Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jayfox26

LCFC 0-2 Blackburn. Bring on the trophy

11 hours ago, Blueman1967 said:

Why do you not go to the game, and see it live

You’re aware some fans live a long way away right? 

Not to mention the club have made it very difficult for people to get tickets (hence the work by UFS and Foxes Trust).

• Like 2

Too be fair I am giving everyone a free hit, on this, we had done the business and you could sense that we were 5/10% off it and I include the fans as well, it was almost like the game got in the way. However with the exception of the first 10 minutes and the 2 goals I thought we played ok,. Truth is we made emotionally driven subs that wouldn’t normally happen which also impacted our tempo and fluidity. However we still created more than enough chances to win.  I am not sure either goal is scored if there was anything riding on the result because Vesty would have wiped out Smodiczs and taken a yellow (if he had done that yesterday then I think that would have been 15 yellows and a 3 game ban incoming) and Mads also would have done the same for the 2nd but would have been sent off and 3 game ban which in the circumstances would have been complete and utter stupidity. 

Of course it was disappointing to lose and end the season with a defeat but I am not going to start being all reactionary and I would hope decisions about what we need and who we retain for next season is being based on data and analysis of the 46 game season as a whole. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

Got to ground earlier than usual but programme had sold out, see there’s already some on eBay , any word of spares or re-stocks please message :fc:

Same here, my lads got every home programme, got there at 11.45 & they were all gone. I'm going to email club to see if they have anymore or if they intend to do a re-print.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

Got to ground earlier than usual but programme had sold out, see there’s already some on eBay , any word of spares or re-stocks please message :fc:

4 minutes ago, steve555 said:

Same here, my lads got every home programme, got there at 11.45 & they were all gone. I'm going to email club to see if they have anymore or if they intend to do a re-print.

I asked in the shop post match and was told they might run another print of them and to look for news on the website.

• Like 1

Yesterday was the perfect example of an on the beach performance. We'd already had 2 celebrations and everyone was just waiting for the final whistle. We got there early but for the first time didn't pay much attention to the warm ups or the lineups. With nothing on the line, we had all mentally checked out of the match pretty quickly. It was a crap match and we played like we were on the training ground. Very few players went for 50/50 tackles or anything that looked 'strenuous'.  Subs were for old times sake rather than the right choices. Lovely to see Sharkey but after the initial few crosses you could see why he hasn't been playing. Same with Nacho. 

Really no point losing any sleep over it, and calling of it being unprofessional is silly. Lots of Champions have lost on the beach games (and even look at the likes of Brighton in the PL right now who have won nothing). I do agree the atmosphere got a little flat but amusingly got much louder after Blackburn scored their 2nd.

Only thing, i wonder if the game would have been 0-0 if Stolarczyk had played. He seems to have the midas touch with clean sheets for us :) 

Loved seeing the trophy (we had a good view in H1) and amazing to celebrate - for my son he's never seen anything like this before. Had a good few pints in town singing 'Champions ole' - great feeling all round.

Can't believe how long it will be until the next match :nono:

• Like 2

Felt a bit weird to me, took ages to get the stand up and then had about 500 hangers on sent onto the pitch. 

Then the same 5 songs on repeat was just strange.

Loved the players down in front of SK1 though, payoff for a season of hard hard work in there. Seen people moaning all the players were down there, shouldn't have left early for the 20 proceeding games then lads lol

• Like 4

15 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Sounds a little bit like Penis Envy.

Leicester taking the title was not news.....Ipswich was... It's how television works.

Television works on the basis of advertising returns. Leicester has a huge catchment area compared to Ipswich. They'd have got more 'bums on seats' showing our game. But maybe they really went for football relevance.

8 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Television works on the basis of advertising returns. Leicester has a huge catchment area compared to Ipswich. They'd have got more 'bums on seats' showing our game. But maybe they really went for football relevance.

No neutral would have had any interest in seeing us in a match that made no difference to our situation, or in what felt like a pretty implausible chance of Blackburn going down. But a side that haven't been in the Prem for 20 years getting promotion at Leeds' expense? Lots of people would have wanted to see that. If it was any other team in our position, would you have rather watched them or the Ipswich match?

3 hours ago, Motty said:

The amount of moaning on here is unreal. "Happy clappers"!!!

Why can't we celebrate cos they lost.

The amount of posts saying teams playing Leeds,Ipswich,Southampton would be on the beach with nothing to play for.

Then we are on the beach. 

We won the championship for a record 8th time.

We are not entitled to belittle the championship. We are not entitled to be in the Premier league.

The owners who are getting absolutely lambasted on here, have given this club the most successful period in its history.

They tried to live with the big boys and Brendan threw 2 big chances to be top 4 away.

So now we have to pay a price for that.

How has some of the fan base become so arrogant as not to celebrate what other clubs are only dreaming of achieving.

I celebrated the whole game and then the whole time till I left the ground. Then while waiting in the pub for my lift home.

Happy clapper you bet

Go back to your sad lives and not celebrate its your choice.

But don't belittle those of us who know what it takes to win anything in football.

Ask Spurs fans.

I might well not be alive when we win something again.:scarf::appl:

Championees Championees Ole Ole

I know some fans think only of our recent past(say last 10 years or so) and expect us to compete in the top half of the Premier league without  many stumbles. Us older types probably see the back history a bit more. My view is that we should celebrate our championship win fully

• Like 2

19 hours ago, sishades said:

I would love to but living over 130 miles from the ground, earning minimum wage, and the complete lack of tickets (I no longer have a season ticket) make it very difficult to get to the ground. 

Edit. I am also nearly 60 years old, and I scream, yell and bounce up and down just as much as I did when I was younger. So much so that I actually passed out a few weeks back. !!!

Fair play, great you are still following us, hope your steams saying working for you.

8 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

You’re aware some fans live a long way away right? 

Not to mention the club have made it very difficult for people to get tickets (hence the work by UFS and Foxes Trust).

Yes very aware, as we have supporters group every where, when l read the post, l didn't know know he lived far away, l spoken to fans that have travelled great distances to go to games, that l greatly admire.

7 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Only thing, i wonder if the game would have been 0-0 if Stolarczyk had played. He seems to have the midas touch with clean sheets for us

I have a been a little concerned with Hermansen in this 2nd half of the season. He just hasn't quite pulled off those dramatic saves he was earlier. 

Feels like he has become easier to score against. Maybe it is just because he set the bar so high or the defence leaking more chances. 

Hope he kicks on next season, as he will need to. 

9 hours ago, Motty said:

The amount of moaning on here is unreal. "Happy clappers"!!!

Why can't we celebrate cos they lost.

The amount of posts saying teams playing Leeds,Ipswich,Southampton would be on the beach with nothing to play for.

Then we are on the beach. 

We won the championship for a record 8th time.

We are not entitled to belittle the championship. We are not entitled to be in the Premier league.

The owners who are getting absolutely lambasted on here, have given this club the most successful period in its history.

They tried to live with the big boys and Brendan threw 2 big chances to be top 4 away.

So now we have to pay a price for that.

How has some of the fan base become so arrogant as not to celebrate what other clubs are only dreaming of achieving.

I celebrated the whole game and then the whole time till I left the ground. Then while waiting in the pub for my lift home.

Happy clapper you bet

Go back to your sad lives and not celebrate its your choice.

But don't belittle those of us who know what it takes to win anything in football.

Ask Spurs fans.

I might well not be alive when we win something again.:scarf::appl:

Championees Championees Ole Ole

This is exactly what people are forgetting (bit in bold). The owners dared to compete with the artificially elevated, cash rich clubs and gave it a go. Instead of critiscing how the club is financially run perhaps show some respect for the ambition to take us to the next level. Yep, a heavy price is being paid but it was worth the gamble. 

Great post, btw.

• Like 3