Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

EFL Statement - Club has no obligation to submit and agree business plan

This is effectively a statement that ice is cold and water is wet 

We should have sold another academy product last august to project that we would not break championship ffp.  But the club decided that they could push that back to June 2024 before the annual accounts are closed. 

that would have pretty much been the business plan but the efl would no doubt have argued that this is income on a promise rather than any certainty and wouldn’t suffice.  Our arguement is sound - hence we’ve been supported. BUT it does pretty much confirm that we have to get in a big fee for an academy product or player into their second contract  in June (or a player with a year or two left on their first  contract for a very big fee). 

that’s not really news either to most of us. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I’ll try not to lose my head but I tell you why I got fcuked off with the ‘we will be fine’ line. 

Because I care deeply about this football club, its effects on the local economy and local community. We’ve already had one instance in my lifetime where we had administration and fans had to club together in make it somehow still function for a moment. 

So when people have genuine concerns the club is being ran in a poor financial manner which could see us punished and directly affecting that community and economy being told ‘it’s all alright’ and ‘we will be fine’, it’s annoyed me.  There’s harrowing similarities of Epsom ballooning the wage bill to chase after something. Sceptism is healthy and these owners in recent years haven’t been challenged on their decision making enough. It’s such a financial beast now that a set of fans and some very decent people couldn’t save it like we did last time. 

Aye it’s only going to be FFP and points deductions but it has the potential to snowball when you think that Aussie Bank is sucking up the parachute payments and future transfer incoming fee instalments. 

Can't rep this enough.

Just now, st albans fox said:

We should have sold another academy product last august to project that we would not break championship ffp.  But the club decided that they could push that back to June 2024 before the annual accounts are closed. 

that would have pretty much been the business plan but the efl would no doubt have argued that this is income on a promise rather than any certainty and wouldn’t suffice.  Our arguement is sound - hence we’ve been supported. BUT it does pretty much confirm that we have to get in a big fee for an academy product or player into their second contract  in June (or a player with a year or two left on their first  contract for a very big fee). 

It's a hell of a dice to roll in one month with our record of selling players.

well we turned down an offer for Iversen, it wasn't massive but it was pure profit, don't think we have many academy assets to sell

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Oh come on. Lack of foresight is pretty ****ing unforgivable in the jobs they've got.

No one more angry about 22/23 than me, which is why I wasn’t holding Rodger’s solely responsible for our demise 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimmyC74 said:

Problem is given the coverage we would most likely have clubs bidding low ball offers.  Only KDH offers pure profit as an academy player.

We already have a large overhaul job in the summer given players out of contract and little to no room to manoeuvre. 

Ricky, JJ and hamza  would also be pure profit 

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Just take the points deduction and try improve the squad sounds like a not too ridiculous idea?

No idea. 

Thought the same ? Does the problem go away if we just take the point deduction? 

If so take it as we won't be the only ones on minus by the looks of things. 

Just now, BertFill said:

Greedy Seven now. Don't forget Newcastle.

they're in FFP trouble too as they don't have the revenue to actually spend

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If he knew he’d say, he’s just saying it depends on those results. 

He can’t establish a ‘factual’ position given the accounts haven’t been released.

But he can report on conjecture he’s received from in and around the club - and we know he’s well connected within the club and has regularly reported matters with substance when it comes to us.

Add to this the level of losses already known from previously released accounts and the ‘we’re having PSR difficulty’ smoke signals that have been coming from the club itself for years now… it would be foolish to not take this reporting seriously.

Just now, HankMarvin said:

But even if we saw this coming in 22/23 with the lack of transfers, they certainly wouldn’t have factored in a relegation at the end of the season

Fair point but that's what people (powers that be within the club and fans alike) get for thinking "we're too good to go down" or "be careful what you wish for" and not acting sooner removing Rodgers.

If that also got us in trouble with FFP they had to take the wrap on the knuckles one way or another and whether we could afford it or not (As people alluded to last season) I'd imagine sacking Rodgers would have cost a damn sight less the relegation.

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

But even if we saw this coming in 22/23 with the lack of transfers, they certainly wouldn’t have factored in a relegation at the end of the season.

That's exactly it. The relegation wouldn't have been planned for and now we find ourselves in a tough situation. The club did the best they could in the summer to allow us to try and get promoted to get us out of the mess. They wouldn't want to give the EFL a plan of how we get back on track if they don't have to. We will have a month or two at the end of the season to get things in order depending on what league we are in. 

Ricky, JJ and hamza  would also be pure profit 

Hamza would not sure on JJ or Ricky depends on where the amortisation is besides no one offered for any of those 3

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

If and/or when we get punished i'm sure i'll be pretty pissed off but currently i'm struggling to get uppity about it based on;

I personally believe we saw this coming on the horizon and tightened our belts somewhat, hence not spending in 22/23 and regardless of if we have or have not broke any rules or whether we are sailing close to the wind, most other clubs have quite clearly and blatantly over spent way more than ourselves.

Because of that regardless of any punishment we might be given, other clubs might/should be punished harsher.

They're blatantly trying to punish the 'lesser' clubs before looking at the 'bigger' clubs who quite clearly continually break all kinds of rules.

All clubs* will be starting next season on -20.

*Greedy Six exempt.

Exactly this. 

People need to look at Everton as a measuring stick, they’ve blatantly broken the rules… despite numerous warnings from the EPL, and they’ve got a poxy 6 pint deduction…… 

We tried our hardest to curb our spending and ultimately got relegated. 

If Everton and Forest have mitigations, than we will most definitely have mitigations.. 

As @Ric Flair stated, the whole thing is going to collapse, because all that will end up happening is clubs will start throwing other clubs under the bus, and eventually every club will end up breaching FFP. What needs to happen, is all 20 PL clubs state in a meeting that they won’t comply with the rules, and surely then it’s ****ed? They can’t punish 20 clubs. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Going to be quite interesting to see what the eventual outcome of Forest's charge is

As their defence is based around them holding onto Johnson and selling later in the window to get more money - if that defence holds up and they get away with it, I imagine we would then be able to do the same and not have to sell before the end of June

Although I do think they will get nailed for it

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Fair point but that's what people (powers that be within the club and fans alike) get for thinking "we're too good to go down" or "be careful what you wish for" and not acting sooner removing Rodgers.

It makes not the tiniest bit of difference to anything what a fan thinks.

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Club doing the equivalent of 'play like this and we'll be fine'.

On the one-year anniversary of the tweet, too lol

• Haha 1

We can't have many saleable players left. Especially when everyone's wage goes up next season when we get promoted( hopefully)

Worrying times

3 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Problem is given the coverage we would most likely have clubs bidding low ball offers.  Only KDH offers pure profit as an academy player.

We already have a large overhaul job in the summer given players out of contract and little to no room to manoeuvre. 

Getting relegated does that anyway. According to what I heard, we did well with the Barnes and Maddison deals. Perhaps a £25m sale of KDH puts us with limits