Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

6 Games Left! - We are top with a game in hand!

16 minutes ago, Sly said:
Week Leicester Southampton Leeds Ipswich
40   Coventry    
41 Millwall Watford    
42 Plymouth Preston Sunderland Watford
43 West Brom Cardiff Blackburn Middlesborough
44 Southampton Leicester Middlesborough Coventry
45 Preston Stoke QPR Hull
46 Blackburn Leeds Southampton Huddlesfield

So Leeds play Sunderland and Ipswich play Watford the week after we play Millwall. Is that right?

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

So Leeds play Sunderland and Ipswich play Watford the week after we play Millwall. Is that right?

Nope! 

Sly's Saturday night has taken a turn for the worse. 

• Haha 3

Now that we are back top i’m just viewing southampton as a bonus game, which is very nice.

Leeds have a pretty easy run now up until the last game and i’d guess southampton won’t be playing for much in that moment.

I think ipswich’s run in is the worst of the bunch. if hull are within 6 points of playoffs and huds still in a relegation scrap, then they’ve really got to be very good to get through it. 

There won’t be easy games this season as the teams at the bottom will all be scrapping and that is basically the full bottom half. 

only teams likely to be on the beach early are rotherham, watford, sunderland, cardiff and bristol. A fair bit to play for for everyone else at this point.

Edited by Lambert09

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Now that we are back top i’m just viewing southampton as a bonus game, which is very nice.

Leeds have a pretty easy run now up until the last game and i’d guess southampton won’t be playing for much in that moment.

I think ipswich’s run in is the worst of the bunch. if hull are within 6 points of playoffs and huds still in a relegation scrap, then they’ve really got to be very good to get through it. 

There won’t be easy games this season as the teams at the bottom will all be scrapping and that is basically the full bottom half. 

only teams likely to be on the beach early are rotherham, watford, sunderland, cardiff and bristol. A fair bit to play for for everyone else at this point.

I can see the likes of Middlesbrough and Blackburn being tough games for Leeds, even QPR if they are in a relegation dog fight and desperately need the three points, Ipswich have the tougher remaining fixtures on paper.

McKenna said on Friday that they had suffered a virus in the camp so they may have been a little down on energy yesterday 

we have to basically keep taking 4 from 6 which brings us to 100 (I am aware that I’ve previously said 96 pts would be sufficient- that could still be the case) 

if Leeds and Ipswich both get to 101 then we truly would, be cursed this season! 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

I can see Leeds winning their final 5, potentially a slip up against Boro.

Ipswich however, have a tough run in, and those two away games at Hull and Cov will be difficult. Could do with a Norwich loss to keep the play off race open at that point.

I've said it in other threads but I'm of the firm belief that 100 will get automatic promotion. 4 wins needed.

13 minutes ago, Product of 84 said:

Win our next two and the pressure builds on Ipswich and Leeds. Especially, as we play before them. 

Only need to win all our games in April

2 down with 5 to go

1 minute ago, TrentFox said:

People seem alarmingly confident on this week’s games. Both Millwall and Plymouth are in genuine danger of relegation. They will scrap so hard and give it their all. Dropping points here puts us right back in the pack. Massive games. Massive. 

Tend to agree, those that play the most mid table teams should have the easiest journey from here. However, if we can continue to gain momentum, I will not worry as much.

5 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

People seem alarmingly confident on this week’s games. Both Millwall and Plymouth are in genuine danger of relegation. They will scrap so hard and give it their all. Dropping points here puts us right back in the pack. Massive games. Massive. 

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Tend to agree, those that play the most mid table teams should have the easiest journey from here. However, if we can continue to gain momentum, I will not worry as much.

The four that follow are probably easier for these reasons

that's why I’d be ok taking 4 from 6 pts this week and giving Ricky Tuesday off

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

McKenna said on Friday that they had suffered a virus in the camp so they may have been a little down on energy yesterday 

we have to basically keep taking 4 from 6 which brings us to 100 (I am aware that I’ve previously said 96 pts would be sufficient- that could still be the case) 

if Leeds and Ipswich both get to 101 then we truly would, be cursed this season! 

I think we will need 100 points to be certain of promotion unless one (Ipswich) now falls off a cliff (unlikely).

I don’t suppose it’s you behind the clubs financial spreadsheets? Were the ticketing invoices we send to Huddlesfield FC ever paid? Removing Red coloured type from the negative balance figures didn’t help either.
Rudkin, you’re off the hook we’ve found the true cause.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

One with times and dates of each matchScreenshot_20240407_081011_Sheets.jpg.aeb2177ac7a73589cc81103a6c129806.jpg

Massive week for us. 2 winnable teams but 2 who are fighting for survival. Win them both and things look very nice. I doubt we'll make it easy! 

At the minute I am thinking

we draw against Southampton and Preston

Ipswich draw against Coventry

Leeds draw against Boro

All other games are wins for the top 3.

Leicester 102

Ipswich 100

Leeds 99

:fc:

• Like 1