Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Tearing up a bit at this Bradford fire documentary they have on BT Sport :( 

So many heroes that day hearing all these stories.

When I had lectures on building fire safety regulations at Uni one of the key examples they showed to illustrate how quickly fire moves was that fire.

It stuck in my mind quite vividly. Less than 4 minutes from ignition to practically the whole stand in flames. Was a big factor in changing the legislation.

8 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

When I had lectures on building fire safety regulations at Uni one of the key examples they showed to illustrate how quickly fire moves was that fire.

It stuck in my mind quite vividly. Less than 4 minutes from ignition to practically the whole stand in flames. Was a big factor in changing the legislation.

Yes that bit struck me too. Fire Service get there within 4 minutes of a call and the stand is virtually gone anyway.

Whenever I go on Fire Safety training the iconic picture of the whole stand engulfed in flames and sometimes footage of it is always shown. 

Going to take the plunge and throw some money at a Prince 2 foundation qualification to try and use some of my furlough time wisely. Has anybody on here done it? To be clear I’m not a project manager but I feel like it’ll help with the organisation of bits and bobs I have to do for my day job anyway - but I think PM’ing is something I’d like to move in to. 

How do people price freelance work, specifically work they were happy to do for free? 

I've been doing some pro-bono go-to-market strategy and growth strategy projects for very early stage startups, but now I've got someone who is insisting they pay me. Yeah I'm not gonna complain at some extra dough but it's not what I'm doing this for and as such I don't know how to price it. Now they're insistent I'm thinking I don't want to underprice myself (stupid given I was happy to do it for free) but, as the first piece of advice is going to be to stop wasting precious funds on people willing to help you for free, I'm not keen to charge them a lot. 

I've just learned that the random string of letters, defunct symbols and numbers that's been popping up in memes all week is actually the name of Elon Musk's new child.

In case anybody else is out of the loop I'm talking about: X Æ A-12 

That's his kid's name.  Wtf.

Maybe working out how to say that could be today's puzzle.

I went to see my Son & family, with my 1half year old grandson had a Beautiful walk,...and he Rode on My Wchair.

then we celebrated   B V Bs    Great win...

& finished The day off with a Grill & a glass of wine...

In this special times we had some sympathies  with Schalk04. so we had Another glass of wine,recognising they are Good losers...

And they Now know for this season, who rule the roost & take the Reviers honours...:bounce:...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

I've just learned that the random string of letters, defunct symbols and numbers that's been popping up in memes all week is actually the name of Elon Musk's new child.

In case anybody else is out of the loop I'm talking about: X Æ A-12 

That's his kid's name.  Wtf.

Maybe working out how to say that could be today's puzzle.

He actually got the idea from reading Fuchsy’s posts on here :)

• Haha 4

Went on a great 10 mile walk yesterday starting at Twyford. Taking in Burrough Hill (worth a visit) Somerby, John O Gaunt, Thorpe Satchville and what should of been Owston (we got lost and missed it off). Theres a great viaduct on the outskirts of Twyford which is amazing for anyone interested in that kind of thing, to build that in such a rural area just shows what our railway network once was.

Start and finish outside The Saddle pub in Twyford such a shame it isn’t open as I could of sunk a pint or two! There’s also the Stilton Cheese Inn in Somerby which would of made a good resting point drunk 🥴 

Leicestershire has such beautiful countryside for those willing to venture out a little.

Definitely do the walk again when the pubs reopen  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Went on a great 10 mile walk yesterday starting at Twyford. Taking in Burrough Hill (worth a visit) Somerby, John O Gaunt, Thorpe Satchville and what should of been Owston (we got lost and missed it off). Theres a great viaduct on the outskirts of Twyford which is amazing for anyone interested in that kind of thing, to build that in such a rural area just shows what our railway network once was.

Start and finish outside The Saddle pub in Twyford such a shame it isn’t open as I could of sunk a pint or two! There’s also the Stilton Cheese Inn in Somerby which would of made a good resting point drunk 🥴 

Leicestershire has such beautiful countryside for those willing to venture out a little.

Definitely do the walk again when the pubs reopen  

I live in Thorpe and often walk the Danes near that old viaduct and along the old railway that runs close by it. It’s a lovely place for a stroll as is burrough Hill. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I've been told today that it's highly unlikely that the office will reopen this year. Absolutely fantastic news for me as I'm loving working from home, not so much for some of my colleagues though. 

I think this will be common moving forward. Companies will realise it makes sense and frees up space in the office. The work place will change forever imo. 

3 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

I think this will be common moving forward. Companies will realise it makes sense and frees up space in the office. The work place will change forever imo. 

I agree. I think my company will leave many of us working from home permanently, my team have been more productive, and it's saved the business a fortune, literally, already. If we can do it until at least the end of the year we can do it forever. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

My wife's old work had to move to bigger offices last year even though it was pointed out to them at the time that having only 20% of the work force WFH could save them a fortune.  

Its baffling that a lot of firms didn't click sooner how much they can save .

Also surprised the Green party didn't push this harder as it takes a shit load of cars of the road in one go .

Edited by los dedos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

I've been told today that it's highly unlikely that the office will reopen this year. Absolutely fantastic news for me as I'm loving working from home, not so much for some of my colleagues though. 

That's all it is with you 'me, me, me!' 

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Had some major coughing fits again last night and could not sleep so stayed up watching Anime online, The Promised Neverland which would make a good live action horror.

Started this anime too, a shonen  made by Ufotable, so the art is amazing and its supposed to be up there with FMA Brotherhood, guilty pleasure but enjoyable to watch.

The character themes in Demon Slayer are fantastic.

Edited by ithuriel

Had to do some drywall repair. Was cracked on the corner bead so got my drywall tools out, scrapped out the old mud,  put in some new mud and tape. Felt like a man again until i had to make dinner and wash dishes. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Just had another good sized job come in. I've done next to f  all for 8 weeks and now 3 different people want me at their place next week. I told the missus I'd have Monday off with her as well because of the bank holiday. I don't really want to turn anyone down because I'm expecting it to be a slow year now.

Make the most of the work I'd say. Especially if you and the missus have had 8 weeks together anyway?

Unless she's not very understanding, in which case, the extra money probably isn't worth the moaning haha.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Make the most of the work I'd say. Especially if you and the missus have had 8 weeks together anyway?

Unless she's not very understanding, in which case, the extra money probably isn't worth the moaning haha.

She's been working. I could miss it I suppose. I'll probably have to.