Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

17 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Just had another good sized job come in. I've done next to f  all for 8 weeks and now 3 different people want me at their place next week. I told the missus I'd have Monday off with her as well because of the bank holiday. I don't really want to turn anyone down because I'm expecting it to be a slow year now.

I’ve got six days this week now, not the best paid jobs in the world but in for a penny....

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Just had another good sized job come in. I've done next to f  all for 8 weeks and now 3 different people want me at their place next week. I told the missus I'd have Monday off with her as well because of the bank holiday. I don't really want to turn anyone down because I'm expecting it to be a slow year now.

18 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I’ve got six days this week now, not the best paid jobs in the world but in for a penny....

Good to see you two stating to fire up the engines of the economy :thumbup:

• Like 4

@Strokes what do you do? I know @Webbois a decorator and unfortunately we had most of ours done while he was away from the forum. Do still need the glossing doing in the hall, stairs and landing but I guess it's not the most enticing job :)

We're going to need a plasterer at some point to repair some damage to the kitchen ceiling where I left the bath running :ph34r: 

Popped down narborough road this morning to get my cheap Belarusian cigs, picked up a case of cheap Romanian beer and been sat in the garden ever since. Lovely day. 

Only working friday to sunday has its benefits, especially with this weather, although I would like a bit more time with the missus.

19 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Hadn't you realised I'm a woman? 😉 

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

WTF!

:jawdrop:

33 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

We're going to need a plasterer at some point to repair some damage to the kitchen ceiling where I left the bath running 

Well if you’d said that at the beginning everyone would have guessed !! ....:)

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

@Strokes what do you do? I know @Webbois a decorator and unfortunately we had most of ours done while he was away from the forum. Do still need the glossing doing in the hall, stairs and landing but I guess it's not the most enticing job :)

We're going to need a plasterer at some point to repair some damage to the kitchen ceiling where I left the bath running :ph34r: 

I’m an electrician trained but these days I’m a fire alarm engineer, I’m not a registered electrician although I do a few bits here and there and get a pal to sign it off rather than register myself.

CCTV, intruder alarms, access control, electric gates, intercoms, I’ve helped a few out on here with problems over the years. 

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

I’m an electrician trained but these days I’m a fire alarm engineer, I’m not a registered electrician although I do a few bits here and there and get a pal to sign it off rather than register myself.

CCTV, intruder alarms, access control, electric gates, intercoms, I’ve helped a few out on here with problems over the years. 

Come fix my living room spotlights. They are proper ****ed. :ph34r:

7 hours ago, Kopic said:

Popped down narborough road this morning to get my cheap Belarusian cigs

My duty free B&H gold (yeah, proper old skool) will run out in a month or two and I'm on the look out for some cheap smokes.

Not paying full prices for the mainstream fags so any suggestions welcome. Ta.

8 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

My duty free B&H gold (yeah, proper old skool) will run out in a month or two and I'm on the look out for some cheap smokes.

Learn to roll - perfect lockdown challenge. 

Edited by Manini
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The hardest part is getting a shop to serve you. I got my girlfriend to go in for me because none would serve me, fortunately that was about 5 years ago and I've been fine since.

In terms of the cigarettes, at the moment it's a little hit and miss. Pre lockdown they had about 15 brands to choose from, when I went yesterday they had 4.

The belarusian brands are the cheapest, I would say they are fine, can be a bit harsh, especially for myself as I usually get lighter cigarettes.

They have фест (pronounced Fest), 3.50 a pack, and NZ Black, £4 a pack. I'd say I prefer the taste of the NZ.

They have another Belarusian one, called Minsk, they are super slim cigarettes so I haven't tried them. Dont be put off by the prices, they are legit, in Belarus they cost about 50p a pack and the factory make about 100 times what their population can smoke every year as Europe gets flooded by them.

I tend to go for the Polish L&M blue (they also have red) when they have them as you know what you're getting. They tend to be about 6 quid a pack. Yesterday they also had L&M super slim menthol click, didnt bother with that. On occasion they will get Romanian cigarettes in, brands like Kent and Rothmans and they are decent, again about 5/6 quid. The most expensive, when they have them, are Marlboro gold/red which cost 7.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Nice start to the day seeing this. Heard the planes earlier... 

Fly by over Captain Tom Moore's House following his knighthood announcement... 

FB_IMG_1589970080533.thumb.jpg.204a28eed6a8615e9ad31b2d989fc287.jpg

Screenshot_20200520_112135_com.facebook.katana_1.thumb.jpg.605ad25fe917effeb7e87911e7003218.jpg

Ground control to captain Tom, congratulations on your gong.

• Haha 1

Went on another 11 mile walk yesterday starting at Ratby, and walking through Desford, Botcheston and Thornton.

We always follow the yellow markers and decided to stop for a picnic in a lovely large empty field just outside Desford, after about half an hour a lady in a 4x4 drove up to us, wound down her window and told us this is a public thoroughfare not a recreational ground and that she grazes here livestock in the field, basically to get off her land. I’m sure she was well within her rights to do so but I thought it was petty and small minded to move 2 people on having a quiet picnic on one of her many acres of land.

Privileged Pratt  

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson
  • Like 1