Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

6 Games Left! - We are top with a game in hand!

It's simple now. We can get 1 fewer point than either Ipswich or Leeds get from their remaining games, and we have an extra game with which to do it.

Leeds can't reach 102 so 4 wins and 2 draws sees us promoted and likely Champions.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nalis said:

At the minute I am thinking

we draw against Southampton and Preston

Ipswich draw against Coventry

Leeds draw against Boro

All other games are wins for the top 3.

Leicester 102

Ipswich 100

Leeds 99

:fc:

I would be amazed if all 3 teams don't lose another game before the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

I would be amazed if all 3 teams don't lose another game before the end of the season. 

There will be more dropped points for sure. Teams at the bottom and pushing for playoffs will all be dangerous. No one has easy games.

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

All teams finish on the same points, with the same goal difference and the only way to decide it is for everyone to go to Rome and reopen the Colosseum!

Are you not entertained!?

29 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

All teams finish on the same points, with the same goal difference and the only way to decide it is for everyone to go to Rome and reopen the Colosseum!

Are you not entertained!?

I reckon it would be settled by a soggy biscuit shoot off in La Manga 

1 minute ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

6 to play - either 4 wins 2 draws or 5 wins would give us promotion 

If Ipswich drop points only once, so 13pts for them max (W4 D1), 4 wins and 2 losses for us will be enough for automatic promotion

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TrentFox said:

People seem alarmingly confident on this week’s games. Both Millwall and Plymouth are in genuine danger of relegation. They will scrap so hard and give it their all. Dropping points here puts us right back in the pack. Massive games. Massive. 

Did we "scrap so hard" last season?

• Haha 1

The OP has clearly had a nightmare here, so can we all give some constructive feedback.

My takeaway for you is abbreviate long names, Soton for Southampton is much more eye friendly on a spreadsheet.

It's also important to acknowledge the positivity of the original post, whilst few of us would have been informed by the, albeit incorrectly spelt, title of the thread, many of us would have felt a sense of enlightenment at the realisation we are "too with a game in hand".

Edited by Foxmeister

Problem with results like today is that it puts lots more pressure on the game in hand vs Southampton. And I don't trust that we'll do what's required even if they'll be on the beach with a playoff position secured. 

• Like 2

We've blown our free hit and somehow we get another one thanks to Leeds drawing.

4 wins will do it but as mentioned, it's hard to see where those 4 wins come from since we haven't comfortably won a game since Sheff Wed in early Feb

Edited by Nalis

3 wins IMO does it, means Leeds need to win every game to finish above us, they have Blackburn and Southampton at home, QPR and Boro away

5 hours ago, Brooksy said:

Has a team ever gone up automatically losing 10 games?

Yes, a few times in the last 10 years alone.

Sheffield United 22/23 - Lost 11 - Finished 2nd

Fulham 21/22 - Lost 10 - Winners 

Cardiff 17/18 - Lost 10 - Finished 2nd

Newcastle 16/17 - Lost 10 - Winners 

Watford 14/15 - Lost 11 - Finished 2nd

• Like 2