Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!

I’m going to miss the championship, it is an unbelievable league.

I think a lot of us including probably myself will look back on this season and think that we didn’t enjoy it as much as we should have. Been some incredible moments, even though we made it hard at the end, for that Southampton game alone it was worth it. 

Back in the ‘big time’ though with the most unpredictable summer ahead and it’s exciting. 

• Like 2

Just now, worth_the_wait said:

Most of us didn't romanticise the lack of VAR.   We absolutely loved the lack of VAR.

They loved the lack of VAR when it went for us, but when something was abhorrently called wrong it was missed 

38 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Enjoyed this season more than the Premier League.

Would I want to be here indefinitely,  absolutely not, but it's definitely a better all round experience than the Premier league. 

We've enjoyed it because we've been winning, I said for years, even when we were in the Premier League previously, the Championship is a far better, more exciting and compelling league than the Premier League, as a neutral. 

It's like our season in League One, that's still up there with one of my favourite seasons ever but we only wanted to be there for one season.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, trooky said:

Why even support a team with this attitude.

Mistakes happen, the club was chasing an impossible dream after the title win and trying to establish themselves as a top six club.

IMO it's better to have tried and failed than never have tried at all. 

The last 10 years have been the best in the clubs history.

Most of the people on here that constantly moan about how bad the club is run, would have been moaning even more I’m sure if we  hadn’t gone for it this season. Sold KDH in the summer and put the kids in for the season. 
Instead, we are back promoted and have made good signings of which most will have increased in value. 

The Championship is not all bad but being in PL gives a shot at European competition. Those lucky enough to get to Eindhoven/Madrid/Bruges/Seville etc etc will have memories to treasure. It's not a guarantee but it's possible and something to aspire to if we can stay up in 24/25, consolidate and build. West Ham are not one of the big hitters in the PL but have had a lot of Euro trips. On the downside VAR isn't great but its implementation might start to improve.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

They loved the lack of VAR when it went for us, but when something was abhorrently called wrong it was missed 

I might not speak for everyone, but I've been consistently saying this season when shite decisions went against us that I'd rather that than the sterile mess that is VAR.

I'm going to miss being able to celebrate goals organically. Championship clubs just don't understand how much VAR checks ruin those moments... Well, maybe Cov fans do. :thumbup:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

If the rats that jumped the sinking ship had played like the present team 

The sentiment on this forum was very different a fortnight ago. In addition to the standard singling out and pillorying of players/squad witch hunt, a ridiculous poll with the mob demanding the manager's head on a plate we actually (mercifully briefly) had a thread about being done with City. In spite of the fact that our form plummeted and we got stuck in reverse gear, we were still in the title race, and for the large part, top of the league. Utterly unbelievable. If this forum is an actual reflection of our fan base, it must surely be the shittest, most fickle and fair weather  in the entire nation. 

I feel like celebrating Pompey's promotion more than ours - simply because their supporters stuck by the club for decades and deserve it. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Danny Ward celebrating strongly for a man responsible for us being relegated and playing 0 minutes this year 

We need to make him feel unwelcome. Take your £ and fook off to Wrexham