Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

EFL Statement - Club has no obligation to submit and agree business plan

7 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

I’ve heard Ping Kower LTD are set to agree a significant sponsorship deal in the next few weeks we are all good

You joke but I can see us signing a new shirt deal once we are promoted with another Asian company.

Being a PL club allows us to broker a better deal.

• Like 1

Just now, ramadaone said:

John Percy burnt a few bridges there

Very strange

he's not been breaking news on us for a while unless its negative

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

You joke but I can see us signing a new shirt deal once we are promoted with another Asian company.

they should look at reselling the ground naming rights too

• Like 1

Am sure will be fine, but really have to learn from it.

But am annoyed Top and Whelan haven't managed the whole situation better.

Edited by Wymsey

Come June 5/6 players probably won’t be here, we’ll be fine. The books will balance plus nobody has been sacked from letting this get like this so It can’t be a big deal to the club.

Edited by dannythefox
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Absolutely, one year of a Thai betting company and the issue goes away, 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, adam said:

We can't have many saleable players left. Especially when everyone's wage goes up next season when we get promoted( hopefully)

Worrying times

I’m still wondering if the relegation clauses aren’t repayable on promotion in the first season 

if I was an agent then that that’s what I would have asked for in return of accepting a relegation clause 

we have spunked a lot on players that have not offered anything, then go out on loan and we still end up paying there wage lol Praet, Soumare, Souttar, Kristensen, Bertrand, Silva to name a few then Rodgers record deal after being in the job for a few months.

also no re sale on players like Soy, Youri and others.

Rudkin masterclass

Edited by whoareyaaa

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

But he’s not reporting on conjecture or anything else regarding those results. He literally states it depends on our last set of results and offers not a single opinion about them. He’s reported plenty without cold hard facts before, and just used his sources and just come out and said it. If he was sure of a good source he would just say 

He is saying we could be in trouble if they are bad results. We all know that don’t we? His wording is pretty clear, it all depends on those results. 

In the article in the Telegraph, Percy writes:

“Last year they announced record losses of £92.5 million for the 2021-22 season, and it is understood that latest financial accounts are also likely to report a heavy deficit when they are announced this month.

Given how conservatively we acted in 2022/23, and openly said we were doing it to comply, I doubt our figures for that year would be terrible. This year- no idea but obviously the allowed losses are much less.

This is the problem with this news coming out before the accounts have been released. We might be fine, we might not but the speculation won't help.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, K789 said:

Makes the tom cannon signing even more baffling 

I think he was signed to replace Daka then Bournemouth pulled out of the deal. So strange to have 4 strikers on the books when Enzo never has more than 1 on the pitch at a time.

Go up and the PL will throw the book at us. Stay down and the EFL will tear us a new one.

Personally I'll choose going up. I prefer to scramble to 40pts than have to fight past 24 desperate husks of former football clubs all whining about "Parachute FC" as we sell off our last remaining assets on the pitch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

They've tried that too. They only interview in favourable terms in Thailand.

go to the board members, keep asking them, even if they don't answer they may demand answers and actions from Top

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Given how conservatively we acted in 2022/23, and openly said we were doing it to comply, I doubt our figures for that year would be terrible. This year- no idea but obviously the allowed losses are much less.

This is the problem with this news coming out before the accounts have been released. We might be fine, we might not but the speculation won't help.

Yeah but they buckled towards the end of the window and spunked 31m plus tete loan fee

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1