Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Been an horrible weekend in general, Friday night a girl I have been getting along with well for some time and things looked postive decided to break the news that she's seeing someone else... bang then it got worse to find out the other person was my mate who said they'd help me date her. Things have been awkard since then, but they begged me to remain talking to them remain good friends. Agreed to that but it's not ideal,certainly we you see them together snogging on facebook flirting. Had an exam today and it really affected my performance, just couldn't get out of my head. Some where down the line I feel like I have robbed.

It's like in a footy match your 1-0 up with ten minutes to go, your teams gave it all but they have ran out of steam and now defending for their lives. Just as get closer to the ending you think your going to make it, suddenly in 88th a penalty is awarded. They score it and now you feel like all your hard work as been take away, just as your about to walk away accepting an annoying draw. The opposition go up the other end and right in the death and win in it injury time and as a player your on ground thinking "wtf, how?" that's how I feel today.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Been an horrible weekend in general, Friday night a girl I have been getting along with well for some time and things looked postive decided to break the news that she's seeing someone else... bang then it got worse to find out the other person was my mate who said they'd help me date her. Things have been awkard since then, but they begged me to remain talking to them remain good friends. Agreed to that but it's not ideal,certainly we you see them together snogging on facebook flirting. Had an exam today and it really affected my performance, just couldn't get out of my head. Some where down the line I feel like I have robbed.

It's like in a footy match your 1-0 up with ten minutes to go, your teams gave it all but they have ran out of steam and now defending for their lives. Just as get closer to the ending you think your going to make it, suddenly in 88th a penalty is awarded. They score it and now you feel like all your hard work as been take away, just as your about to walk away accepting an annoying draw. The opposition go up the other end and right in the death and win in it injury time and as a player your on ground thinking "wtf, how?" that's how I feel today.

That’s pretty messed up mate, sorry to hear that.

I’d have to question how much of a good friend they are they are in that circumstance.

I had an absolute cracker yesterday. Went to play snooker and on the way back thought I would get a McFlurry. Pulled into the queue and saw they only had plain ones so changed my plans and tried to reverse out but there is a now a van parked behind me.

Now this next part tells you why I hate the general public. I put my car into reverse and this guy doesn’t move so my mate gets out to talk the guy into kindly reversing back 10 metres so I can get out. This is where the guy shrugs and says “no English” and after a few minutes of trying this my mate gives up. I now get out and point to where I want this guy to go who miraculously has learned to be fluent in English and now wants to Raoul Moat me in Macy D’s car park.

Got back in my car and queued for a milk shake didn’t I.

42 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Sounds like a pretty shit friend to be honest mate.

Still, at least you know true colours now, onto better things.

Day 9 of self isolation almost complete for me, I can't wait to get out the house, just for a bit of exercise and to go to the pub!

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

That’s pretty messed up mate, sorry to hear that.

I’d have to question how much of a good friend they are they are in that circumstance.

I had an absolute cracker yesterday. Went to play snooker and on the way back thought I would get a McFlurry. Pulled into the queue and saw they only had plain ones so changed my plans and tried to reverse out but there is a now a van parked behind me.

Now this next part tells you why I hate the general public. I put my car into reverse and this guy doesn’t move so my mate gets out to talk the guy into kindly reversing back 10 metres so I can get out. This is where the guy shrugs and says “no English” and after a few minutes of trying this my mate gives up. I now get out and point to where I want this guy to go who miraculously has learned to be fluent in English and now wants to Raoul Moat me in Macy D’s car park.

Got back in my car and queued for a milk shake didn’t I.

It is pretty messed up, even though I am still speaking to them and appearing like i'm not to upset I am really pretty upset and peed about the whole thing and this may sound a little selfish or harsh but I'm kind of hoping the whole thing doesn't work out. Harsh yes! but a sense of juctice maybe. Somehow I don't expect this to last long, my mate as been known to jump in and other with woman's beds quite often and knowing this girl as I do she certainly won't stand for that.

Edited by Leicesterpool

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

It is pretty messed up, even though I am still speaking to them and appearing like i'm not to upset I am really pretty upset and peed about the whole thing and this may sound a little selfish or harsh but I'm kind of hoping the whole thing doesn't work out. Harsh yes! but a sense of juctice maybe. Somehow I don't expect this to last long, my mate as been known to jump in and other with woman's beds quite often and knowing this girl as I do she certainly won't stand for that.

Pretty crap that is, if they're posting all over Facebook just unfollow them both, it won't remove them as a friend but you won't see their posts.

Also try and avoid talking to them for a while, just be blunt and say you're busy if they try and instigate conversation.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Back on bumble and matched with someone who's name is just GD and I can't not think of goal difference, cracks me up every goddam time brothers! Who's next, xG?! Stay tuned to find out baby!

Lucky you are not a netball fan...

GD=Goal Defence...

You've got a tough job ahead trying to score

Edited by ozleicester

On 25/08/2020 at 01:07, Leicesterpool said:

More fool her then, she'd get a taste of her own medicine and I think you'd get a pass as schadenfreude in this case. Saying that, you ideally want to be in a position where you've moved on to better things and simply dont give a shit about your cheating ex.

Always thought if people break a relationship to get with someone else once then surely there is nothing stopping them from doing it again?

Sorry to hear about your situation anyway.

On 24/08/2020 at 22:57, Leicesterpool said:

End of the day your mate was no mate, and the girl wasn't the one for you. Ride the wave of crap you're feeling now and move on as quickly as you can (though... take as long as it takes, go at your own pace for your own sanity.)

It's up to you whether you keep both in your life, but you HAVE to do what's best for you. If seeing them on social media and in person is affecting you, chop the gangreen knee off. You don't need that in your life, especially when you control your own destiny.

You'll eventually find a friend who doesn't pull this move, and a partner whom you can trust and build a relationship/future with. This time in a year I guarantee you'll be much happier without them and enjoying us as Europa League champions.

PS: Fantastic choice to include the football analogy.

As my user name suggests I’m not from Leicester but my day,or at least my daughters day involved Leicester and not in a good way.

She was helping a friend move into Uni accommodation and went to refuel down Narborough Road.She was a passenger.

Got T boned.TBF I don’t know the circumstances of who’s fault as yet.However, she got the full impact air bags,glass,smoke.

Not” Are you alright” as she is struggling to get out of the bent door,but no less than 5 separate people filming it.What has society come to.

Only one bloke after 5 minutes came to help.

Got taken to LRI in an ambulance but thankfully ok.

Edited by cambridgefox
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

As my user name suggests I’m not from Leicester but my day,or at least my daughters day involved Leicester and not in a good way.

She was helping a friend move into Uni accommodation and went to refuel down Narborough Road.She was a passenger.

Got T boned.TBF I don’t know the circumstances of who’s fault as yet.However, she got the full impact air bags,glass,smoke.

Not” Are you alright” as she is struggling to get out of the bent door,but no less than 5 separate people filming it.What has society come to.

Rubbish thing to happen, but I'm glad she's ok. It's so sad the way society has gone with things like this.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Rubbish thing to happen, but I'm glad she's ok. It's so sad the way society has gone with things like this.

Thankyou.She wasn’t happy.This sounds bad,but a smash where no one is badly injured,but shaken isn’t a bad thing for young drivers.Eye opener to how dangerous cars can be.

On 24/08/2020 at 22:57, Leicesterpool said:

All the best brother, onwards and upwards but the footballing analogy has right cracked me up

10 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

End of the day your mate was no mate, and the girl wasn't the one for you. Ride the wave of crap you're feeling now and move on as quickly as you can (though... take as long as it takes, go at your own pace for your own sanity.)

It's up to you whether you keep both in your life, but you HAVE to do what's best for you. If seeing them on social media and in person is affecting you, chop the gangreen knee off. You don't need that in your life, especially when you control your own destiny.

You'll eventually find a friend who doesn't pull this move, and a partner whom you can trust and build a relationship/future with. This time in a year I guarantee you'll be much happier without them and enjoying us as Europa League champions.

PS: Fantastic choice to include the football analogy.

Yeah been trying to move on from as much as possible, the main focus now is sorting out my moving place. Which is good welcome distraction at present. Yep agreed while there stuck at home miserable watching Emmerdale we'll be in Gdańsk. 

8 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Thankyou.She wasn’t happy.This sounds bad,but a smash where no one is badly injured,but shaken isn’t a bad thing for young drivers.Eye opener to how dangerous cars can be.

I had my first, and only (touch wood) accident not long after I'd passed my test at 17. It wasn't my fault, another driver jumped the lights, and we were both absolutely fine, but I've never forgotten it. I've certainly never taken a green filter light for granted since! Hopefully she can get behind the wheel again soon and put it behind her :)

36 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Sounds shit that, mate. Glad she's alright. Always surprises me the amount of people who's first reaction/impulse is to film instead of help. 

Okay yeah film a getaway car or someone running off (this genuinely does help in criminal cases for Police later) but to film the aftermath of a crash is just downright weird if there's no intention to help someone inside.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sounds shit that, mate. Glad she's alright. Always surprises me the amount of people who's first reaction/impulse is to film instead of help. 

Okay yeah film a getaway car or someone running off (this genuinely does help in criminal cases for Police later) but to film the aftermath of a crash is just downright weird if there's no intention to help someone inside.

Cheers,really don’t know how people are wired for thought process sometimes.

Although this might sound weird also,her and her mate are attractive young ladies.According to MY mates so they might have been on a perv mission.

2 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Its good that we have people to record stuff at times  but common sense is to always try to help. Maybe it's because i was not raised with a phone in my hand (i'm 40) or just that i have some common sense. I've seen an accident happen right in front of my house and rushed from my driveway to help one of the drivers.

I remember a kid fell off his bike and broke his arm a few houses down. I witnessed it and ran inside to get my mum ( a nurse) and we called for help as well.

People are weird these days. I am happy to hear that everyone is okay in the end though.

• Like 1

On 24/08/2020 at 17:57, Leicesterpool said:

What a shit mate that is. Im sorry this happened and hope you get over it sooner than later. If you are young and his mum is fit, shag her lol.

Given that you said he has a habit of being a knob, maybe he isnt the kind of mate you really want to have. But whatever makes YOU happy go with that.

This week is a bit of a blur. I don’t know why I am writing all this but I suppose I just need to vent.

The partners dad (Aged 56) has melanoma. He managed to get the all clear after 5 years in February, but then in May everything went downhill.

Initially he thought he had contracted COVID which then manifested into a chest infection and then sepsis. It nearly killed him over a 2 week period.

While the doctors were scanning him to figure out what was causing the problem, it’s found that the melanoma is not only back, but it has metastasised and spread to lung, kidney, liver etc. Because of the sepsis and nature of the melanoma doctors gave him 6 months at most. Nevertheless he managed an extraordinary recovery and got back to relatively good health. 

We were due to get married in December, but then because of this we brought the ceremony forward to mid September as we were desperate to marry while her dad was in the best possible health. While we have been preparing for the wedding, her dad has been in and out of hospital with infections and side effects from the medication he was taking.

A couple of weeks ago we decided to announce that the wedding plans had changed. Then on Friday night while we were away on holiday, he has a seizure. If it weren’t for a family friend who was nurse, he would probably have been dead that night.

Her dad is then rushed to A and E in Leeds where he manages to recover well. The following Saturday morning as he is finishing speaking to his partner he starts to have another massive seizure and has to be sedated to avoid further ones.

The hospital couldn’t do the mri scan as they needed the symptoms to subside and him to be conscious and talking. The ct scans have shown no cancer is his brain. But the MRI scan would have been more detailed on soft tissue areas inside his head. There’s a strong suspicion that the cancer or a byproduct found its way to his brain lining.

We drove to the hospital urgently Saturday night and have been in and out of hospital seeing him since. 

His condition has gradually deteriorated as the hospital have been unable to bring him out of sedation without lapsing into seizures. His oxygen saturation rates fell below the level required without damaging the brain.

Sadly since Monday he has been receiving end of life care and will pass away soon. 

This also means the wedding we had pushed forward won’t be gong ahead now. In the mean time my partners boss at the private language school she teaches at, has informed them by email

that they will be laid off without pay until January. 

The good lady is devastated and I’m just doing my best to keep it all going. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if a meteor hit my house at this rate.

• Sad 6

1 hour ago, Fox in the North said:

This week is a bit of a blur. I don’t know why I am writing all this but I suppose I just need to vent.

The partners dad (Aged 56) has melanoma. He managed to get the all clear after 5 years in February, but then in May everything went downhill.

Initially he thought he had contracted COVID which then manifested into a chest infection and then sepsis. It nearly killed him over a 2 week period.

While the doctors were scanning him to figure out what was causing the problem, it’s found that the melanoma is not only back, but it has metastasised and spread to lung, kidney, liver etc. Because of the sepsis and nature of the melanoma doctors gave him 6 months at most. Nevertheless he managed an extraordinary recovery and got back to relatively good health. 

We were due to get married in December, but then because of this we brought the ceremony forward to mid September as we were desperate to marry while her dad was in the best possible health. While we have been preparing for the wedding, her dad has been in and out of hospital with infections and side effects from the medication he was taking.

A couple of weeks ago we decided to announce that the wedding plans had changed. Then on Friday night while we were away on holiday, he has a seizure. If it weren’t for a family friend who was nurse, he would probably have been dead that night.

Her dad is then rushed to A and E in Leeds where he manages to recover well. The following Saturday morning as he is finishing speaking to his partner he starts to have another massive seizure and has to be sedated to avoid further ones.

The hospital couldn’t do the mri scan as they needed the symptoms to subside and him to be conscious and talking. The ct scans have shown no cancer is his brain. But the MRI scan would have been more detailed on soft tissue areas inside his head. There’s a strong suspicion that the cancer or a byproduct found its way to his brain lining.

We drove to the hospital urgently Saturday night and have been in and out of hospital seeing him since. 

His condition has gradually deteriorated as the hospital have been unable to bring him out of sedation without lapsing into seizures. His oxygen saturation rates fell below the level required without damaging the brain.

Sadly since Monday he has been receiving end of life care and will pass away soon. 

This also means the wedding we had pushed forward won’t be gong ahead now. In the mean time my partners boss at the private language school she teaches at, has informed them by email

that they will be laid off without pay until January. 

The good lady is devastated and I’m just doing my best to keep it all going. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if a meteor hit my house at this rate.

Sorry to hear that mate. I can relate a bit.

In 2019 january i got engaged. A month or so later found out my employer was changing  things and as a result the team was going to be phased out in a few months. During this time my mum had been going through cancer screening and by September 2019  we found out she had incurable colon caner which had spread.  Doctors gave her 2 years. Luckily i found a job and then was married in summer of 2010. Mum passed away July 2011. The hardest part of my life was working knowing mum was dying slowly every day. I'm so greatful that she got to see me get married. Also, thankful  that i got to spend time with her for 22 months after her diagnosis. It was hard but we made the most of it and got through it together. I changed jobs after her funeral and within a year my wife was pregnant with our first.

Times can be downright tough for all of us at varying points in our lives. The wife was my crutch through it all and i'm absolutely  blessed to have such a wonderful woman in my life.  Be there for  your better half and the family etc. She appreciates it even if she doesnt say it. Sometimes  we have to pickup the slack when others are in crappy situations.  Things get better, i promise. I have two wonderful (pain in the arses) kids and i watched Leicester win the league, play in the champs league  and now europa. Life has it's peaks and valleys but bust out those skis and ride it!

I pray that your partners dad passes peacefully and that the family rebounds as best as they can. Keep your chin up!

• Thanks 1