Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He’s more than worthy of an Australia A team honours at least. Aussies could have done with him in this T20 series with West Indies 

Was thinking that watching some of those shots tonight. Windies absolutely murdered them.

Only hope we can keep the Aussie connection up. It's really delivered for us this summer.

Much credit to the club, Inglis, Harris and latterly Naveen have all been brilliant signings.

I think we just lacked a bit of depth in batting and bowling. Our spinners were good but we needed better 4th/5th/6th bowlers than Mike and Griffiths. Our batting was generally good but Steel despite scoring well was too pedestrian at times for this format and Lilley can be boom or bust. Nobody really down at 5 or 6 that you fancy in the finishing role consistently either, feel a bit disappointed we didn't see any of Welsh as he looked a powerful bat last season and worth more of a look.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, CrawlingFox said:

Much credit to the club, Inglis, Harris and latterly Naveen have all been brilliant signings.

I think we just lacked a bit of depth in batting and bowling. Our spinners were good but we needed better 4th/5th/6th bowlers than Mike and Griffiths. Our batting was generally good but Steel despite scoring well was too pedestrian at times for this format and Lilley can be boom or bust. Nobody really down at 5 or 6 that you fancy in the finishing role consistently either, feel a bit disappointed we didn't see any of Welsh as he looked a powerful bat last season and worth more of a look.

Turned out to be very fine margins in the end, if we had won a couple of those close games where we didn't really go for it then we would have made the top four. Inglis top run scorer and Naveen to wicket-taker (though his economy rate is average), in the competition.

3 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Turned out to be very fine margins in the end, if we had won a couple of those close games where we didn't really go for it then we would have made the top four. Inglis top run scorer and Naveen to wicket-taker (though his economy rate is average), in the competition.

Very true. I'd be interested to see Naveen's economy rate in the second half of the completion vs the first. I think he improved.

38 minutes ago, Kopic said:

Was seriously excited to see Inglis sign, and was not at all disappointed. Will just be really shit seeing him play for someone else next year.

He seems to really like it here judging by the way he celebrated with his team mates at the end. So you never know.... but I guess money will talk. Seriously good player, though. Been great watching him this season. 

I’d have thought the Harris side will win comfortably. Obviously Hill is probably our most senior player and been at the club the longest but he’s better with less pressure/responsibility on him - I’d have preferred Harris as captain but trust Nixon’s judgement. 

Ridiculous size squad for a County with our limited budget. That's without our 100 players and academy. 

Just crazy.

Not sure going forward anyone should have more than a two year contract. Not as if there is a queue round the block for our players. 

Just ridiculous to have 26 players on contract. Potty. 

Nat Bowley in  his second year, has ever played? 

Welch did OK last year never seen again. We 17 batsmen

• Like 3