetters were saying we'd be relegated to league 1, a few seasons in the championship don't seem so bad compared to that.

Whatever happens its not the end of the world.

EXCLUSIVELeicester exploit huge loophole in football's spending rules to avoid punishment this season after claiming to be both a Premier League and EFL club at the SAME TIME

Leicester have escaped sanctions for potential spending breaches this season 

The Foxes told both Premier League and EFL they didn't have to meet their rules 

Football's spending rules are facing further scrutiny after it emerged that Leicester have dodged sanctions this season by claiming to be both a Premier League and an EFL club at the same time.

Mail Sport has learned that Leicester have not complied with the Premier League's new fast-track system for potential spending breaches this season despite being at risk of breaking their Profit and Sustainability rules [PSR] for 2022/23 as they were relegated at the end of that campaign, but also avoided being subjected to an EFL spending plan this year on the grounds that they were a top-flight club last season.

In an extraordinary set of circumstances Leicester told the EFL in November that they did not have to comply with their regulations as they were a Premier League club last season, yet were not forced to abide by Premier League rules the following month when other clubs at risk of a PSR breach had to submit their accounts.

The Leicester case appears to expose a huge loophole at the heart of the football's controversial spending rules, which the club have exploited to give themselves the best chance of returning to the Premier League this season. 

Leicester could still be charged for breaching the Premier League's £105million loss limits last season, but any punishment and points deduction would apply next season and not jeopardise their promotion hopes, whereas Everton and Nottingham Forest are both facing points deductions this season for overspending during the same period.

Leicester City have exploited a huge loophole to avoid complying with Premier League and EFL spending rules following their relegation last season.

Enzo Maresca's Leicester are on course for an immediate return to the Premier League 

The anomaly has arisen after the Premier League introduced new rules for dealing with potential PSR cases last summer following complaints that Everton avoided a points deduction that would have seen them relegated last season, but did not apply them to Leicester. 

Under the new regulations clubs at risk of a PSR breach must submit their accounts three months earlier than their rivals on 31 December so that any disciplinary case can be concluded and any sanctions applied by the end of the season. 

Premier League sources confirmed to Mail Sport that their new standard directions only apply to Premier League clubs.

Everton and Forest both submitted their accounts to the Premier League in December and were subsequently charged with spending breaches for three years concluding with the 2022/23 season, with their cases to be heard over the next few weeks, but Leicester were not required to do so. 

Leicester's accounts must be filed by the end of this month and any punishment will be delayed until next season, by which time they are likely to be back in the Premier League, as Enzo Maresca's side lead the Championship by three points with 10 games remaining.

To complicate matters further Leicester are also at risk of breaching spending rules for the current season after the EFL's independent club financial reporting unit concluded the club 'was forecasting to breach the Profitability and Sustainability Rules (PSR) loss limits for the three-year period ending with financial year 2023/24'.

In November the EFL made an application to make Leicester submit to a business plan which would have limited their spending this season, but the club successfully argued that EFL Rule 2.9 did not apply to them as they were a Premier League club last season.

Leicester are permitted to lose up to £83m over the past three years - £70m for two years in the Premier League and £13 million for this season in the EFL. 

Leicester sold midfielder James Maddison to Tottenham for about £40m last year 

They reinvested some of that cash in midfielder Harry Winks for £10m to help their bid to return to the Premier League at the first time of asking 

Their 2021/22 accounts showed a £92.5m loss, and another big loss is expected in their 2022/23 accounts.

Leicester could still avoid PSR charges for 2023/24 by raising funds through player sales by the end of June. If they fail to do so then the anomalies in the rules could have major consequences next season and leave Leicester facing two punishments in the same season.

The Premier League and EFL are understood to be holding talks over how to achieve greater alignment in their regulations to avoid similar situations occurring in the future.

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I shouldn't find any of this funny but I can't stop giggling at those who will happily hang their hat on Percy or Sky when it comes to transfers but the veracity on anything remotely negative is immediately questioned.

I suppose journalists don't lie about good news, only bad news.

Sky? Has anyone believed a word they said in the last decade? The simple fact is the video they put out of Dorsett last night was just simply wrong. They clearly read the EFL post and ours and not the judgement. To suggest it had anything to do with what we submitted this March is laughable. The decision from the panel was taken in January, and held back until after the January transfer window. 

Percy is up and down; he clearly doesn't have the access he once did. But again, the article is speculative and clearly is hung around what our results are, that nobody even knows yet... let alone the PSR calculations from them. Because we have another 4 months until those are met and a lot can happen in that time. I don't doubt we are going to post a loss, we got relegated... of course we are. It's the finer details that matter, and he simply can't know them all, because he doesn't have a crystal ball to see into the future. 

What we'd need to find would be entirely different if we got promoted, compared to if we didn't due to all the increased revenues. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I’d assume we would get 35m+ for KDH.

JJ I’m really not sure anyone pays us more than 15m with his prior injuries and inconsistency. 

Nelson has significant value.

Faes maybe? 

Hermansen certainly 25m+

Jakub probably 7.5m+

I’d suggest we might be able to make profits on the likes of Cannon and Mavididi.  

if you knew we were desperate for money, would you pay 35m for kdh ?

JJ would likely bring in around £10/15m if he doesn’t have any further injury issues 

neslon is not exposed enough to bring in more than about £10m imo

Faes has £9m left on his amortisation this summer. We wouldn’t get more than £12/15m for him so that’s a possible 6m in the plus column 

Mads had approx 5m left on his fee. I suppose we could get £15m somewhere which brings in 10m 

jakub - all profit but surely no one is paying more than £3/5m for him (and that being generous) 

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

4) Once again, you fail to read what's been said. I didn't say make up a fake sponsorship. I said IF we gain promotion it gives us many avenues to increase revenue BEFORE the June deadline for PSR. That could include new sponsorship (not made up, real valid sponsorship), more corporate, more advertising. That's not speculation, that's the reality of being a premier league club. 

Without knowing for sure, my suspicion is that sponsorship deals run to end June ref ffp to be in line with everything else.  I would be astonished if we could make deals for 24/25 and include the income in psr accounts for 23/24. 

1 hour ago, Qwerty said:

My understanding is that “complying” involves creating a business plan that we have to agree to and stick to.  That would be almost impossible surely, for a club who don’t know if they’re going to get promoted. At a time of possible change, we wouldn’t want to be tied to a legally binding business plan if we didn’t have to be. 

That does seem overly restrictive on the club, if what you say is true then it adds a new tint to it.

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Sky? Has anyone believed a word they said in the last decade? The simple fact is the video they put out of Dorsett last night was just simply wrong. They clearly read the EFL post and ours and not the judgement. To suggest it had anything to do with what we submitted this March is laughable. The decision from the panel was taken in January, and held back until after the January transfer window. 

Percy is up and down; he clearly doesn't have the access he once did. But again, the article is speculative and clearly is hung around what our results are, that nobody even knows yet... let alone the PSR calculations from them. Because we have another 4 months until those are met and a lot can happen in that time. I don't doubt we are going to post a loss, we got relegated... of course we are. It's the finer details that matter, and he simply can't know them all, because he doesn't have a crystal ball to see into the future. 

What we'd need to find would be entirely different if we got promoted, compared to if we didn't due to all the increased revenues. 

But the financial rewards for promotion are spread over the next 3 seasons after promotion, not counted for this season. 

For example the playoffs 

The prize money for winning the 2023 playoffs is £178 million, distributed over the subsequent three seasons. This money can provide financial stability, allow the club to strengthen its roster, and enable it to compete with the world's best teams

The merit payments from where you finish in the championship wouldn’t be that significant from 6th to first.

Edited by HankMarvin

Here’s a thought 

we get promoted 

we are subsequently found guilty of breaking EFL psr. 

they cannot sanction us with points so they fine us.

ipswich finish third and fail to get promoted via the play offs 

are Ipswich able to sue us for PL monies based on this ?  Perhaps this could be the reason why we were rumoured to have dropped our interest in taking Everton to court for damages?    Assuming we do go up I suggest we all get behind the team finishing third in the play offs !!!!!

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Here’s a thought 

we get promoted 

we are subsequently found guilty of breaking EFL psr. 

they cannot sanction us with points so they fine us.

ipswich finish third and fail to get promoted via the play offs 

are Ipswich able to sue us for PL monies based on this ?  Perhaps this could be the reason why we were rumoured to have dropped our interest in taking Everton to court for damages?    Assuming we do go up I suggest we all get behind the team finishing third in the play offs !!!!!

Yes if you use the Middlesborough&Wycombe v Derby case as an example. 

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Yes if you use the Middlesborough&Wycombe v Derby case as an example. 

Boro came to an agreement with Mel morris

wycombe came an agreement with Derby’s administrators 

hopefully that means there is no precedent to be drawn on at this stage. I guess it’s in everyone’s interest to keep it that way because no one knows when it might be them in the frame ……

8 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

You are asking who he had access to previously and why he doesn't now, then claiming with certainty that is untrue - mind boggles. 

To translate for you, what he is saying is Percy's articles were spot on, every time under Pearson and during our Championship winning period - but the tone of his reporting and accuracy, and how loose the report was last night with lots of could maybe and probablys in it would suggest he isn't as tight with whoever he was tight with before.

Its common knowledge every Journo has moles within clubs - it may of been your best mate Rudkin, or someone equally as influencial. Percy won't leak that - but the quality of his reporting suggests he might not be getting as bigger bite now compared to what he was used to before. 

I don’t think it was just on the ball with Pearson, up until Rodger’s went he was getting exclusives on transfer news then it seemed to sour 

from 

The Leicester logjam: Why Brendan Rodgers' transfer plans have been paralysed

and May 2023

“Complacency, contract mismanagement and a lack of ruthlessness: How the Leicester dream turned sour

Just seven years after that fairytale win, Leicester find themselves going from Premier League champions to playing in the Championship.”

In a way it’s a double edged sword as a journalist, if you have to write negative articles. 
Don’t bite the hand that feeds you and all that.

Edited by HankMarvin

30 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We are putting your head in the ground if we take this view though. 

You only need to look at the building evidence - Saints and Villa's accounts, EFL's early warning, Percy will to commit it to print. 

It's churlish to ignore the signs and sit there like the dog in the meme whilst it burns. 

At the very least, it's' going to be tight and places further onus on this seasons accounts in a season with significantly reduced income. Which further highlights the need to sell. 

Edited by CosbehFox