Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Bought a brand new rattan furniture set (five pieces plus cushions, seats eight people), had it delivered and built, didn't think it fitted my garden so decided to put it on eBay, it sold the next day and was collected by courier the day after.

This all happened in the space of 2 weeks.

The buyer is now saying it's clearly an old set, been well used, looks worn etc and is talking about a refund.

It's obviously a big, bulky item and I don't want to have to pay to get a courier to collect, what a nuisance.

The buyer doesn't sound desperately reasonable either.

First time I've sold something on eBay and now regretting it.

Any words of wisdom from you clever eBay people about how to handle all this?

From memory, when you list an item it defaults to 'no returns on this item' (I think)

So technically I don't think you have to give a refund.

I've had this in the past and ended up transferring a few quid to the buyers PayPal as a 'gesture of goodwill' and just to get rid of them.

If they play hard ball and you can't come to an agreement then I think you can get eBay to step in and they'll make a decision.

It's a bit of a pain in the arse when this happens but some eBayers are pond life in my experience.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

From memory, when you list an item it defaults to 'no returns on this item' (I think)

So technically I don't think you have to give a refund.

I've had this in the past and ended up transferring a few quid to the buyers PayPal as a 'gesture of goodwill' and just to get rid of them.

If they play hard ball and you can't come to an agreement then I think you can get eBay to step in and they'll make a decision.

It's a bit of a pain in the arse when this happens but some eBayers are pond life in my experience.

Thanks mate.

From what I've read online, it seems eBay favour the buyer, even if they're an arse and the seller has done nowt wrong.

Tempted to offer her £25 (but willing to go a little higher) to save the aggro.

Tbh I have made a few quid on what I bought it for vs what it sold for (less eBay fees) so there is some wriggle room.

Thing is - she's got a lot of product for the money, much cheaper than she would get elsewhere, she just seems ungrateful.

Hoping she replies so we can get moving on it. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Thanks mate.

From what I've read online, it seems eBay favour the buyer, even if they're an arse and the seller has done nowt wrong.

Tbh I have made a few quid on what I bought it for vs what it sold for (less eBay fees) so there is some wriggle room.

Thing is - she's got a lot of product for the money, much cheaper than she would get elsewhere, she just seems ungrateful.

Unfortunately these days Ebay will always side with the buyer. The no returns doesn't mean anything, if she's saying its not as described Ebay will issue her with a refund regardless. It's in your interest to pay to have it returned to you, if you don't, you'll end up with no furniture and ebay will give her a refund 

It's completely shit, and the reason I no longer sell anything on eBay. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Thanks mate.

I also should have said that this kind of thing on ebay seems quite common these days, Facebook market place is the way forward. Even if you're not on Facebook, like me, I just set up an account purely for selling stuff. No postage, cash on collection, no fees and no come back. There isn't anything you can't sell on there! 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I'm back tomorrow, obviously tidy to still have a job and I struggle to kill time most days but selfishly just can't be arsed and love a lie down

Your avatar fits perfectly with that post lol

• Haha 1

On 28/06/2020 at 20:18, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Bought a brand new rattan furniture set (five pieces plus cushions, seats eight people), had it delivered and built, didn't think it fitted my garden so decided to put it on eBay, it sold the next day and was collected by courier the day after.

This all happened in the space of 2 weeks.

The buyer is now saying it's clearly an old set, been well used, looks worn etc and is talking about a refund.

It's obviously a big, bulky item and I don't want to have to pay to get a courier to collect, what a nuisance.

The buyer doesn't sound desperately reasonable either.

First time I've sold something on eBay and now regretting it.

Any words of wisdom from you clever eBay people about how to handle all this?

Tell buyer. Fvck off. They bought a secondhand product.

What the **** are people meant to wear working from home? I've slapped some denims on to feel more workmanlike but I simply don't wear denims in the gaff unless we've got guests, it's 9.09 am and I'm in a right 2 and 8. The moment I switch to joggers or shorts is the moment I'm gonna get nothing done, the economy simply can't win here

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

What the **** are people meant to wear working from home? I've slapped some denims on to feel more workmanlike but I simply don't wear denims in the gaff unless we've got guests, it's 9.09 am and I'm in a right 2 and 8. The moment I switch to joggers or shorts is the moment I'm gonna get nothing done, the economy simply can't win here

I’ve been working from home since the start of this and know what you mean. Had a teams meeting yesterday in a shirt and shorts. 

You need to motivate yourself to work in your most casual gear. 

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 1

On 28/06/2020 at 13:18, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Bought a brand new rattan furniture set , had it built, didn't think it fitted my garden so decided to put it on eBay , The buyer is now saying it's clearly an old set, been well used, looks worn etc and is talking about a refund.

On 28/06/2020 at 16:00, FoxesDeb said:

I also should have said that this kind of thing on ebay seems quite common these days

17 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Tell buyer. Fvck off. They bought a secondhand product.

UPDATE:

Yesterday she asked for a ridiculous £150 refund (on an item which cost £610). Clearly taking the piiss.

Today I offered £25 as a "goodwill gesture" and she accepted. Case closed, problem sorted.

* Goodwill gesture = take this and bugger off please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Naked. Especially on Zoom.

13 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Tracky bottoms or shorts all the way. I’ve worn jeans once in 4 months now and they just feel bloody weird.

12 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I’ve been working from home since the start of this and know what you mean. Had a teams meeting yesterday in a shirt and shorts. 

You need to motivate yourself to work in your most casual gear. 

24 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Tracky bottoms or shorts all the way. I’ve worn jeans once in 4 months now and they just feel bloody weird.

Got changed about three times and ended up in shorts and slippers, I think I work for bloody BuzzFeed lads