Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jayfox26

LCFC 0-2 Blackburn. Bring on the trophy

9 minutes ago, Foxy_jim said:

I felt sorry for those not in the kop or East stand corner near the kop, as all the post match action was there. 

I sit in G1 and could see the West Stand and Family Stand beginning to empty as they seemed to think they would never move on. 

I can’t remember them hanging around so much in 2016. 

28 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Well, that was a damp squib.

After all the euphoria earlier in the week of becoming Champions without actually kicking a ball I thought at the very least they'd want to go out on a high.

Obviously, the team had other ideas.

Need to concentrate on the Premier League now or we could find ourselves being a yo-yo Club as before.

I don’t think they went out to purposely concede the 3 points. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Livid said:

I sit in G1 and could see the West Stand and Family Stand beginning to empty as they seemed to think they would never move on. 

I can’t remember them hanging around so much in 2016. 

We waited for 45 mins in the West Stand after the trophy lift and only Coady and Hermansen came by and no trophy in sight. Bit disappointing really.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

To get back up as Champions has been a huge feat, considering the shambles Rodgers snuck away from. A manager new to management, a hugely changed side and the expectation we might be floundering in mid-table by October. All that has been avoided. Remember that a good manager creates good teams - not good players. Cloughie could turn a wayward player into an accomplished one and Fergie could keep a player performing. Maresca has yet one more task to perform - to consolidate our position in the Prem. We'll see if he's capable of that.

Since Vichai's death, though, there has been floundering at board 'level'. I don't doubt Top's love for the team and club, but Rudkin and Whelan needed a stronger figure at the helm. They need to go. The club finances have been allowed to 'wander' until we've become vulnerable to sanctions.

As to today the miserable ***** have been given their weekly reasons to complain. City were the better side but the chances went begging. Take off our most potent player in a gesture to sentiment, which most of us wanted, and the whingers get what they want. But the goals were opportunistic in the extreme and scored by an exceptionally fast and confident bloke, as we were pressing for our own score.

Maresca gave players a run out to participate in the final game of a great season. We got stung for it.

The moaners need to have a stage to express their frustrations. They'll gather where one exists to allow them to vent.

Edited by gerblod
Predictive turned 'whingers' into wingers!
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, l444ry said:

Well they can stick the celebration up their arses cos that performance wasn’t good enough. In fact, the Manager needs to be questioned. Would never have happened if a Ferguson or Ancelotti were gaffer. Will be relegated by Xmas with him as boss.

ae6ea58e4f524bf8826839062f379187.jpg

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Foxy_jim said:

I felt sorry for those not in the kop or East stand corner near the kop, as all the post match action was there. 

They should’ve backed the lads more. I was delighted that the fans and enzo did all the celebrating in front of UFS. Says a lot 

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

They should’ve backed the lads more. I was delighted that the fans and enzo did all the celebrating in front of UFS. Says a lot 

Too right, for a guy who doesnt care , im moving to the prawn sandwich brigade.

55 minutes ago, Foxy_jim said:

Your right, looked like they were told not to walk to L1!!!

The thai contingent stood at the centre circle and looked almost scared!!!🤣🤣

3 hours ago, chapero82 said:

They showed it on 3 different channels, one could have been us and the other one is them lol 

Sounds a little bit like Penis Envy.

Leicester taking the title was not news.....Ipswich was... It's how television works.

Matters absolutely not any more but it did grate on me at the time that the guy behind me was just constantly still moaning despite it being a happy day. 

He also said the shot from Winks (?) that their keeper saved from very well was 'an open goal' lol lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Sounds a little bit like Penis Envy.

Leicester taking the title was not news.....Ipswich was... It's how television works.

Not that at all, I just wanted to watch the presentation. What is wrong with that?

3 hours ago, sishades said:

The coverage of the trophy lift was almost as bad as the players performances on the pitch. On e of the biggest damp squibs I have expeienced for a long time. Yes well done to the lads for finishing top. A great achievement but the performances since Xmas leave a lot to be desired. Maybe when the dust settles and my anger at losing dissipates I will feel less sour. 

Fvckin hell… go and support someone else maybe. Although I think your only option in this country is Man City.

Worst kind of fan. Still moaning even tho WE WON THE THING :huh:

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

Fvckin hell… go and support someone else maybe. Although I think your only option in this country is Man City.

Truly pathetic mate 

5 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Would’ve been nice for the team to remember that there are other fans and not just SK1

I guess it shows they appreciate where the support is coming from 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

I feel I need to respond to this. Winning the league is great. The team did very well and we should be very proud, of which I am one. I hate losing and it affects how I feel long after the final whistle. What did it for me today was the trophy lift. I watched as Vards received the cup, walked over to the players at which my stream which had worked all afternoon decided to commit suicide so i missed the best 60 seconds of the season. To make matters worse sky could not be arsed and decided to show Ipswich instead. This and the defeat made me feel utterly deflated. I love my club and have supported them for almost 50 years and will not go and follow someone else. So take your worst fan comment and shove it.

23 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Not that at all, I just wanted to watch the presentation. What is wrong with that?

You’ll be able to do so when the club release it.