Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

EFL Statement - Club has no obligation to submit and agree business plan

1 minute ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

He can’t establish a ‘factual’ position given the accounts haven’t been released.

But he can report on conjecture he’s received from in and around the club - and we know he’s well connected within the club and has regularly reported matters with substance when it comes to us.

Add to this the level of losses already known from previously released accounts and the ‘we’re having PSR difficulty’ smoke signals that have been coming from the club itself for years now… it would be foolish to not take this reporting seriously.

But he’s not reporting on conjecture or anything else regarding those results. He literally states it depends on our last set of results and offers not a single opinion about them. He’s reported plenty without cold hard facts before, and just used his sources and just come out and said it. If he was sure of a good source he would just say 

He is saying we could be in trouble if they are bad results. We all know that don’t we? His wording is pretty clear, it all depends on those results. 

• Like 3

One of the things that has always alarmed me about our owners is that they like to gamble. I think we did exactly that when we tried to break into the Champion League with wages to turnover ratio. It works when you qualify for Europe but the moment you don’t you end up with a bloated, demotivated squad on massive wages who won’t agree to being sold so run down their contracts. It must be very difficult to avoid this fate when you’re a smaller club trying to disrupt the rich six or seven. I expect Brighton, Villa and Newcastle to struggle with this too. 

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It's a hell of a dice to roll in one month with our record of selling players.

Especially when they could be agreeing deals now. Players like Kristiansen and Soumaré both had agreements in place and lo and behold both clubs won’t pay, we’ve known that for months. We hear nothing further about a renegotiation and agreement. They’re the players you know you’ll sell regardless of where we end up. They’ll no doubt be waiting until they know what league we’re in before starting anything. 

The clubs only tactic is to leave it to the last minute/ hold out for higher offers and and pray for the best. I don’t see how we have the capability as an organisation to get things done in a short space of time. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jimmy said:

Hamza would not sure on JJ or Ricky depends on where the amortisation is besides no one offered for any of those 3

JJ and Ricky have both been here longer than their original contracts 

it’s interesting that the rumours have now surfaced in the media within a week of our accounts being submitted to the authorities.  Clearly there are leaks of some kind.  

We also dont know how much additional amortisation has been dragged into 22/23 to try and help 23/24. 

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It's a hell of a dice to roll in one month with our record of selling players.

Good point - wonder if we’ve made an agreement in advance with a club at a certain price ?? Otherwise we will get screwed over because the player will decide on one destination to feather his own nest. 

If we get points deducted so be it. There's no other way to compete with the big sharks and I won't blame the ownership. We have sold every single star player of ours except Vardy. All football players and their stupid agents demand excessive wages. Some of them can't even count to 20 without skipping numbers. 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Get ready for loads of shit decisions going against us lol 

They must have had a heads up because this has been happening for weeks!!

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Ricky, JJ and hamza  would also be pure profit 

Don’t think hamza will be in a rush to leave after we extended his deal - think it is 2027.

Ricky P may have takers - but with his age and injuries I doubt we would get much.

3 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

One of the things that has always alarmed me about our owners is that they like to gamble. I think we did exactly that when we tried to break into the Champion League with wages to turnover ratio. It works when you qualify for Europe but the moment you don’t you end up with a bloated, demotivated squad on massive wages who won’t agree to being sold so run down their contracts. It must be very difficult to avoid this fate when you’re a smaller club trying to disrupt the rich six or seven. I expect Brighton, Villa and Newcastle to struggle with this too. 

Yeah it was sustainable whilst selling one big asset per year, unfortunately the well dried up and we were/ are still carrying a lot of dead wood on high wages.

Edited by HankMarvin

Just now, JimmyC74 said:

Don’t think hamza will be in a rush to leave after we extended his deal - think it is 2027.

Ricky P may have takers - but with his age and injuries I doubt we would get much.

Was just listing those older players which are pure profit 

3 minutes ago, adam said:

We can't have many saleable players left. Especially when everyone's wage goes up next season when we get promoted( hopefully)

Worrying times

Vardy, Nacho, Ndidi, Vestergaard, Praet will all be off the books by the end of June. That's probably at least £350k per week saved on wages.

10 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

be nice if some of these journalist started bombarding the likes of Rudkin and Whelan with questions about how we came to this mess, it might force Top to act and hire an actual competent DoF.

As for next season how many millions is due to come off the wage bill on 1st July? Not sure how much we'll actually need to sell 

The journalists have tried multiple times. Even when successful to get Rudkin on record. 

1 hour ago, MancFox24 said:

While this does seem to be a technicality, the important part for me from the ruling was where the EFL argued that we have not disputed that we will be in breach of the upper loss threshold for 23/24. I'm slightly confused about why we would be looking to make enemies of the EFL on a technicality while also trying to get them to be lenient on the substantive point

They are that we were predicted to be and asked us to give them a business plan yo show that we wouldn't breach we refused to give them the business plan

That does not necessarily mean that we don't have a plan to make sure we don't breach and we might still not breach and be fine

2 minutes ago, BertFill said:

It makes not the tiniest bit of difference to anything what a fan thinks.

What i'm getting at is if fans weren't sat with their thumb up their arse and whilst contradicting myself, happy clapping, they could have backed the club into a corner and forced the club to act sooner.

What beggars belief is there are vocally and visibly more people critical of Maresca than they ever were of Rodgers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

The journalists have tried multiple times. Even when successful to get Rudkin on record. 

go above him, contact KPI, parent company and ask them why its subsidiary has been run so poorly

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Going to be quite interesting to see what the eventual outcome of Forest's charge is

As their defence is based around them holding onto Johnson and selling later in the window to get more money - if that defence holds up and they get away with it, I imagine we would then be able to do the same and not have to sell before the end of June

Although I do think they will get nailed for it

It’s inconceivable that they get away with that excuse

i believe that they are basing it on sheff wed some years ago having sold their stadium but the deal not going through till August. However they brought the income into the year ending June 30.  However,  they had all the paperwork in olace with sums agreed and deal signed.   Forest won’t have that from spurs for Johnson