Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

EFL Statement - Club has no obligation to submit and agree business plan

8 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I'm talking about the journalists. we are an asset of KPI, losing this much money but the people in charge not being hauled over the coals for it will look bad to them

Yeah, it’s still not gonna happen. 

57 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

If we were so desperate to sell why would we hold out for more?

Probably because the low ball fee Brighton offered doesn't cover our shortfall......

• Like 1

Just now, Tommy G said:

Rudkin has absolutely everything to lose and nothing to gain from doing an interview with a journalist. 

You can’t do an interview if you are up someone’s arsehole my friend, he’s embedded.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

And this is exactly why it's stupid. I don't like the idea of buying your way to success but the very idea that Newcastle are putting their club's existence in danger by spending is crazy. 

What if Saudi have to admit the the pif is a government body and they are forced to sell their shareholding.  those left in charge may not have the funds to maintain the outlay that the Saudis committed to  - then the club possibly goes into a debt spiral. 

that’s effectively what ffp is supposed to prevent - we know what it really prevents 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lionator said:

It is all a bit of a mockery though. Man City and Newcastle both are owned by people who have literally infinite amounts of money, so what's even the point of sustainability rules for them?

It also makes me wonder how long the likes of Villa, Wolves etc can go on for, and how on earth someone like Bournemouth can be fine given their fanbase size?

I think everyone will get punished to some extent 

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Maybe it's time for King Power to sell...

Who is going to want to buy this club in its current state though? 

33 minutes ago, K789 said:

Makes the tom cannon signing even more baffling 

Maybe they were just trying to give enzo what he asked for, he wanted piroe didn’t he, and maybe cannon was the next best thing. They also probably expected either Daka or Nacho to leave 

• Like 1

FFP and PSR need to get in the ****ing bin. They are screwing the wrong clubs. It's a load of shit, time for mass protests until this shit is cancelled until they think of a way to stop it favouring the big six, it's killing football, they don't want Leicester, they don't want any club competing or trying to compete. We have to abide and sell our best players every year, get to ****. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Maybe it is if we go back up 

but there’s no evidence that the owners could invest more than they already have over the past few years.  I think they’ve put in as much as they are allowed to over the past couple seasons. 

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Shame it’s going this way.

I really wanted this club to have the stadium developments that were planned. Would have given us a unique ground. 

• Like 1

I could understand a league asking for this from a club they feared could go bust during the season, not wanting the situation of voiding results and readjusting relegation numbers etc, protecting the interests of thei league, saying “look, we can’t see how you’re going to make it through the season, please show us how you can do it”. But that’s not what this is so :dunno:.

Besides, do they seriously think a club with international CBs and GK’s sitting around unused but a dearth of creative AM’s / 8’s and who not so long ago gave a fat contract to Ryan Bertrand actually have a business plan :D

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Who is going to want to buy this club in its current state though? 

It doesn't matter who owns the club. We will still be bound by the same shit FFP and PSR rules designed to protect the big six from 'Leicesters'

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yeah, it’s still not gonna happen. 

It's better a journalist tries it rather than sitting there and complaining about no one at the club talking, which many do, if the KPI board gets enough questions it could make them question top over why the companies asset is losing much money yet no senior leadership changes.

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

FFP and PSR need to get in the ****ing bin. They are screwing the wrong clubs. It's a load of shit, time for mass protests until this shit is cancelled until they think of a way to stop it favouring the big six, it's killing football, they don't want Leicester, they don't want any club competing or trying to compete. We have to abide and sell our best players every year, get to ****. 

Selling our best players doesn’t seem to be enough it seems.

I’m hoping Babylon’s version of events is the outcome.

2 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Fundamentally, Leicester city were bought by the company King Power, to improve their business profile and the family’s(or company depending on semantics inclined) own self-esteem or prowess. When the club hits difficult times, they won’t then explain to the supporters why, because they don’t see us as important in their goals set out in the first sentence. For me, donations to hospital, Cathedral renovation etc, I don’t see them as engagement with local community, strictly done for business reasons. I am so worried about the financial management of this club, that I see it as an existential threat to Leicester City. 

This. 
Very few called it from the early days too.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Rudkin has absolutely everything to lose and nothing to gain from doing an interview with a journalist. 

Has helped someone like Dan Ashworth become incredibly popular - to the point his reputation is known in the wider football world and then gets the biggest job of all at Man U. 

Alas Rudkin has his empire at City. Never headhunted, never considered leaving. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

It's better a journalist tries it rather than sitting there and complaining about no one at the club talking, which many do, if the KPI board gets enough questions it could make them question top over why the companies asset is losing much money yet no senior leadership changes.

Top is the CEO of King Power International.

Four of his family are on the board. Those elected onto the board have been installed by Top, his Dad or his Mum. 

They are all making enough money to wash their face and be happy with it. Why the rock the boat from their very protection position of millionaires in a twisted democracy of Thailand? 

I dont really understand all this, but a business plan was surely a good percentage result of the outcome of this review that happened when we got relegated, the fact nothing of note has changed in the upper echelons, would indicate (and I hate to say these next 3 words) "everything is ok", doesn't it?

It all seems on the face of it very stale, going from the best run club, to no comms, relegation, a review that no one really  knows if it happened or not, or it did happen and they just blamed Brodgers for everything, whom we've now moved on, and there's nothing too see here.