Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Just a question..Why is everybody complaining, whining & finding fault.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Globalfox said:

Everyone is not moaning a handful of people on social media is not everyone. So the question is flawed. Those of us not moaning as well as those who do have legitimate observations. It’s football some are right some are wrong. Some are driven by inadequate journalistic speculation. I learnt Tuesday night how tightly the club control journalist access and I bet there are many revel in petty revenge and false stories. You pays your money you have the right to opinions but just like the Fans Consultative Council on line forums represent a small portion of the fan base. Moan away it’s entertaining.

I reckon I have become  a really old codger …

.A few yrs ago I said the same..on immature media ,soap-opera punditry & on the entertainment value..

but since those so innocent amusing yrs…Going on an exchange of club’s football fortunes it’s shot right

OTT..and for me become banal..

Other  topics are ok…but the straight forward “Leicester city forum“has gone beyond reoccuring

OTT hateful critic towards its very own…

Alls fair in love & war plus peoples fears, I do understand….but it’s lost its youthful positive vibrance

I am but an old wry  fox…..where I just see the major Forums topic thread just lost its purpose,

and as a Brit the forum as seemingly lost its meaning & healthy Wit..

Its gone beyond….that “one step beyond”

To you all…I do understand even accept every comment through this topic,

I don’t  really expect people to stop…Maybe just a regathering of thoughts

& slipping in some sort of check point…

”Precious”  has lost somewhat that sparkle & it’s shine..

Edited by fuchsntf

4 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

A team that seems to be in free fall, out of sorts with players soon to be out of contract, no money to spend and a points deduction on the horizon. I’ve no idea why people are upset!

Based on the Sunderland and Hull results, if we’re in free fall then we have a very strong parachute. Yes the Boro, Leeds, QPR run was wild but the team are still mentally there and are getting a break now. 

I think people (especially when on the internet) find it far easier to moan than say positive stuff. Just human nature.

Maybe most Leicester fans ran out of serotonin after we won the Prem.

11 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Just find it weird we started at the beginning of the season

and keep finding ways of having a good moan..

Why bother being a fan…

7 months gone…Ain’t we got something better to do.

many only go as football is now trendy to say your going or been , loads arrive at 5 mins in leave at 10 plus added time to go with  lcfc shopping  bags so the fans store is doing well so club aint worried , the moaning is people who just like attention or they play or played  once and think they could do better ( i loved to play but wasn't good enough for school or pub team aka crap) so appreciate these lads who do it as a profession, were top of 2nd division fac qtr. finalists and if it ends we are still in div 2 next season so be it , all are entitled to an opinion mind maybe for hour n half tho remember supporters support where fans blow out dead air and eventually pack in. coyb .   

12 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Why bother being a fan…

If it was all Rose's and wine we wouldn't need FT, absolutely nothing wrong with raising issues, having a whinge, raising questions and seeing everyone's take on it, I'd say people have various points etc, because they love the club, no one likes a yes man, say it how it is as long as it's not offensive or disrespectful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LC1884FC said:

"we were in league 1 once"

and the real deals kept the faith friend didnt we ?  , and 4 trophies later we have been rewarded in a way never dared to dream , been all over watchin us away so had my time but enjoy the day sunday folk and the run in easter onward , it can be fun , win or loose wel av a ................ you know the rest

1 minute ago, leatherhead32 said:

and the real deals kept the faith friend didnt we ?  , and 4 trophies later we have been rewarded in a way never dared to dream , been all over watchin us away so had my time but enjoy the day sunday folk and the run in easter onward , it can be fun , win or loose wel av a ................ you know the rest

5 trophies forgot the shield as gave that a miss . greedy bugas aint we :trumpet:

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'd say most people's gripes recently fall into these categories:

- getting relegated with the most expensive squad in history

- continued mistakes from the board

- financial mismanagement to the point of points deduction

- women's team manager shagging a player (again)

Which of those are unreasonable expectations?

There's more "minor" stuff as well as outlined in here: https://www.thefosseway.net/viewpoint/leicester-city-changes-top, again is it unreasonable for fans to not want us to be fined by the Competition and Markets Authority or to not want us to do deals with shady gambling firms? 

No wonder the owner got away with that "don't have a go at me" statement when we got relegated.

All the people who criticise Enzo so loudly. It’s not as if he isn’t delivering in his job. 

5 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

Yeah being top of the league, in a FA quarter final, players who look like they want to be here and are enjoying football again, I can see your point!

I remember we were flying pretty high in the PL around this time of year in 2001 before losing to Wycombe in the FA cup 1/4 final. We subsequently went on to lose the next 9/10 league matches. Old foxes have plenty of scars.  (By the way - I am in no way equating Enzo to Taylor - I'm just saying it's understandable for some to be a bit paranoid).

Edited by trabuch

6 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

A team that seems to be in free fall, out of sorts with players soon to be out of contract, no money to spend and a points deduction on the horizon. I’ve no idea why people are upset!

Team-

At this stage of the season players that regularly play just get tired.. they are human afterall. I would blame the ineffectiveness of the subs and not being good enough quite frankly. A good example was when indidi got injured, we lost that security in the mid-field, we somehow patched that up but there was definately a balance shift, also teams just get found out, after so many games, only the very good can maintain it, and we are just not there yet.

Money/FFP-
LCFC ownership have this unmoveable deflective shield or accountability and we let them get away with too much scrutiny, all down to sentiment of obvious stories in the recent past but this dodgy money related issue has been going on since 2013-14 when we got found out by the EFL.. last year with the CMA shirt sponsorship which we got found guilty (owners denied involvement) and now this recent FFP for last season, the mismanagement of this club is an absolute joke and our transfers and how last minute everything is, a total embarrasment. I have said it for a long time, these owners need to go, and they just dont have the funds to sustain our ambitions, not there fault, just how football has grown into some HUGE money swinder scheme for the mega rich, its not businesses that buy clubs its countries..... time to go. thanks for the memories, but i dont like these dodgy dealing tax avoidant owners. they got found out once again. k thanks

Edited by Simoken

27 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I remember we were flying pretty high in the PL around this time of year in 2001 before losing to Wycombe in the FA cup 1/4 final. We subsequently went on to lose the next 9/10 league matches. Old foxes have plenty of scars.  (By the way - I am in no way equating Enzo to Taylor - I'm just saying it's understandable for some to be a bit paranoid).

I remember at the time on some forums (eg foxfanxine) people were saying we needed to keep perspective and stop whinging, Taylor had done a good job overall 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Why bother being a fan…

Hmm cant think why, maybe I need to unplug my ears and I will know?

https://www.thefosseway.net/viewpoint/leicester-city-changes-top

Edited by Chrysalis

6 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

I’m saying why people are moaning, I appreciate myself that we are doing well in other aspects but we do face a bleak future possibly. Get your head out of the sand and perhaps see both sides of the argument. 

I see both sides of the argument. I just don't see that we are in free fall. The last 10 years have spoilt us with the success on and off the field, we are have a slight wobble on the pitch, the financial situation may or may not be correct, so until I hear otherwise from the club, rather than newspaper click bait, I'll stay optimistic. So at the end of the day, I'm not going to whine and moan as there are far more things in the world to be concerned about.

It's just football in general that I find disenchanting now!

Money has completely ruined it.

Real sad state of affairs when you're not actually looking forward to your club getting promoted!   .. back to the complete nonsense/farce of the poxy PL.

• Like 3

Also, it's just discussion. 

The mood of the discussion tends to reflect what's happening at the football club. 

News about a dire financial situation, a crap run of form, and a lot of uncertainty around the immediate future is of course going to stir up negativity.  

I don't really get threads like this TBH. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LC1884FC said:

"we were in league 1 once"

We were, and winning that is still the worst league position in our history we've ever finished in.  But no doubt, they'll be someone back then saying we should be delighted to be in league one and winning it. 

It's all swings and roundabouts, the Leicester city business plan must be conducted on a snakes and ladders game board. It's all we've ever known, well those that have been around long enough. 

I do get why young fans especially will bemoan our current situation,  they've only ever known better times. And in many ways, they're right to think like that.

We have thrown away a massive opportunity, no doubt about that.

51 minutes ago, weller54 said:

It's just football in general that I find disenchanting now!

Money has completely ruined it.

Real sad state of affairs when you're not actually looking forward to your club getting promoted!   .. back to the complete nonsense/farce of the poxy PL.

I agree with you. It's hard to tolerate when Man C & Man U can spend hundreds of millions  & we are struggling to spend 2 million. It's very strange that it's the bottom of the table clubs like Nottingham, Everton & Leicester are being targeted. The next set of clubs will be the ones who are trying to crash the party such as Villa & Newcastle . The League will continue to protect the big boys !!

• Like 1