Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

KFC Extortionate Prices!

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed just how ridiculously expensive KFC is now. You're looking at some meals nearly £11 that were half that price a few years a go (I know prices have risen but come on!)

If you download the app there were always some deals to be had - for example, you could get an £11 meal for maybe £7 or £8 at times which made it an option. 

I've noticed this last offer update all these have gone and you're left with some rubbish meal deal with a small bland burger, crisps (not even fries) and a drink and it's still quite expensive at £5.50.

Anyway, I used to enjoy a KFC every now and then but that's it for me now so probably good for my health in the long run.

I just can't see how anyone can afford to eat there anymore!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

It's pretty much more expensive at any restaurant since covid. Some places have resisted raising rates but with inflation as well shit happens. At least over here in Canada this is what i see.

One of them where everything is getting more expensive, wages aren't increasing by anywhere near the same level.

Then they wonder why people cut things like takeaways out, and we get the old "use it or lose it" crap 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, StanSP said:

KFC must be devastated! 

I hope Colonol  Sanders reads FT and he PMs me to find my local airport to fly in and make things right. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

most KFC are based in motorway services and retail parks and they like to bump the prices up. bet you dont see too many on a high street any more - is the Leicester high street one still open?

I do enjoy a KFC but, as stated, value for money is non existent and often the quality is poor. Unless you get a 18pc bargain bucket but then i sweat for days if i polish one of those off

• Like 1

Same with all fast food joints now, I don’t get why anyone would eat such disgusting stuff and get fleeced in the process. There is a top notch restaurant in my area that you can comfortably get a main at for 10-13 and when I say it’s nice I mean it is absolutely stunning. I’ve not got a maccies for years. I liked whoppers but they’re like a tenner now. No chance. This is profiteering based on brand recognition and it’s working. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

If you think KFC is bad, try more upmarket fast food places like TGIs.

Bad sign when I went onto their website to check prices and they don't list them! 

Edited by Collymore

It's annoying when you order a large pizza online, from an established pizza chain, and when it comes it looks very medium-sized.

Edited by Wymsey
Clarification

43 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

If there was ever a premier league of junk food, then KFC would firmly be in the relegation zone. Utter pig sh!t food. 

Is that not the point of junk food, when you know its shit but fancy some proper filth

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Same with all fast food joints now, I don’t get why anyone would eat such disgusting stuff and get fleeced in the process. There is a top notch restaurant in my area that you can comfortably get a main at for 10-13 and when I say it’s nice I mean it is absolutely stunning. I’ve not got a maccies for years. I liked whoppers but they’re like a tenner now. No chance. This is profiteering based on brand recognition and it’s working. 

If thats case then I hope you appreciate what you have is incredibly rare value for money. 

35 minutes ago, Nalis said:

If thats case then I hope you appreciate what you have is incredibly rare value for money. 

Absolutely it is a little known jewel right near me and incredible value for money. But these places do exist. You can get a really nice meal out at lots of places for only a smidgen more than a ‘meal’ from a dreadful take away place like McDonald’s.

45 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Is that not the point of junk food, when you know its shit but fancy some proper filth

Yeah exactly. The feeling of immense shame that washes over you after a KFC is a huge part of the appeal imo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1