Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

EFL Statement - Club has no obligation to submit and agree business plan

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

I’d snap your hand off for that now though.

Go up, consolidate, rely on loans, give youngsters a chance and hope for a miracle. Or drop down in a much better financial situation and rebuild…. seems ridiculous as this was supposed to be the rebuild platform but looks like we’ve messed it all up again. 

Hope that Everton and Forest stay up and also get docked points. Battle of the rule breakers. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Last few years of King Powers ownership has been a complete shambles as I said the other day

Not sure how it’s deniable now

Have you actually read the judgement?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

I’d snap your hand off for that now though.

Go up, consolidate, rely on loans, give youngsters a chance and hope for a miracle. Or drop down in a much better financial situation and rebuild…. seems ridiculous as this was supposed to be the rebuild platform but looks like we’ve messed it all up again. 

We need to hope we can sell KDH promote likes of Braybrooke and finish anywhere above 17th.

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

EFL think we are going to break P&S. They think that they can demand a business plan from us to show how we plan on solve it. Turns out they can’t do that.

Good job really, I doubt there is a plan.

Plan? We can't even get t-shirt cannons to work properly on a match day 😆 They've got no hope of us plotting a sound financial framework for the next 12 months 🫠

5 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Last few years of King Powers ownership has been a complete shambles as I said the other day

Not sure how it’s deniable now

Trying to compete with the top 6 is why we are where we are. You can’t blame the club for being ambitious, the misjudgement is lack of foresight. 
In reality this season they’ve played a blinder, they’ve given us the best opportunity of getting ourselves out of this, hopefully if we don’t get promoted, sales of KDH, Daka will see us comply, but we’ll have to realise we’ll be looking at a long term plan to get promoted again.

28 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

who knows what is going on l! 

Absolutely nobody.

The better reporters, like Percy, actually say as much in their pieces.

The less good ones speculate and sensationalise.

FoxesTalk posters, meanwhile, lurch wildly between 'nothing to worry about' and 'there won't be a club this time next year.'

• Thanks 1

Just now, splinterdream said:

Trying to compete with the top 6 is why we are where we are. You can’t blame the club for being ambitious, the misjudgement is lack of foresight. 
In reality this season they’ve played a blinder, they’ve given us the best opportunity of getting ourselves out of this, hopefully if we don’t get promoted, sales of KDH, Daka will see us comply, but we’ll have to realise we’ll be looking at a long term plan to get promoted again.

How much do you think daka will go for as bit part player in the championship?

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Oh come on. Lack of foresight is pretty ****ing unforgivable in the jobs they've got.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

The authorities have never forgiven us for breaking up the cartel in 15/16 and will stop at nothing until we're destroyed.

Yeah, it was them who forced John Rudkin to negotiate an average weekly wage bill that could choke a police horse.

• Haha 1

It won't be long until the whole modern football bubble bursts into pieces. Ofc the usual corrupted suspects will blame the Qataris, the Saudis, some aliens etc. It took them 15 years to find out that Russians weren't angels while all this time they were happily accepting every kind of lobbying from them. 

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'm not so sure lol

He seemed genuinely surprised he wouldn't be able to splash out on more players in Jan.

He continuously said he can’t bring anyone in unless we sell. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

If and/or when we get punished i'm sure i'll be pretty pissed off but currently i'm struggling to get uppity about it based on the facts;

I personally believe we saw this coming on the horizon and tightened our belts somewhat, hence not spending in 22/23 and regardless of if we have or have not broke any rules or whether we are sailing close to the wind, most other clubs have quite clearly and blatantly over spent way more than ourselves.

Because of that regardless of any punishment we might be given other clubs might/should be punished harsher.

They're blatantly trying to punish the 'lesser' clubs before looking at the 'bigger' clubs who quite clearly continually break all kinds of rules.

All clubs* will be starting next season on -20.

*Greedy Six exempt.

But even if we saw this coming in 22/23 with the lack of transfers, they certainly wouldn’t have factored in a relegation at the end of the season

Just now, HankMarvin said:

How much do you think daka will go for as bit part player in the championship?

I get it, obviously KDH is our best asset, we don’t know to what level if any we’d breach. It does seem daft that if you’re relegated with a huge wage bill, and you can’t shift your players, you’re punished. Madders, Castagne  and Barnes must have brought us close to complying though I’d imagine 

be nice if some of these journalist started bombarding the likes of Rudkin and Whelan with questions about how we came to this mess, it might force Top to act and hire an actual competent DoF.

As for next season how many millions is due to come off the wage bill on 1st July? Not sure how much we'll actually need to sell 

Edited by Jimmy

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Problem is given the coverage we would most likely have clubs bidding low ball offers.  Only KDH offers pure profit as an academy player.

We already have a large overhaul job in the summer given players out of contract and little to no room to manoeuvre. 

2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Yeah, it was them who forced John Rudkin to negotiate an average weekly wage bill that could choke a police horse.

Rudkin and the board should have been more aggressive after the season we won it. We should have start spending like crazy, attracting big names, keeping our star players. We would have been several times in Champions League and have 115 charges with a decision coming in 2077. 

Oh wait.