Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

On 07/05/2020 at 13:59, Bilsthorpe Blue said:

We already had either Wilf for a boy or Wilma for a girl, proper name is Wilson's Wish, name needs to start after the first letter of the stallions name, Honest

Is it because he’s got gangly legs and can’t shoot?

• Haha 1

After reading an article the other day that rose wine is the new in thing and so much better than it was before I decided to give it a go ...  I used to drink white but now only chilled with fish or white meat when the weather is warm ...  normally I drink red which I just love.   So ..  I’ve just drank three quarters of a bottle of a well recommenced rose ..   absolute sh1te !!!   The rest of it went in the sink and the bottle has been dispatched to the bin ...   I’ve now had to have a cheeky San Miguel to get rid of the taste.

Be warned !!

5 hours ago, Kopic said:

****. What a man. When all this corona started he used to say he wasn't scared of getting it, he was ready to go. He was such a handy man, building and fixing stuff all the time. As his eyesight worsened he got so bored and lonely. We'd always offer to move him into ours but he was determined to keep his independence, always say I'm not ready yet, even offered this last Friday when my dad dropped shopping off for him. At least corona didn't get him. His life wasn't shortened by that cvnt. Rest in peace!

Sorry for posting this sad shit, I just like the anonymity of writing it down. I don't really have anywhere else or anyone else to talk to. I'm not fishing for comments etc but I truly, truly appreciate all your comments and reactions. Cheers guys. Off for a beer for him.

I don't have any words of wisdom, but I couldn't read and just move on without telling you what a great man he sounds like, and what lovely words you speak about him. It's proper shit when you lose someone, but I hope you can take comfort knowing that you were so lucky to have had him in your life. I'm sure he'd be proud if he could see how much he meant to you. 

Look after yourself x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

After reading an article the other day that rose wine is the new in thing and so much better than it was before I decided to give it a go ...  I used to drink white but now only chilled with fish or white meat when the weather is warm ...  normally I drink red which I just love.   So ..  I’ve just drank three quarters of a bottle of a well recommenced rose ..   absolute sh1te !!!   The rest of it went in the sink and the bottle has been dispatched to the bin ...   I’ve now had to have a cheeky San Miguel to get rid of the taste.

Be warned !!

Wine before beer makes you feel queer :mellow:

So schools reopen today, but my son's school (Who he is desperate to return too) are not opening for year 6 (His year) until Mid July, and are spending the next 4 weeks or so being open for Foundation only. So year 6 have basically left then.....ffs :mad:

Actually to be fully accurate, his school is not reopening until next week anyway  :nono:

Edited by Dahnsouff

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So schools reopen today, but my son's school (Who he is desperate to return too) are not opening for year 6 (His year) until Mid July, and are spending the next 4 weeks or so being open for Foundation only. So year 6 have basically left then.....ffs :mad:

Actually to be fully accurate, his school is not reopening until next week anyway  :nono:

Did they give a reason? Yr 6 is one of the specified years announced. Have the secondary school been in contact about induction for next year? Are you Leicester based? 

Edited by stix
Dahnsouff = Down South right?

1 minute ago, stix said:

Did they give a reason? Yr 6 is one of the specified years announced. Have the secondary school been in contact about induction for next year? Are you Leicester based? 

They just said they did not have the capacity to have all the foundation, year 1 and year 6 children in.

So they have allocated the first 4 weeks of the term to foundation and year 1 (For 2 days a week only)

Then year 6 + new foundation get week 5

Finally year 6 get the final week to themselves

Seems poor, but I am of course biased.

47 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Bit embarrassing just popped to my local to pick up some take out beer. The guy said thanks for your support and I responded “you too” 

To be fair he's supporting you with beer, so it works.

Just now, bovril said:

Finally got out of London today and went for a walk near Ely. Made me wonder why I live in such an expensive grime hole. 

Ely is lovely, used to spend a bit of time round there when I was younger. It's not cheap either, but fair to say it's probably cheaper than London! Lots of the surrounding area is commuter land too I believe 

4 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Ely is lovely, used to spend a bit of time round there when I was younger. It's not cheap either, but fair to say it's probably cheaper than London! Lots of the surrounding area is commuter land too I believe 

I have a love / hate relationship with the Fens. Every time I go back I wonder why I live in London but then can't wait to get back to civilisation. The big skies and fresh air are great, other things not so much. 

• Like 1

Just now, bovril said:

I have a love / hate relationship with the Fens. Every time I go back I wonder why I live in London but then can't wait to get back to civilisation. The big skies and fresh air are great, other things not so much. 

Bit of both is the way to go ...

4 minutes ago, bovril said:

It's quite funny you say that. My other half is from very close to Ely, and we often joke that he has moved to civilisation now that he lives with me in Wigston lol

I don't mind visiting out that way, but I couldn't live there. The roads are mainly rubbish and everything is so spread out. Don't get me wrong, the closest I get to Leicester these days is the KP, but I'm strangely comforted knowing that anything I need is close by. 

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Lovely moon right now ...  iphone doesn’t do it justice ..  

7FED6FD3-2E60-4FD9-A8CB-9580CF23C339.jpeg

ive just been trying to get a few snaps of it with my camera. Abit light still to do it justice really. 

Our dog is dying, she has an inoperable tumour which has gotten dramatically worse just this week. She’s periodically had nose bleeds over the last few months but besides that you wouldn’t know there was anything wrong. Yesterday though she sat in her favourite chair and barely moved all day, her breathing is so much worse and she’s got almost no energy. She’s not even gone yet and I’m already in bits :cry:

• Sad 13

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Our dog is dying, she has an inoperable tumour which has gotten dramatically worse just this week. She’s periodically had nose bleeds over the last few months but besides that you wouldn’t know there was anything wrong. Yesterday though she sat in her favourite chair and barely moved all day, her breathing is so much worse and she’s got almost no energy. She’s not even gone yet and I’m already in bits :cry:

Absolutely gutted for you bud, I'm sure she's had the happiest life and hopefully you can look at that as some comfort.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Livid said:

Day started with Morrisons delivering 30 minutes earlier than they should with me in the shower for the second week running, that’s set the tone for the day so far :unsure: 

Reminds me of the Come Fly With Me sketch where the plane leaves early because so many people complained that it left late before lol 

• Haha 1