Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

23 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Just done a fart that was up there, you know when your own brand turns your stomach you've let go of an absolute rip snorter

I just ripped a few in the bedroom and they were horrible.  

Seems like a normal busy day in most places now, akin to pre-lockdown levels.

What's annoying is having to walk on the road past a group of people talking on the pavements, despite them knowing I was coming towards them.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Or just been naked.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Been in a cast? Or just lockdown attire?

Went back to work today...didn't think my lockdown mankini would be appropriate :P

Honestly felt a bit weird getting dressed for work - been wearing shorts every day for the best part of 3 months. Ah well, holiday's over.

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Seems like a normal busy day in most places now, akin to pre-lockdown levels.

What's annoying is having to walk on the road past a group of people talking on the pavements, despite them knowing I was coming towards them.

What did you want them to do?

3 hours ago, stix said:

What did you want them to do?

Acknowledge that I was walking towards them and give way on the side to allow me to walk on the pavement to pass them, instead of any potential risk of me being hit on a busy road that could've happened.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Acknowledge that I was walking towards them and give way on the side to allow me to walk on the pavement to pass them, instead of any potential risk of me being hit on a busy road that could've happened.

You’re an adult though right? What you actually did was the probably the right thing to do. There was one of you, and more of those. What you did was the least confrontational thing to do that caused the least amount of people any stress. If you can’t pick the correct time to make use of a road to pass other people, then I’m surprised you managed to get your clothes on in the correct order that morning tbh. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, stix said:

You’re an adult though right? What you actually did was the probably the right thing to do. There was one of you, and more of those. What you did was the least confrontational thing to do that caused the least amount of people any stress. If you can’t pick the correct time to make use of a road to pass other people, then I’m surprised you managed to get your clothes on in the correct order that morning tbh. 

The final sentence seems a bit baffling statement to make (although am not personally surprised to be honest considering you've made a few silly comments directed at me in the past), to be honest.

The road I safely passed on had a few blind spots at the time of this particular situation, having to wait a good minute to pass by on - considering there were motorbikes and cyclists going past whilst I waited and also having to carefully look around between a parked big van and lorry to see these users coming by.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

Started work at 12, saw the weather and the lack of actual work to do, so took their offer of a 2pm finish, thinking i'll go home and sit in the sun with a beer. Forgot my girlfriend had decided that today she wanted to sand down and paint an old bench in the garden. So obviously her wanting to do it has resulted in her getting angry and me doing it. Hurrah.

50 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Just had my first maccy's in three months. Took me half an hour from door to door. 

My daughter is desperate for us to get one and I've been putting it off. Doesn't sound too bad though, which one did you go to? 

7 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

My daughter is desperate for us to get one and I've been putting it off. Doesn't sound too bad though, which one did you go to? 

Meridian park. I think if you went now (6.30) you should be ok. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Wigston one was absolutely chocka when I drove by at 6. Cars snaking around the car park still. Drove by at around 1pm today as well and it was the same. 

Have you checked to see if they’ll deliver round here? Uber eats I think it is. 

Edited by stix
£3.99 delivery though 😱